Paid Weapon Change Service Ticket Idea

Mystikal

@Juji

We need a better, faster way to exchange weapons than to wait for Red Libra once a year.

Why not create a Weapon Change service that works like Name Change or Gender Ticket services? Or maybe just add weapon change to one of those existing ticket options? All players would need to do is buy Gender ticket, but submit a ticket to NC Support saying that they want their weapon changed from dagger to bow, or whatever their preference is, not their gender. If demands gets out of control you can limit it to only Bloody/Dark R99 and Bloody/Dark/Limited R110 weapons only.

Is that too hard to implement? You could earn more income for sure that way.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Draecke said:

can you at least wait until the game servers are no longer utter trash before coming up of more ways to throw away money ?

Why? The servers haven't been completely right for years. That is a constant and not changing any time soon obviously, if ever. That shouldn't stop them from continuing to find other ways to improve other game offerings. 

1 hour ago, Mystikal said:

Why? The servers haven't been completely right for years. That is a constant and not changing any time soon obviously, if ever. That shouldn't stop them from continuing to find other ways to improve other game offerings. 

I agree with you. I've been playing L2 since 2005 and there as always been some type of lags or bugs. 

But were still all playing it and were still all alive. Too many people cry over the lag and expect NC to give em the moon in return.

People need to realise that when NC tries to compensate and give a server boost like the current one you end up gaining a lot more than what you lost.

To get to the subject of your post, I think it would be a great idea that everyone could benefit from.

17 hours ago, Draecke said:

can you at least wait until the game servers are no longer utter trash before coming up of more ways to throw away money ?

We are going to be waiting a very loooooooooooooooooooong time for servers to stop being trash.  :P

6 minutes ago, MalumInSe said:

+Infinity. I would be ok with a means to change weapons in game, even if it meant paying for service.

why are you okay with this? you have to pay for everything in this game, you have to pay for shots to grind your life away

why is it okay to pay with your real life time and your real life $ to kill monsters in a 15 yr old game?

why can the game not be fun and have actual fun stuff to do? why can you not just run a dungeon and get the weapon you want, even if it means running the same dungeon several different times? instead of paying for the weapon with real $.....

• Like 1

They will make more and faster money if they introduce a DUAL CLASS TO MAIN CLASS CHANGE SERVICE

Adding a service to exchange weapons for NCoin so you can just keep financing a reroll with your credit card is destructive for the game servers and the already way to fragile and NCoin reliable market.

3 hours ago, Genosha said:

They will make more and faster money if they introduce a DUAL CLASS TO MAIN CLASS CHANGE SERVICE

No, they will not make more or faster money with "Dual to Main"-Service. Switching Dual to Main is actually a huge thing cause you have to keep track of many dependencies and restrictions like Olly, Quests, Skills or Race/Class-interference. If you would have ever seen the gameserver code, you would understand better. 

The Weapon service that @Mystikal supposed, would be much much much easier. If they could not change the weapon directly, they would just create a new one of the desired type and add the same SA again. Old weapon gets deleted. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sesh2 said:

why are you okay with this? you have to pay for everything in this game, you have to pay for shots to grind your life away

why is it okay to pay with your real life time and your real life $ to kill monsters in a 15 yr old game?

why can the game not be fun and have actual fun stuff to do? why can you not just run a dungeon and get the weapon you want, even if it means running the same dungeon several different times? instead of paying for the weapon with real $.....

It costs you real life money and time to constantly log on to complain about game. Probably as much in terms of your internet service and utility bill, computer equipment and such as the guy is willing to pay for weapon change. His dime, his time. Not your place to question or say other.

5 hours ago, Genosha said:

Adding a service to exchange weapons for NCoin so you can just keep financing a reroll with your credit card is destructive for the game servers and the already way to fragile and NCoin reliable market.

Destructive for game servers? The game is old and they introduced Atlas earrings with predictable response from players to create thousands of alts which is more damage and strain to servers than any weapon change service could do.

Dual Class to Main is also harder on NCSoft staff because of the time and resources involved to make those changes. Expect bottleneck in turn around time. They will charge more for the service out of necessity, probably as much as $150 USD. A price tag that high means that only top spenders will be able to get the service, not average players. So not only do you use up NCSoft resources, but you break the competitive balance in game even more. No thanks.

Back to original topic...

+1 for Weapon Change Idea 

1 hour ago, BlackIce said:

It costs you real life money and time to constantly log on to complain about game. Probably as much in terms of your internet service and utility bill, computer equipment and such as the guy is willing to pay for weapon change. His dime, his time. Not your place to question or say other.

Not really, since I pay for internet regardless if I play this trash game or not.

Actually it is my place to question it or say otherwise. It's players like that and you who helped ruin the game and turn it into a credit card vs credit card game. Instead of a fun2play game. Also, everyone has the right to question others and everyone is entitled to their opinion.

