golemka    70
37 minutes ago, Quenia said:

Customer support answer:

Can we have some clarification is PKing for hunting spots (especially repeatedly) a punishable offense or there is something i don't understand in @Hime post?

Cause i have Screenshots from at least 5 "top tier" players that do that systematically only for their convenience (like our time is expendable).

Your answer is in the 2nd quote. 

I do daily 200+ PK, cleaning bs and hb from the afk macro bots. Since you cant get any adena and equipment from pk anymore, this is just another way to change your nickname colour. Its just a warning for those who are trying to abuse the pk bug what we had in the past. 

• Like 1

Anub1s    3
42 minutes ago, Quenia said:

Customer support answer:

Can we have some clarification is PKing for hunting spots (especially repeatedly) a punishable offense or there is something i don't understand in @Hime post?

Cause i have Screenshots from at least 5 "top tier" players that do that systematically only for their convenience (like our time is expendable).

From what I know and understand, Pking for a spot is only considered a harassment (which is a punishable offense) if that specific character keeps on PKing you (intentional) for your spot inspite of so many other spots  available they can grab from other players, just take screenshots and logged the time/date and then report. If someone PKs you once, just get back at them once (if they are AFK)  and move on or go PVP if you are on the same tier with that PKer. 

Its another case if the PKer belongs to top tiers players, you can try to report him/her but I doubt Ncsoft will do anything about it most specially if that player buys a lot of ncoins. You can also PK them if they are AFK .

Jinsei    0

On 4/4/2020 at 12:29 AM, BlackIce said:

Remember when we were young and the game was fresh and brand new? You'd take weeks just to get 3% worth of XP. Then unexpectedly a PKer would come along and kill you just as you were leaving the entrance to the village. Bye bye all of that week's worth of XP in an instant. Bye bye whatever armor, jewelry or weapon you had in your inventory that took you months of repeatedly farming the same quest to earn. 

Which is why a LOT of people quitted the game so they had to change that stupid way, the only certainty is the game changes every update and even earlier, so always worth to complain and go through the right channels to make suggestions to the devs team and GMs as well.

Jinsei    0

On 4/4/2020 at 1:10 AM, Sesh2 said:

umm, you must be new to the game or something...but you couldn't drop items from being pk'd back in the day

you must be way noobier than you think buddy, back in the old classic school days you could drop even when dying from mobs.

Jinsei    0
On 4/4/2020 at 4:34 AM, GhostintheShell said:

Hey listen Sesh.

I feel your sorrow and being harassed like the way you experienced is on a level that normally don't happen.

However, you're trying to paint a picture that the harasser are assholes and that you're the innocent victim.  I've been playing this game for 16 years and I'm not just any ordinary player, there are things that I do in this game that no one in the world does what I do...  I create a personal goal for myself in this game and keep the drama to a minimum.  I've seen a lot of players come and go, young and old, rich and poor and everything in between.  95% of the players that played with me during the heyday have all but gone and I'm still here.

Let me tell you what I think.

I think given everything you have wrote and responded, you are easily offended kind of individuals and often offends others when you don't notice it yourself.  It's you against the world -- even in the real world.  Everything you experienced, as bad as it may sound, you brought it upon yourself.  You're not a person who listen to advise.  You are argumentative and you don't try to see the viewpoints of others.

I personally believe when @BlackIce try to offer you genuine heartfelt advise regarding building powerful friends as the only way to really approach a game in which the GM allows the game internal politics to govern itself, he's really offering you a life line if you really want a way out and to experience the social aspect that makes this game legendary.  Players governed universe.  And what did you do?  You spit that sound advise back to his face.  

Anyways, I feel like every character I'm typing here is a waste of time because I know nothing that I say will change you... I'm only even wasting my time typing all this for ALL OTHER PEOPLE OTHER THAN YOU to read.  

Normally I would have spend more time expounding the virtues of social behavior and conduct but I prefer to enjoy my evening is a peaceful and happy way.

Despite everything, best of luck to whatever you want to do, in game or out.  And I mean it in the most respectful way possible -- again, despite the possibility you'll again just like everyone else -- see me as your enemy (you-against-the-world).  But I want to bless you just the same.

You bleep off some people and they delight in making you suffer.  Simple as that.  You could actually talk to your harasser and bend down like how dogs in the real world to survive a peking order.  Submit and lie on your side to let the alpha male cool off so you can LIVE.

I DID READ! and felt you mate.

Quenia    95
1 hour ago, golemka said:

Your answer is in the 2nd quote. 

I do daily 200+ PK, cleaning bs and hb from the afk macro bots. Since you cant get any adena and equipment from pk anymore, this is just another way to change your nickname colour. Its just a warning for those who are trying to abuse the pk bug what we had in the past. 

