Live Server Maintenance: Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Hime

• L2 Team

Game servers will be down for maintenance beginning Wednesday, April 8, 2020 at 5 a.m. PDT / 7 a.m. CDT / 8 a.m. EDT / 2 p.m. GMT+2 and will be unavailable for approximately 2 hours and 30 minutes.

With this maintenance:

• Standard database maintenance and application restarts will be performed.
  • The Cursed Weapons system unavailability will be extended for an additional two weeks.
  • The special server settings event will be extended for an additional two weeks!
    • XP/SP +100%
    • Vitality 300%
    • No XP Loss Upon Death (for non-chaotic only)
    • Party Hunting Bonus +50%
  • Ancient Kingdom Cloaks on the L2 Store will be extended for an additional two weeks.
  • The Attendance Checklist Event will be available 3 weeks.
  • Latency reducing measures are still temporarily implemented until the latency delay issue is resolved.

Other notes:

• Live servers are currently at max capacity during peak times so you may encounter a login queue.
  • We have confirmed the latency delay issue for melee character is still occurring after our server setting adjustments last week. Additional settings will be changed during the maintenance while the dev team continues to investigate.
  • The Lucky Growth Scrolls will be removed from players' inventories during the next maintenance on April 15.

If you have any questions about the changes taking place during this maintenance, please feel free to post them on the forums. We also encourage you to follow @LineageIIOps for maintenance and server status updates.

• Thanks 1

Hime,

What is entertaining is NC EU/RU have so many more in game items than we do, better community support, and no lag care to elaborate on why we are the black sheep of the Lineage 2 communities through the world?  THIS game could have so much more for us, and so much more money for NC NA but you guys seem to have given up?  I enjoy the game, but at this point why don't you just shut down the servers it's so well known you don't want to fix the server or make more money.

• Like 1

@Hime@Juji can u please bring the mobs in dino isle back to the normal amount and cut down 20% from the coal mines or something? also, GM buffs would be neat after maintanance or install the cat from red libra that gave out the rose buff for 30 mil adenas!Also, is it possible to reduce the amount of Elcyum needed to upgrade weapons into R110? I mean 102 elcyums and 9b adenas for a +12 R99 Bloody to be R110 +10 bloody is quite a lot. Removing restrictions from heavenly scroll would be a great idea as well, making it usable on mage weapons too until +12!

thanks

Edited by ReaperGG
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Hime said:

• The Lucky Growth Scrolls will be removed from players' inventories during the next maintenance on April 15.

Wich Lucky Growth Scroll will be removed? Any specific or all of them? We have 2 diffrent on the server with the same name.

• L2 Team
2 hours ago, WestIce said:

Wich Lucky Growth Scroll will be removed? Any specific or all of them? We have 2 diffrent on the server with the same name.

The version of the scroll from the Lara's Day Off event.

5 hours ago, soeusei said:

a simple and quick solution: disable the ranking and be happy

We temporarily removed the ranking system and timed hunting zones back in August, but it had no effect on the latency delay. The ranking system is not real-time either and refreshes every 5 minutes.

3 hours ago, Nastyyy said:

Just put back weapon appearance scrolls and remove them before update, is not a big deal, if we have lag,we have less mobs and long list at least to have appearances on weapons (those who don have) 

Our dev team requested for us to remove all weapon appearance items as quickly as possible from the game after a major technical issue was found. I will follow up with them to see if there was a bigger picture regarding the removal of the weapon appearance items.

4 minutes ago, Sid said:

@Hime what about big vitality pack?

It will be extended and available in the store until 4/22.

• Like 1

• L2 Team
38 minutes ago, JishinTanker said:

where are Ancient kingdow stone for augment cloak?

1 hour last in l2 store, now havent .

Insert again please.

The items should appear back in the store. Please re-log and check again.

• Thanks 1

@Juji

In regards of the lag issue, i'm sure you have seen many players pointing out many reasons for the lag. Knowing a little bit on how data transfers are made (i'm no expert, just played around similar game servers and studied a bit about it in the university) it's kinda clear to me that the main reason for the lag (not the only one, there are a few areas that are not very well designed and might be causing some small issues) is the blazing swamp area.

