Forums

One Auction House for BOTH Servers

Would it be possible to change the Auction House so that players on both Naia AND Chronos can access the same AH and all items for sale?

I realize that may present issues in terms of the respective economies, but as far as players being able to find the items that they want, it would be a tremendous boon. As things are now, there's no server transfer for the foreseeable future. That means you have to wait, sometimes as long as a year, to get the items that you want.

Logging in just to twiddle my thumbs and wait, and wait, and wait, and wait to buy the stuff that I want really blows. The things that I am looking for aren't on my server. But when I log onto the other server, bam-hot-damn(!!!)!, there they are. Several of them, in all varieties and types!!! But what good does that do me when they're on the other server? There has to be a better way.

I know what you're thinking: this doesn't address the real problem, which is periodic promotions coupled with low enchant rates, low drops for top prizes, etc., is ruining gamer enjoyment. The correct action is to make ALL previous promotion items available year-round in either the L2 gallery store, or the L2 store, unless it's a brand spanking new promotion. Doing that would make your entire player base happy. Well, everyone except the price gougers and other market exploiters.

• Like 3

Well, first you should not look in other servers economy...its for your own mental health :)
I dont think this can be done...Imagine now on chronos you cant see all items in a category because there are so many. Simply put Auction House was not design to sustain so many  items.

On 3/16/2020 at 6:16 PM, TheThrax said:

Well, first you should not look in other servers economy...its for your own mental health :)
I dont think this can be done...Imagine now on chronos you cant see all items in a category because there are so many. Simply put Auction House was not design to sustain so many  items.

Part of the problem is that the AH allows people to sell items like old potions, scrolls, random junk that almost no one uses. So the solution there is to start by updating table of what cannot be sold in AH. Start with pots, then go to lower grade weapon, armor, accessories, pet items, etc. The AH should not permit sell of any item below R grade at this stage of game.  I know that rules out some boss jewels, but they can fix that by adding those items to the Luxury Shop in Giran. I mean it is a luxury shop. After that, get more use out of Restoration NPCs by shifting sale of outdated items there. Third, move sale of dyes to the Dye Merchants. Long story short, there is a way, but it means NCSoft would have to actually work to make it happen. Unfortunately, they are of a philosophy to do the least amount necessary for the maximum amount of profit. You won't see changes like that until it affects their bottom line.