Dear ncsoft

Hi everyone.

I would like to make a suggestion to ncsoft that will really make most of the people who play lineage2 happy.

I suggest the last day of the broonch event to drop the price of the 150 boxes pack to 4k coin for the remaining sources of 1500 total packs!!!!!

Maybe this way you ll sell the rest of the packs so you ll be happy too ncsoft!!!

Never!!

Because those whom purchased the promo early are the whales whom are supporting 90% of server bill, If Ncwest decided to reduce the price, that will pissed them off,  And when that happen when next promo came all those whales will not buy anything until last day......Ncwest will never do that, They will not please majority of the community but whale.

3 hours ago, Zier said:

Never!!

Because those whom purchased the promo early are the whales whom are supporting 90% of server bill, If Ncwest decided to reduce the price, that will pissed them off,  And when that happen when next promo came all those whales will not buy anything until last day......Ncwest will never do that, They will not please majority of the community but whale.

Why not?

If with 90% of the server they get more money than 10% of the server , why not?????

Maybe with this new aproach of the prices the servers will attract new players,new activity every day,new enthousiasm in forums and finally a hope for all of us that our favorite game will stay alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can be sure they have thought all that out and decided there are too few players willing/able to pony up the 4k to make it worthwhile.  And to change price in mid-event they'd have to refund the difference to those who have already purchased the packages, and that simply is not going to happen.

8 minutes ago, GentlemanJim said:

You can be sure they have thought all that out and decided there are too few players willing/able to pony up the 4k to make it worthwhile.  And to change price in mid-event they'd have to refund the difference to those who have already purchased the packages, and that simply is not going to happen.

I dont agree with you gentle .

Its like buying a cloth for you.

If you buy it when its new in market its expensive.If yo buy it when its old compared to new arrivings in market ,its cheap.....

And how you know that people wont buy the boxes for 4k coins?

One thing i can tell for sure.That with the current prices the game is dieng.....Merge of naia and freya is the best proof of that.

Maybe they have decided that they will close the game ,and they try to get whatever money they can...Thats the only explanation i can give in their strategy so far...

Volotron, I actually agree with your last comment.  I do think they are treating the game as a cash cow and milking it for all possible profits before shutting it down.  My point, though, was that people present the idea of lowering prices on the forum all the time as if it is a novel idea, and they all use the same rationale you did.  But this is nothing new.  I'm quite sure NCSoft has thoroughly discussed all possible price points and decided pricing so only the richest can afford the items is the way they want to go.  They will hardly be surprised and impressed, much less change their course of action, as a result of customers asking for lower prices.

P.S.  I'd love it if we were proven wrong and NCSoft reps showed interest in the long-term health and development of the game.  But I've seen no evidence of that on these forums, and I'm not holding my breath.

On 25/5/2018 at 7:16 PM, iAndouille said:

Keep the price as it is

i wouldn't like to spend 20b and find that the same stuff worth 4b the next week,  make the pack cheaper from start is the only solution! 

I dont agree with you ando.

When only sold 170 packs of boxes out of 1500,this means that people dont want to buy the packs.

So 1330 packs must be sold.The only way to sell them is by lowering the prices.

If you payed 20b about those boxes ,its your choice!!! 

Company must sell the remaining packs and make the server alive!!!

With these prices server is dieng every day!!!!!!

And even if you dont buy again ,you are the 10% of the server!!!

Ncsoft must start to care for 90% of the server before its too late!!!!!!!!!!

7 minutes ago, Volotron said:

When only sold 170 packs of boxes out of 1500, this means that people don't want to buy the packs.

So 1330 packs must be sold.The only way to sell them is by lowering the prices.

This is incorrect, the packs are not physical goods that have a shelf life. If they are sold they are sold, good then there's revenue, if not well bad then there's no revenue. Since there is no waste, they don't care if the revenue comes via the packs or via other stuff, as long as it streams in. Why do you think they added back the big vitality pack last week?.

