Jump to content
Hime

Live Server Maintenance: Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Recommended Posts

Hime    976

Game servers will be down for maintenance beginning Wednesday, March 25, 2020 at 4 a.m. PDT / 6 a.m. CDT / 7 a.m. EDT / 12 p.m. GMT+1 and will be unavailable for approximately 4 hours and 45 minutes

With this maintenance:

  • Standard database maintenance and application restarts will be performed.
  • The Cursed Weapons system will be temporarily disabled for two weeks.
  • The special server settings event will continue for 2 weeks:
    • XP/SP +100%
    • Vitality 300%
    • No XP Loss Upon Death (for non-chaotic only)
    • Party Hunting Bonus +50%
  • The Attendance Checklist Event will start. You can read the full details here.
  • Ancient Kingdom Cloaks will be added to the L2 Store.
  • Latency reducing measures are still temporarily implemented.
  • The server hardware for Naia will be changed during the maintenance to help resolve the latency issue. We will carefully monitor the latency situation after the maintenance tomorrow.

Regarding the latency issue:

  • Compensation will be determined after we have verified the issue has been resolved.

 

If you have any questions about the changes taking place during this maintenance, please feel free to post them on the forums. We also encourage you to follow @LineageIIOps for maintenance and server status updates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Draecke    486
Posted (edited)

will there be any resolutions / fixes implemented during this weeks maintenance or should ppl just log off/wait for the next update and pray something will be fixed then ?

some hints as to what can be done to lower the amount of alts/bots and give other means for players to make adena/gear without forcing them to run 10+ chars, could even lower l2store prices to fight the inflation that is caused by the unbalanced stronghold adena farm for a select few players (99% of which are archers, amazing class balance yo):

  •  implement Korea's changes to the timed zones max extra time extension
  •  their fix on the atlas earring which will only require 100K mentee coins per scroll from the npc meaning no longer need 12 alts but 6
  •  remove adena drops from the old regions that ppl use for rmt bot farm aka plunderous plains & land of chaos etc.
  •  clearly communicate which ways of bypassing the current limit of 3 accounts per PC are "legit/allowed" and then actually block/stop the other ways like teamviewer / vmware or heck even a simple windows user change on same pc as right now everyone and their mother can load 12+ accounts just from 1 PC - stop the Fake amount of accounts logged in by addressing this please as nobody believes for a second Chronos really has 3+ thousand active unique players, it's at best half that and you all know it so let's stop with the fake numbers.

if anything give what people have been asking for like 6+ Months now and turn off / make it max daily refresh the Ranking system.

Thanks for listening to your player base, much appreciated.

 

Edited by Draecke
removed some sarcasm to avoid post getting deleted
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BurnCycle    23
1 hour ago, Draecke said:

will there be any resolutions / fixes implemented during this weeks maintenance or should ppl just log off/wait for the next update and pray something will be fixed then ?

some hints as to what can be done to lower the amount of alts/bots and give other means for players to make adena/gear without forcing them to run 10+ chars, could even lower l2store prices to fight the inflation that is caused by the unbalanced stronghold adena farm for a select few players (99% of which are archers, amazing class balance yo):

  •  implement Korea's changes to the timed zones max extra time extension
  •  their fix on the atlas earring which will only require 100K mentee coins per scroll from the npc meaning no longer need 12 alts but 6
  •  remove adena drops from the old regions that ppl use for rmt bot farm aka plunderous plains & land of chaos etc.
  •  clearly communicate which ways of bypassing the current limit of 3 accounts per PC are "legit/allowed" and then actually block/stop the other ways like teamviewer / vmware or heck even a simple windows user change on same pc as right now everyone and their mother can load 12+ accounts just from 1 PC - stop the Fake amount of accounts logged in by addressing this please as nobody believes for a second Chronos really has 3+ thousand active unique players, it's at best half that and you all know it so let's stop with the fake numbers.

if anything give what people have been asking for like 6+ Months now and turn off / make it max daily refresh the Ranking system.

Thanks for listening to your player base, much appreciated.

 

The Ranking system was deactivated in the past and it didn't solve the lag issues.

