Hi,

I just wanted to start a thread where people can share Brooch Gem Attempts:

Sapphire:

lvl 1s - 831

lvl 2s - 397

lvl 3s - 120

lvl 4s - 18

lvl 5s - 0

Curious if I had bad luck or the odds are just that poor. I have a feeling others have similar rates.

From my personnal experience, 4->5 is roughly 5% so i think "bad luck" if we can call it like that.. So odds are poor, and you weren't lucky either :(

Edit ; wont help much because i dont have exact numbers, but i gave a try on topaz (~300-350 lv1), and miserably failed (total attempt from lv4 to lv5 were 5 or 6 i think)

Last year I failed getting ruby5 from 350 boxes, i got 10 lvl 4 including my previous.

And I felt very lucky for the all jewel lvl4 that I got, even some vital stones lvl4 and garnet  lvl4, (some people said that trying/failing with other gems increases your probability.) I remember I took my westy dog out for a walk, and after a while (still in dion), it was a matter of failing and failing (even trying making jewels lvl 3).

Seems the rate of composing varies in time and place.

I never tried this scam again, I think it's best to get to lvl4 and then stop, or if you want to be brave, just collect 3 or 4 jewels level 4, but not 18 (thats crazy), a great waste, 75b in my case just to get garnet lvl4(crappy), vital stone lvl4 and the same ruby lvl4 that I had. (-_-).

7 hours ago, weinerthezon said:

Hi,

Sapphire:

lvl 1s - 831

lvl 2s - 397

lvl 3s - 120

lvl 4s - 18

lvl 5s - 0

Curious if I had bad luck or the odds are just that poor. I have a feeling others have similar rates.

You had incredible luck until you went 3--> 4 and 4 --> 5. For example on lv 1 -2 you have near a 90% success rate? Is it a typo?

4 to 5 is roughly 10%

3-4 is roughly 25%

Actually, 120 lvl3s means from 60 to 119 attempts.

He succeeded on 18 so 36 lvl3s are gone, 120 - 36 = 84 jewels assuming he doesn't have any lvl3 left he had 84 fails.

18 + 84 = 102 attempts, that means ~17,64 success rate.

Opal - 4x lvl 4 from 241 boxes. 1st attempt at combine succeded - the other failed.

Garnet - 4x lvl 4 from 480 boxes - failed combine.

Tanz - 2x lvl 4 from 300 boxes - failed combine.

The opal saved the event for me. Combine rate up to stage 3 seemed unusually high this time around 65-75%. Then a massive drop off to around 10-15% 3->4.

I have the same impression that combining rates vary based on time/day. I also believe it is jewel based as some jewels (the big ones like sapphire, opal, ruby), actually have worst compound rates that the small ones (vita, aqua, pearl, etc..). I also believe the rates to be much lower this time around than in the previous event. I don't see the point in having a big expensive brooch, if all your jewels are crap. So if they wanted to boost jewels sales they should not have tampered with the combining rates. Again this might be all conspiracy theories from my end.

Very very lucky from 1>2. i expect a typo (had more to begin with?)

2>3 About what you would expect, with rate being around ~30%.

3>4 Seems to be accurate, as rate is around ~12-15% mark.

4>5 Typical, as success rate is around 5-6-7-8% mark.

Know 5 people this event that failed between ~20-40 lv. 4>5 of various gem, not a single lv. 5 between those 5 people btw.

On 27/5/2018 at 10:53 PM, weinerthezon said:

Hi,

Sapphire:

lvl 1s - 831

lvl 2s - 397

lvl 3s - 120

lvl 4s - 18

lvl 5s - 0

831 jewels to get a lvl4 saphire...... good job dude.....

As long as they are people that buy that amount of event items with these prices game will never get alive and competitive!!!!

If i remember well i got my sapphire lvl4 with 40 boxes.

So i think you found a good way to throw your money!!!

On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 11:19 PM, Truffle said:

You had incredible luck until you went 3--> 4 and 4 --> 5. For example on lv 1 -2 you have near a 90% success rate? Is it a typo?

4 to 5 is roughly 10%

3-4 is roughly 25%

Well, I got a little lazy tracking it since I did it at about 4am my time lol. I took a guess for the 2-3 and 3-4 numbers. But at the end of the day 831 made 18 lvl 4s and all lvl 4s failed.

5 hours ago, Volotron said:

831 jewels to get a lvl4 saphire...... good job dude.....

As long as they are people that buy that amount of event items with these prices game will never get alive and competitive!!!!

If i remember well i got my sapphire lvl4 with 40 boxes.

So i think you found a good way to throw your money!!!

You fail 100% of the attempts you don't try.

I would definitely agree with how poor NCSoft is again running an event.  After 7 tries going for a Lvl 4 jewel (3 opals, 2 diamonds, 2 saphires), I have zero success.   It appears that they really lowered the success rate (getting to level 3 is at least twice as difficult as before.   If NCSoft's goal is to strongly discourage players from playing, they are succeeding!

After playing this game on and off again for over 14 years - i'm seriously thinking about another long break after this event.   Good job NCSoft on sticking to the players again.  Great game, but NCSoft really blows.

Archived