I also think the price points are way too high for the majority of the players and believe they should be lowered, but picture this: let's say for a moment they lower the jewels prices like you suggested and make them 4k, this is an unheard off 75% price reduction, so what would prevent the big players from just buying 4x more packs and still hoard all the jewels?. This is not the way to go, the way to go is to allow people to make a "living" from in game means, put some caps to what they can or not do, but do put in a "living" mechanism that does not imply afk'ing, (like fishing). Elsewhere I tried to calculate a "living wage" for the L2 player and came up with the number of 100m per day, let's keep this number in mind please.

One good thing would be dailies, everyone does them, so put in a quest where if you do k99, altar, embryo instance and at least 2 faction quests you'd get a reward for example +15% of the total Xp/Mp won and 120m adena. These quests series cannot be easily done by bot nor macro, they imply taking quests, talking to npc's, porting, running, making groups, etc... make all of these 7 man party only and that would improve things a bit, people would be "forced" to open more groups because they'd need more people to play with. This would boost the sales of cakes, runes, scrolls, etc.. and create a little trickle for NC's revenue, but ultimately they would bring more life to the servers. 

16 hours ago, Oeste said:

This is incorrect, the packs are not physical goods that have a shelf life. If they are sold they are sold, good then there's revenue, if not well bad then there's no revenue. Since there is no waste, they don't care if the revenue comes via the packs or via other stuff, as long as it streams in. Why do you think they added back the big vitality pack last week?.

I also think the price points are way too high for the majority of the players and believe they should be lowered, but picture this: let's say for a moment they lower the jewels prices like you suggested and make them 4k, this is an unheard off 75% price reduction, so what would prevent the big players from just buying 4x more packs and still hoard all the jewels?. This is not the way to go, the way to go is to allow people to make a "living" from in game means, put some caps to what they can or not do, but do put in a "living" mechanism that does not imply afk'ing, (like fishing). Elsewhere I tried to calculate a "living wage" for the L2 player and came up with the number of 100m per day, let's keep this number in mind please.

One good thing would be dailies, everyone does them, so put in a quest where if you do k99, altar, embryo instance and at least 2 faction quests you'd get a reward for example +15% of the total Xp/Mp won and 120m adena. These quests series cannot be easily done by bot nor macro, they imply taking quests, talking to npc's, porting, running, making groups, etc... make all of these 7 man party only and that would improve things a bit, people would be "forced" to open more groups because they'd need more people to play with. This would boost the sales of cakes, runes, scrolls, etc.. and create a little trickle for NC's revenue, but ultimately they would bring more life to the servers. 

They will never do that with quests oeste and you know it.

They nerf quest rewards everyday.

So l2store is here to stay.

At least stay in low prices.

Or maybe they have decided to close the game and they milk people for their last incomes of $,until the games end .

Maybe they decided that lineage2 must come to an end after 14 years,so that people will go to other new games of the company.

Their last moves ingame showing this deriction only .Sadly for all of us that love l2....

Guest Duardin
30 minutes ago, Volotron said:

They will never do that with quests oeste and you know it.

They nerf quest rewards everyday.

So l2store is here to stay.

At least stay in low prices.

Or maybe they have decided to close the game and they milk people for their last incomes of $,until the games end .

Maybe they decided that lineage2 must come to an end after 14 years,so that people will go to other new games of the company.

Their last moves ingame showing this deriction only .Sadly for all of us that love l2....

If they failed like that, players won't play any other games, created by NC.

Which is precisely why this thread is beside the point. The purpose of real-life logistics is to deliver goods to the customer, whereas the purpose of a Lineage 2 event is to not deliver any goods to the customer (so as not to upset the in-game economy) while making the customer still pay for those non-delivered goods. CM Fragola from Innova explained it here and on the following page:
https://eu.4gameforum.com/threads/657561/#post-9153345

9 hours ago, Duardin said:

If they failed like that, players won't play any other games, created by NC.

This is true. When you look at the 3rd block of graphics here, you can see that Lineage [1] Mobile has, due to an exceedingly exploitative business model, lost about half of its Korean player base over the last six months (the numbers contain the royalties from Lineage 2 Revolution and have been further boosted by the success of Lineage M in Taiwan). Those disenchanted players - check the rage posts in the comments section at the bottom of the page - did not return to the original Lineage 1, but are lost to the company:
http://www.inven.co.kr/webzine/news/?news=199175&site=lineage2

Thanks for the link, Yidao, but all Fragola is saying is that they can predict the output of items based on the odds and the number of items input (in other words, the number of chances to get the items).  This is common sense, and in no way suggests that the odds change as the event goes on or that there is an actual limit to the items obtained.