It seems that way.

Ppl pk you for no reason now, especially stacked toons. They kill 2 mobs and they are white again. No risk involved anyway.

Can't find a spot or too lazy to find one? ... Just pk!

Ask someone to leave and won't obey? ... Pk!

And if u dare to retaliate they hunt you and your clanmates also.

Cool game!

I am too old and friendly for this sh11t.

Get2ThePoint    25
Posted (edited)

PKing for spot is a normal aspect of this game. In the open world a spot is only yours so long as you can keep it. It's what the designers intended, to have rival forces compete for rare resources and access, including hunting spots, raid bosses, etc. It's not a coincidence that the devs created quests with only a limited number of places to obtain the quest items. The purpose is to encourage player interaction, both good and bad.

I don't doubt that some people take it to the extreme. You hear people offer to pay well known PKers to clear out BS all of the time now. It's become kind of an underground economy. PKers as well paid hit men.

In the real world the community would come together to fight these wolves. In fact, in the old days L2 players would rally to kill PKers. There's bound to be someone the same level of the PKer or higher and well equipped. But that was back when people actually played, instead of logging in to set up a macro and go AFK. All of this abets the PKer. How this game is played now is ripe fruit for them.

Reporting the PKers, especially the ones who kill everyone indiscriminately, is pointless. I say that because short of making every hunting area PVP-free zones, there's always going to be someone killing someone else. You don't really need a justification. He/she feels that it is worth their time to wipe you out. Your job is to show him that it's not. How you arrive at that is up to you. GMs won't do it for you.

Edited by Get2ThePoint
  • Like 1

Quenia    95

Game is far too unbalanced. Maybe you can fight a pker in BS but a DW yull can kill 100s of mid tiers with a single skill. There is a HUGE gap. I wonder what pleasure players find in nowadays pvp (cele/tanza/dispa >1 hit).

Also players usually use the most petty / mean ways to retaliate. It's a jungle.

In an extensively farming / grinding game like l2 when you have no access to decent farm is like banishment. Better pack your things and go!

Imho PK should have a great penalty (not item drop necessarily, could be a 12h dbf or something) , it shouldn't be something you wash by killing 2 mobs.

Anyway my question was mostly addressed to @Hime

, who is the creator of the  aforementioned post. As there is clearly a conflict between the 2 statements.

• Like 1

Arthur    4
17 hours ago, Quenia said:

Game is far too unbalanced. Maybe you can fight a pker in BS but a DW yull can kill 100s of mid tiers with a single skill. There is a HUGE gap. I wonder what pleasure players find in nowadays pvp (cele/tanza/dispa >1 hit).

Also players usually use the most petty / mean ways to retaliate. It's a jungle.

In an extensively farming / grinding game like l2 when you have no access to decent farm is like banishment. Better pack your things and go!

Imho PK should have a great penalty (not item drop necessarily, could be a 12h dbf or something) , it shouldn't be something you wash by killing 2 mobs.

Anyway my question was mostly addressed to @Hime

, who is the creator of the  aforementioned post. As there is clearly a conflict between the 2 statements.

PK is an element of the game that was originally conceived to make the game more realistic and made L 2 play with new colors, unlike the same World of Warcraft
In L 2 you can be genteel and you can be a bad and a pirate, which in turn brings an element of reputation to the game
L 2 was not originally a friendly game for absolutely everyone, it is so conceived, so why do you suddenly raise the issue of PK after 17 years?
The fact that some players complain about a PK is not a PK problem, but a PK imbalance problem, as you wrote that a return to normal status occurs in the field of killing 2 mobs, you may need to wait for toughening for PK in the next updates,
 but remove the PK element in general will be a big mistake and loss of the element of realism of the game and the reputation of the players

PS: I personally do not see any problems in the PK... killed? Well,  killed .. risen and play again ( absolutely no problem )

Sesh    26
On 4/6/2020 at 7:39 PM, KillerFrost said:

AS Stated by the people that actually played back then YES you could drop items, White, Purple, or RED at any point in time YOU COULD DROP ITEMS.  It wasn't until like C4/C5 where they made it so you COULDN'T drop if your name was white/purple and only when you were red.  But again your to young to know because you didn't play back in Closed/Open Beta like the rest of us did.  So please stop telling us what you think it was because we actually KNOW what it was.  You kids these days think you know everything when you come in 1/2 through a game or 1/2 way through a conversation.. SHUT YOUR MOUTH and let the adults talk because we actually were playing during that time.  You thankfully weren't playing during that time. NOW keep that trap shut.

hey kid, a white character would not drop items if killed by a chaotic character back in the day.....so some research and stop spreading misinformation noob