Forums

EU Classic closedown on 15th April

I come here just to ask for the NCsoft team responsible for classic Lineage 2 to talk to skelth team, brainstorm ideas, so that our servers don't end up like skelth.

Hope you listen the players, because.some.of them have awsome ideas.

Best regards

The writing is on the wall.  Skelth closes, everything those people bought and invested in are gone at the switchover point.  As pointed out above, Item ID's are different.  They have now merged TI, Gludio and Aden servers so only 2 NA servers are left (TI and Giran).  The next move will be to merge the last 2 NA servers into 1.  Once that is completed, then they can nix this server and move everyone to Essence, and then we lose everything we bought through the years.  And NCsoft has the right to that, it is their game and it is in the EULA we all agreed to.  Nothing is promised to us in the game.

I just wish they would tell us their future plans.  For example, long term we will not eliminate your gear levels, toons, etc, they will be able to be merged into any new platform in the future, then maybe it makes sense to invest more in the game.  However without that assurance, which I doubt will be given, spending another penny on this game in this version is losing your money. 

TBH, I wish they would just say, we are shutting down Classic servers and Essence is the single platform going forward.  Then we all just make a decision. Do you start over and play catch up to people already in game with better gear and a jump start in levels, or do you bail out of Lineage?

3 minutes ago, Reelthrill said:

TBH, I wish they would just say, we are shutting down Classic servers and Essence is the single platform going forward.  Then we all just make a decision. Do you start over and play catch up to people already in game with better gear and a jump start in levels, or do you bail out of Lineage?

Agree, and I only just got here. Its not worth spending money here now.

On 3/26/2020 at 12:11 PM, lventoo said:

I come here just to ask for the NCsoft team responsible for classic Lineage 2 to talk to skelth team, brainstorm ideas, so that our servers don't end up like skelth.

Hope you listen the players, because.some.of them have awsome ideas.

Best regards

This is a game, the servers will close sooner or later.

Also NCwest has much lower tolerance when it comes to considering closing servers.

The moment the servers become unsustainable, they will be closed down.

Skelth's biggest problem was that players from a specific country made it a point to PK anyone trying to level who didn't pay them. Apparently killing people and preventing them from leveling made them just quit the game. Who would of thought? Hence NCWest's policy change they made a while back. Because they saw what was happening and didn't want it repeated here. I'd be super surprised if the connection issues people are having recently aren't the result of actions made by people in that same country. How dare NCwest ban their IPs and stop them from ruining this server too..

Certainly the pay per month aspect also played a role but that just sped up the exodus. Who wants to pay $15 (whatever) a month to get ganked by ponies that are 10-50 levels above you?

Any game you play that has an online component can be shut down at any time. One of the main disadvantages of the "live services" meta that some developers/publishers are trying hard to cash in on. I don't see classic being shut down for some time and even then only if the playerbase dies horribly.

Essence is indeed crap.

8 hours ago, TheThrax said:

How you feel knowing very soon servers will be closed? So much money spend and...pff, they are closing servers.
You must be a masochist to play(pay) in this condition...

LoL

Man people have been predicting the imminent death of Lineage 2 for over 15 years now...

The earliest post I've personally seen claiming L2 was going to die soon was back in 2005.

Edited by Tool_of_Society