When a player hit a mob the information of the damage is transmitted by the server to the player and to the other players around. If there's only 1 or 2 players around the server will only notify 1 or 2 players, but when there 20 or 30 players around the server has to notify those 30 players, and at the same time the info from the dmg of this 30 players will be transmitted to the surrounding players. That means the data updates that the server has to do multiply exponentially with more players close by.

If you ever went to BS you will quickly notice that the amount of ppl close by is insane, there is no other farming place ingame that has that many ppl close together and with so many mobs. In fact, there are moments where you can experience a local lag where the server clearly can't handle so many data updates and cause a total stop on BS only. All other places ingame lag a little bit but in BS there is a complete stop, no mobs move, no player move. I've experienced such moments myself.

Now the main reason i'm saying this is the fact the next update NCSoft will introduce a new area to try and split the players that are in this area into 2. I would ask you to consider asking NCKorea to split it into 3 spots if possible and, in addiction, split into 2 areas the farming places from 85-99 too. The idea in my request is to make sure there's no overcrowded places like there is at the moment. The new update will bring some new changes in classes that might mean some rerolls meaning you might see a bunch of ppl starting new toons for farming purpose. If you add that the need for mentee coins (not as much as before, but the need still there) if there's no additional measures the lag issue might persist and a good opportunity to end it will be missed.

Sorry for the long post

• Like 1

It's sad, 106 Evis could solo SV before insane lag now with insane lag can't solo EV/IT Crater, can do EV/Phantasmil at 1/2 the exp of SV/IT Crater.  So I literally haven't been able to level my main for last 2 months due to lag otherwise I'm spending same amount of SS for 1/2 the exp.  So I've been doing mentee's and rerolling dual, but seriously I would like to get back to leveling my MAIN PLEASE!!!  Can we SERIOUSLY FIX THE DAMN LAG!  Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec/Jan/Feb/Mar NOW INTO APRIL..  We are literally going on 9 MONTHS of lag???  I would love to be able to catch up some in levels and do higher level things but since I'm stuck at 106 due to sever lag its insane...

PS I may not have a degree in PR or professional experience, but when NCSoft wants to figure out how to make players happy and make more money.. PM me I'll work for NC Coin and increase your profit and community popularity!  Until then same old NC Shaft!

Edited by OrcD3viler
  • Like 3

@Hime @Juji you have to much fake Mentees on sever for enchant scroll Veteran’s Mask and Atlas Earring. Take a look in blazing swamp.  For Atlas Earring +12 you get 12 new “players” on server.

Give them for free or remove it from server and you will see the problem of lag is reduced

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Have you tested the mail system ? Enormous amount of mails are being send back and forth for people to transfer gear and i have observed that sometimes the game itself not lag  but the mail system lag and takes time to open and forward.

@Juji @Hime If your company wants to make money you must take some measures to increase cashflow. When things go bad you don't cut off resources but instead you increase resources and at these times that whole world is in quarantine you should do a couple of things to increase your companies cashflow....If I was ncsoft I would do at least these 3 things....1. Sell Vitality Runes for 1 week (~10$) and 1 month (~30$) 2. Make Big discounts to existing exp runes and items in L2store more often for a specific amount of items (for example 100 packs of 200% rune 50-70% off - this aggregator would work) 3. Instead of discussing for 1-2 months how to fix latency problems open a new server now is the time to make it as I said earlier many players joined cause of quarantine even a new server will be full.... 
What I mention here is your advertising teams work which seems to keep failing ....Sorry to speak like that but this is the case you either accept it and become better as a team or you keep getting worse and getting more customers to don't like your services and join other official L2 servers.

Edited by SteveG20

@Juji

It's terrible how ncsoft has kicked away any possibility for melee characters from 6 months to now, as long as for support characters. And what we will get? An angel cat in wh or the same apologize content that will yull and feoh have w/o having any issue in this time. It's pathetic how you are trying to kick melee chars away from servers just before the patch that will give them something to do.

Prestige wasted, rune wasted, exp event wasted, attendance event wasted. Why a main melee char owner should have any hope in your work?

11 hours ago, Hime said:
  • Latency reducing measures are still temporarily implemented until the latency delay issue is resolved.

Because you looking idea for where this lag come, i give you some idea what you guys should test, but my ideas will send it on private message :) to you @Hime Give Like to this post after you read it :)