Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Sharlanna

PLEASE Ban the Adena Sellers Spam!!

Recommended Posts

MalumInSe    44

Whenever they ban one, 200 more show up within five minutes to take their place. They'd have to either hire someone whose sole job is to monitor adena seller spam 24/7, or completely cut off all forms of communication. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Anything    22

Better solution would be more control over who can PM.

Under Game Play put:

Reject Private Messages
General, Clan Member, Ally Member, Friend
and a dropdown for Any level below: Allow all levels, 85,105,110

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/12/2020 at 11:01 AM, Anything said:

Better solution would be more control over who can PM.

Under Game Play put:

Reject Private Messages
General, Clan Member, Ally Member, Friend
and a dropdown for Any level below: Allow all levels, 85,105,110

The problem there is people who you don't know whisper to you as well. People with legitimate questions, or if you're in the market, transactional offers. If you have to access your Options window every time, you'll eventually just default to receive all private messages. 

Also, the levels thing is moot. You can level to 105 in a matter of hours. If you happen to be a big adena selling company, you probably already have a number of characters that are much higher level than that, because it's only at the higher levels that the adena drop amount makes it worthwhile to farm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I admit I am surprised by this, because since returning a month ago, I've felt like the amount of Adena spam has almost disappeared. I see up to two messages a day, generally. After the F2P transition, the spam was unbearable. 

Honestly, the Hero chat is 100x more annoying than Adena sellers, to me. Luckily there are only a handful of people you need to add to the block list before that clears up.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Anything    22
On 14-3-2020 at 4:39 AM, BigBadThumper said:

The problem there is people who you don't know whisper to you as well. People with legitimate questions, or if you're in the market, transactional offers. If you have to access your Options window every time, you'll eventually just default to receive all private messages. 

Also, the levels thing is moot. You can level to 105 in a matter of hours. If you happen to be a big adena selling company, you probably already have a number of characters that are much higher level than that, because it's only at the higher levels that the adena drop amount makes it worthwhile to farm.

Having any options is better then having no options whatsoever and endure having to block 8x adena sell spam every day...
This is yet another annoyance we, the players, suffer from due to the lack of any meaningful actions from ncsoft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Anything said:

Having any options is better then having no options whatsoever and endure having to block 8x adena sell spam every day...
This is yet another annoyance we, the players, suffer from due to the lack of any meaningful actions from ncsoft.

I'm just saying that if they're going to do anything, make them the best, well-conceived options. The problem isn't that NCSoft does do anything, the problem is that they'd rather plant a field of land mines to address a gopher problem. Pretty soon you won't be able to talk to anyone outside of trusted/confirmed friends at the rate we're going.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
degamad    35

Juji, can you just go ahead and add a Action House for the adena sellers and make it part of the game?

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Anything    22

The amount of RMT spam is getting really disgusting and to top it off my blocklist is full!

NCWest can you please increase it to 65535 because 512 is clearly not enough!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dugchugger    4

I leave clan chat up and come back 10 minutes later only to have to scroll far up the screen, missing some of the chat, because the powers that be feel it's more important for me to see heroes cussing each other out and adena seller spam (I allow pm's in clan chat).

I'd prefer to have the option to NOT have hero chat clutter up my clan/ally chat and perhaps an option to only see pm's from friends, allies or people on my contact list while in clan chat.

What happened to the hero tab where I could just flip on over if I felt the need to catch up on what they're saying?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×