6 hours ago, Skolex said:

No, they will not make more or faster money with "Dual to Main"-Service. Switching Dual to Main is actually a huge thing cause you have to keep track of many dependencies and restrictions like Olly, Quests, Skills or Race/Class-interference. If you would have ever seen the gameserver code, you would understand better. 

The Weapon service that @Mystikal supposed, would be much much much easier. If they could not change the weapon directly, they would just create a new one of the desired type and add the same SA again. Old weapon gets deleted. 

They were able to do it back in 2008-2010. They still offer that service in Korea in a slightly different form.

All they have to do is swap classes. You Orc Tyrr Titan main, Sword Muse dual? You become Orc Sword Muse. Want to become an Elf? Buy Race Change.

Quests are shared on char, they do not differ between main and dual class. Dual Class skills are character wide. Forgotten Book skills are class bound, Revelation skills are class bound. Oly? If you wanna change DO NOT DO OLY THAT MONTH. It's easy as washing your hands.

It's a high demanded and asked for service. Adding a stupid weapon exchange server... good luck man. All server will be Yul.

1 hour ago, Genosha said:

They were able to do it back in 2008-2010. They still offer that service in Korea in a slightly different form.

All they have to do is swap classes. You Orc Tyrr Titan main, Sword Muse dual? You become Orc Sword Muse. Want to become an Elf? Buy Race Change.

Quests are shared on char, they do not differ between main and dual class. Dual Class skills are character wide. Forgotten Book skills are class bound, Revelation skills are class bound. Oly? If you wanna change DO NOT DO OLY THAT MONTH. It's easy as washing your hands.

It's a high demanded and asked for service. Adding a stupid weapon exchange server... good luck man. All server will be Yul.

they also did not have all the problems they have now back in 2008-2010...they cant even give correct info on events, or maintain a reliable server...what makes you think they could implement class swap service?

all they need to do is add stone of destiny back to the game, and get rid of pointless dualclasses...players already have enough to grind for their desired class, like grind runestones, buy "forgotten skills" lol, get dyes/tattoos, artifacts, cloaks, circlets etc etc...then they want us to lvl up a dualclass to get more skills/stats ? uhhh where is the fun?

Well since they have made dorfs useless? and nothing in the patch notes about crafting... it will be minimum the following update for any chanhe there... so wtf?

Put armors and wpns in l2store.. 

Edited by ZooArcher

19 hours ago, Sesh2 said:

Not really, since I pay for internet regardless if I play this trash game or not.

Actually it is my place to question it or say otherwise. It's players like that and you who helped ruin the game and turn it into a credit card vs credit card game. Instead of a fun2play game. Also, everyone has the right to question others and everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Why is it the people with moronic, conflated opinions always think they are obligated to force their backwards views on everyone else? You are wrong: It is not your place to do anything but eat, breathe and die. Well, there's no food here, and you said yourself you can't stand the oxygen that L2 brings, so...why are you here again?

Whether you like it or not, NCSoft isn't changing their business model for you. If other consumers like the service and want to find ways to improve the game within the parameters of the existing model, then so much the better. No one cares that you don't like it.

You call this game trash, but it seems to me that you are the one that needs to be taken out and left on the curb. Move on in life, man. You'll be much happier. I promise.

• Haha 1

On 4/2/2020 at 6:27 PM, BlackIce said:

Why is it the people with moronic, conflated opinions always think they are obligated to force their backwards views on everyone else? You are wrong: It is not your place to do anything but eat, breathe and die. Well, there's no food here, and you said yourself you can't stand the oxygen that L2 brings, so...why are you here again?

Whether you like it or not, NCSoft isn't changing their business model for you. If other consumers like the service and want to find ways to improve the game within the parameters of the existing model, then so much the better. No one cares that you don't like it.

You call this game trash, but it seems to me that you are the one that needs to be taken out and left on the curb. Move on in life, man. You'll be much happier. I promise.

you must be a new player or something...but here, ill give you some info

they had this service in game, and people used it all the time....NCscam saw the $ they were losing and took it out

its not about NCscam changing their business model for me, its about them changing their model for the community....and you are obviously not part of the community here, go back to your illegal trash server

On 4/2/2020 at 7:15 PM, Sesh2 said:

they had this service in game, and people used it all the time....NCscam saw the $ they were losing and took it out

When did they have a weapon change service in-game for R110 weapons outside of Red Libra? No one is talking about the below R grade weapon change with Mammon.

I've only ever played live. Not outside server, not illegal server, or whatever the case, which you seem to know quite a bit about. Stop projecting and either respond in a respectful way, or not at all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/7/2020 at 7:30 PM, Mystikal said:

When did they have a weapon change service in-game for R110 weapons outside of Red Libra? No one is talking about the below R grade weapon change with Mammon.

I've only ever played live. Not outside server, not illegal server, or whatever the case, which you seem to know quite a bit about. Stop projecting and either respond in a respectful way, or not at all.

they had the service in game before r110 was implemented, if you were around on a live server and up-to-date you would remember people complaining about it not working for r110 gear

not sure what you are crying about kid, no1 said anything disrespectful to you