Unfortunately none of what you suggest will fix the issues has their all related to the extreme number of ppl/mobs on small range areas. (ex: Blazing Swamp is probably the biggest issue, there are times where you see all players frozen where in the rest of the server there's no issues like that)

To solve it, it would require NCSoft to have multiple fields similar to Blazing Swamps (and other critical areas) to avoid having so many players close to each other. Because that would require actual work, (Adding spawn places to mobs on new areas, adding new drop tables, update quests, etc...)  you won't see that happen anytime soon. So sit, relax and expect the lag to stay for a while.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Draecke    486
Posted (edited)

new mentee changes actually cuts the need of them with 50%, you're telling me reducing amount of ppl in blazing swamp etc. with 50% will not help lowering the lag issue.. really now ? ;)

and it;s clear you never bothered to check out where the rmt bots are nowadays else you would have know there's a ton of them around too.. unless some of them are of friends of yours hmm ?

either way keeping things as is will do nothing for customer retention and as such this game wont last long if the lag doesnt get fixed, eventually ppl get bored of it

inaction / not taking visible actions by NCWest staff sends the wrong signal, turning of ranking may help or not but if anything it will be very visible that at least they tried and cared enough to listen
Edited by Draecke
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FoToMoTo    27

Servers are half population now even with all Blazing and other areas box. Just after restart all is fine, even next 1-2 days. For me its meaning that most what we need is DB optimization or by direct game code fix or DB spec to look and tune it for better performance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Draecke    486

half population ? both servers at peak times reach 4+k so not quite and face it both servers don't even hold 1.5k real players so it's obvious where part of the performance problem lies.. heck even Juji admits it's caused by amount of logged in active accounts..

also main reason why for example Core doesn't have this issue as they do not have that many active accounts

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FoToMoTo    27
Posted (edited)

As i remember old times was 4k+ players and was not an issue since we have less items and many areas where ppl can go ;) now we have 100+ items affect calculation on dmg/def and 99% of population at 3-4 hunting areas. For that we need something better than flooded mssql database ;)

Btw idk how but eve online can handle 25k ppl oline ;)

Edited by FoToMoTo
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Draecke    486
Posted (edited)

Foto this game added a lot of bloatware since the times we had servers that could handle 6.8K players and 400+ ppl pvping at 1 castle..

Rune castle mass pvp with Bekz as DJ in Vent were them days

Edited by Draecke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dentoni    1

Can you guys please revise or correctly inform people about the restoration policy please , just implement something that lets people know that the wep they are buying or trading for has a used token on it or not .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BurnCycle    23
2 hours ago, Draecke said:

new mentee changes actually cuts the need of them with 50%, you're telling me reducing amount of ppl in blazing swamp etc. with 50% will not help lowering the lag issue.. really now ? ;)

and it;s clear you never bothered to check out where the rmt bots are nowadays else you would have know there's a ton of them around too.. unless some of them are of friends of yours hmm ?

either way keeping things as is will do nothing for customer retention and as such this game wont last long if the lag doesnt get fixed, eventually ppl get bored of it

inaction / not taking visible actions by NCWest staff sends the wrong signal, turning of ranking may help or not but if anything it will be very visible that at least they tried and cared enough to listen

The amount of reduction you mentioned will not be enough. Places like blazing swamp will always be packed due to his unique XP/hour for those toons 99-101.

I've checked places like plunderous plains when i was hunting for the cursed swords, at least in Naia there weren't many there. What causes the lag is the huge data transfer that needs to be processed when too many toons and mobs are close each other. In plunderous i didn't see that. (might be different in chronos, dunno)

And i agree with you that doing nothing is stupid, but unfortunately that's how NCSoft works. I've said my mind about that in other topics, it's insane how they keep treating their clients.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Juji    920

There was a crucial maintenance note missing for the maintenance tomorrow:

  • The server hardware for Naia will be changed during the maintenance to help resolve the latency issue. We will carefully monitor the latency situation after the maintenance tomorrow.

Please do not hesitate to inform us if you experience latency on Naia after the server hardware changes tomorrow. If successful, we will do the same for Chronos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quenia    96
4 hours ago, Draecke said:

new mentee changes actually cuts the need of them with 50%, you're telling me reducing amount of ppl in blazing swamp etc. with 50% will not help lowering the lag issue.. really now ? ;)

and it;s clear you never bothered to check out where the rmt bots are nowadays else you would have know there's a ton of them around too.. unless some of them are of friends of yours hmm ?

either way keeping things as is will do nothing for customer retention and as such this game wont last long if the lag doesnt get fixed, eventually ppl get bored of it

inaction / not taking visible actions by NCWest staff sends the wrong signal, turning of ranking may help or not but if anything it will be very visible that at least they tried and cared enough to listen

Totally agree!

If new accounts were really new players all this mess would be for a reason, but better not fool ourselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ambicija    58
Posted (edited)

after many years discussion it clear...

1. Ranking system its OK - was some month ago turned OFF - any changes we not feel.

2. Bots its NOT OK - real players have problems with bots in CS, in wars, in PVE.  Plus bots using big server traffic. So its also clear.