Socketka explains it a bit better here:
http://boards.rochand.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=407&start=2110#p38066
(also check the previous page to see where the discussion is coming from)

Simply put, based on previous experience NCsoft has a fairly good idea how many players will participate in an event and how much they will spend there (both real money and adena). Based on those numbers they set the rates so that de facto only one or two lvl 5 Jewels will emerge during the event. In theory this does not exclude the possibility that a player who said his prayers every night gets exceptionally lucky and actually obtains three lvl 5 Rubies all for himself, but in reality this just doesn't happen.

I personally suspect that this might be one reason for the announced merge of Naia and Freya - if the player numbers get too low, the developers' statistical tools don't work any more.

And I take back what I said previously about odds changing as the event goes on. Socketka has a simpler, and therefore better, explanation for the phenomenon:
http://boards.rochand.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=407&start=2100#p38065

If things went easy none would play this game! its mazochist behavior its common from c1 ppl sitting like vampires in front of pc 24/7 to the bot train era, so nothing new,

human nature need challenge or it will get bored soon! 

cheers

Aram just found the odds (after a change to the Korean law, NCsoft is now obliged to publish them). You can see the Brooch Jewel compoundig rates in the upper block of the last table here:
http://lineage2nshop.plaync.com/lineage2/shopAnnouncement/468?pageIndex=1

Of course those rates are for the Korean version and might have been changed for NCWest. But this will give you a rough idea.

18 minutes ago, Yidao said:

Aram just found the odds (after a change to the Korean law, NCsoft is now obliged to publish them). You can see the Brooch Jewel compoundig rates in the upper block of the last table here:

Of course those rates are for the Korean version and might have been changed for NCWest. But this will give you a rough idea.

Doesn't matter. When you log in Naia it's almost empty, difficult to find a pt. When you ask people why they don't play, usually the answer is: "For what? Modify Armor / Weapon?"

Extremly low adena/item drop rates, expensive events and impudent GMs, who don't care for bug reports, even in the forum.

2 hours ago, Yidao said:

this is the link in question: http://lineage2nshop.plaync.com/lineage2/shopAnnouncement/468?pageIndex=1

1st picture shows Dragon Artifact Box
2nd picture shows Dragon Item Box
3rd Shiny Dragon Item Box
4th Artifact Aquisition
5th Sayha Talismans
6th Shirt odds Shiny/Physical/Magic
7th Dragon Shirt
8th Brooch Jewels Compound odds

On 2/6/2018 at 7:37 PM, Kushi said:

Doesn't matter. When you log in Naia it's almost empty, difficult to find a pt. When you ask people why they don't play, usually the answer is: "For what? Modify Armor / Weapon?"

Extremly low adena/item drop rates, expensive events and impudent GMs, who don't care for bug reports, even in the forum.

If they continue with these ideas kushi i am pretty sure that there will be none playing at the final server(naia+chronos+freya).

There is no reason to play at naia nowdays.

I stoped buy ncoin 4 months now and i dont find any reason to buy anymore!!!Here are some of the reasons for me not to buy ncoin anymore:

1)No sieges anymore...dh controls all castles

2)No point of playing olympiad.No good quest items from oly amd no chance of succeding something there versus 20k$ players ....

3)No bloody stones to make your armor bloody

4)No activity for most of the hours of the day

5)No adena solo areas where you can go and spend your real life time (which is short anyway,cause life is short) and collect adena to buy items.

6)No good rewards from dailys.The rewards getting nerfed more and more each time

7)Very expensive events

8)No good pvp system.And i am refering to the existance of a pvp system that rewards players with items when they kill an oponnent with high points for example and motivating a pve player to participate in pvps.

These are some of the reasons  people dont want to play lineage2 anymore and loging in for just 1 hour of gameplay some days of the week.

I hope ncsoft team see some of the reasons i refered previus and make some changes on game . 

Archived