3. Game mechanic its absolutely NOT OK - for just 1 simple hit, formula must to count hundred of items, skills specification, position and etc. But this... just developers problem - they not understand what doing - just ad in game every 3 month new items (skills). In this key need absolutely rework game mechanic and delete hundred of items from game.

(Personally im doing dmg calculator in exel - and its WTF... Just simple critical dmg efekt 10+ items/skils...)

 

PS.: From what to start..? All we must to rapport all gamer's which we know from Russia, Ukraine, Moldova and etc (illegal connection) - 90% of this people just simple RTM or have contracts with RTM - and log hundreds acc - just to make some $ - and its clear. Rapport all that people and ban - if they not use L2Store (for example 10-20$ per month).

PSS.: What admins must to do? First read EULA (many times) - and do what its writed...

Edited by Ambicija
mistake

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ambicija    58

And why i say this? In my opinion if game server USA - working admins from USA - they must to respect yourself and to have "balls"

https://l2stat.info.cutestat.com/

What its? Bots approx legal running from server registered in Moscow - and its OK?  Come on...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shoppy    73
9 hours ago, Draecke said:

will there be any resolutions / fixes implemented during this weeks maintenance or should ppl just log off/wait for the next update and pray something will be fixed then ?

some hints as to what can be done to lower the amount of alts/bots and give other means for players to make adena/gear without forcing them to run 10+ chars, could even lower l2store prices to fight the inflation that is caused by the unbalanced stronghold adena farm for a select few players (99% of which are archers, amazing class balance yo):

  •  implement Korea's changes to the timed zones max extra time extension
  •  their fix on the atlas earring which will only require 100K mentee coins per scroll from the npc meaning no longer need 12 alts but 6
  •  remove adena drops from the old regions that ppl use for rmt bot farm aka plunderous plains & land of chaos etc.
  •  clearly communicate which ways of bypassing the current limit of 3 accounts per PC are "legit/allowed" and then actually block/stop the other ways like teamviewer / vmware or heck even a simple windows user change on same pc as right now everyone and their mother can load 12+ accounts just from 1 PC - stop the Fake amount of accounts logged in by addressing this please as nobody believes for a second Chronos really has 3+ thousand active unique players, it's at best half that and you all know it so let's stop with the fake numbers.

if anything give what people have been asking for like 6+ Months now and turn off / make it max daily refresh the Ranking system.

Thanks for listening to your player base, much appreciated.

 

Damn man, you're right. While we getting all these items removed for QoL reasons, many recent QoL measures done in Korea aren't flowing to our servers yet. Yes, I can understand that Korea is under stress as well due corona and NCSoft HQ might have only a hand full of developers working to keep own servers running and Juji's playhouse is less of a concern for them.

I've been saying it for months, Ranking System has to be disabled. Despawn mobs from unused zones (and there are many), remove unused items from the database (why remove Life Stones, but keep Ancient Adena and many C3-C5 items in client?). The QoL things they do aren't affecting the server stability at all.

And yes, I agree with some people. The whole exp tunnelling from Altar of Evil to Bloody Swampland to Blazing Swamp to Hellbound is way to heavy and impossible for some classes. I've also been saying this for a long time. A secondary lv100-105 zone would spread the load. Blazing Swamp and Aden Town are basically same geo-data location, it's almost impossible to load anything in Aden these days.

4 hours ago, Juji said:

There was a crucial maintenance note missing for the maintenance tomorrow:

  • The server hardware for Naia will be changed during the maintenance to help resolve the latency issue. We will carefully monitor the latency situation after the maintenance tomorrow.

Please do not hesitate to inform us if you experience latency on Naia after the server hardware changes tomorrow. If successful, we will do the same for Chronos.

@Juji So... You confirm with this that the NA servers aren't on a virtual cluster and last new hardware wasn't just upscaling the virtual cluster to have more CPU and RAM to consume? Is every L2 server you run running on it's own dedicated hardware?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aaliyah    4

Cutting down logged accounts helps but this shouldn't be the goal.

Because the real reason for lag is the spaghetti code that forces insane net traffic.

Items calculating damage etc only hurt your cpu.

We need the Koreans to make the game use more local files but idk if this is possible, since that would make the game more vulnerbale to bots again (leaked code, lame anti-cheat).

One change for EU players that would definitely help would be to not upgrade server machine but to rent cloud space for the server somewhere in Europe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MarceloBR    6
1 minute ago, ReaperGG said:

Since when is the legendary scroll for cloaks using Hero coins 1 per account? @Juji@Hime why r u doing this?

Your game works?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×