Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Not sure why I downloaded and started playing but it happened and now im lv99 in blazing swamps in an afk parting legally botting. Ive sorta been digging this game as an idler and I feel like theres probably a lot of stuff to do when im not auto farming since this games incredibly old.  Granted its aged well imo...

So anyway ive seen a few threads and bits of info about what L2 is like after I clear out this blazing swamps area....and that its more or less game over for a new player or someone who isn't going to spend $200 a month on the cash shop....I find this hard to believe....

 

I just wanted to see in 2020 if this holds up, am I going to be unable to solo farm, unable to get groups due to low gear ect moving past 105?

 

Tbh ive never even seen anything other than gold actually drop in this game since I started a few days ago, and ive tried farming a few of the non questline areas just to see what it was like (slow kills lower level mobs nothing of value)...how the hell do I even get gear in this game?  OFC its concerning that a new player hasn't even cast a single skill on their own, I get my toolset though its sort of obvious and I set my macro up beyond auto attack.

 

Anyway just looking to see if there really is this wall at 105 that ends the game for most.  Also wanted to see if there is anywhere I can auto farm where I might occasionally see a gear drop or something drop....never seen an RPG without gear drops....

 

Not sure im willing to get into multi boxing and rolling an army of lv 105 characters either.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Frustrated    2
Posted (edited)

I am playing this game on and off since 2005 and I enjoyed playing every minute of it until Interlude, after that it has been less and less fun for me because they have been adding more and more items to the game (shirts, brooches,  belts, talismans, cloaks etc) that will make your char stronger which you need to buy (and those items are mostly expensive) to be able to compete with many other players but also because of many of the other changes to the game.

 

I don't believe the game ends at 105 but it will be tough because without good gear it will be harder to farm and without good gear you are not welcome in parties. Good gear is expensive and I don't see how any new player could afford to buy it without spending real money on the game. If you don't spend at least several hundred $$$ on the game you won't reach far and you shouldn't try to PVP because the well geared guys will one shot you to death.

 

But even if you do spend much cash on this game it is hard to enjoy because the game is never balanced, you can't really play whatever class you like, in every update they buff some classe and nerf others so if you want to play Othell now you won't be dealing as much dmg as a Feoh or Yul.  There is so many bots everywhere and many mentee chars which people are making just to power level to 104,99 and sell mentee for adena, because of bots and mentee chars we have login queue and lag. I have seen other people complain about drops too, you as a new player shouldn't expect any good drop anyway, the top players on the server are getting the good drop and getting a lot of adena (up to 20b per day according to some other forums posts) but you will stay poor unless you spend $$$ on the game. How fun is it to take part in castle sieges when you have zero chance against the well geared guys. There was a Russian guy soloing RBs in 5 min three years ago when I played, we were many people in several parties attacking a RB and he would just come and steal it from us, how fun is that when there is someone overpowered? How fun is it when there is few places for farm and in those few places there is full of bots, go to Blazing Swamp and you can't find a single spot where nobody is already attacking mobs.

 

This game was so much more enjoyable 15 years ago, there was parties all the time, not as much bots and not so much afk farming, people actually spent time playing the game, you didn't have to dualbox, you could create a buffer or healer as your main and play only that, buffing and healing other people in a party while they were dealing dmg and you were getting exp. It was fun collecting mats from early lvl and bringing to someone in your clan who had a crafter so they would craft something to you for free or a small fee, it was fun playing as a Bounty Hunter and gathering mats from mobs. Back then it was not just about constant farming and striving to have the best gear, people were hanging out in game, doing things together, having fun without spending money on the game apart from the subscription. It's just hard for me to enjoy the game when they have changed it so much, for the worse :/.

Edited by Frustrated

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the reply.  I can understand the game is sort of in a strange spot, given ive been legally botting for a few days now....

 

My question for you, is it impossible to obtain gear through playing the game?  Everyone tells me I must pay, pay, pay for gear....how do the people im buying the gear from get it?

 

Im not 100% against a few bucks to enchant the gear ect, granted I can only imagine the money pit that will become, so maybe id hold off on that.  I don't see any options to really pay to do much to be frank, the cash shop is really lacking on info tbh...which again is odd....I mean I cant even preview cosmetics? WTF is that?

 

I feel like with a couple bits of change this game would be a solid idler game, with active stuff to do when not farming.  My only real issue with this game is not a single piece of gear drops, no item drops, farming is xp/gold only it seems, and that is a strange concept for me.  Even if drops were rare knowing I could maybe get a solid bow upgrade...or anything would really make this game so much more interesting.

 

I wonder why they don't open up the farming areas...it seems half the server is following the quest chain through the dark elf areas, cumulating in the mosh pit of legal botting that is currently blazing swamps....maybe offer a few more areas? repurpose some of those lower lv areas that you level past in one mob kill to 95-110?  Toss in a few rare mobs....toss in some gear and items, just to keep it interesting.

 

Game definitely feels like the developers have lost their way, and don't know what to do with a game that somehow is packed and making them money still..  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sesh2    15
22 hours ago, crunchyblack21 said:

Not sure why I downloaded and started playing but it happened and now im lv99 in blazing swamps in an afk parting legally botting. Ive sorta been digging this game as an idler and I feel like theres probably a lot of stuff to do when im not auto farming since this games incredibly old.  Granted its aged well imo...

So anyway ive seen a few threads and bits of info about what L2 is like after I clear out this blazing swamps area....and that its more or less game over for a new player or someone who isn't going to spend $200 a month on the cash shop....I find this hard to believe....

 

I just wanted to see in 2020 if this holds up, am I going to be unable to solo farm, unable to get groups due to low gear ect moving past 105?

 

Tbh ive never even seen anything other than gold actually drop in this game since I started a few days ago, and ive tried farming a few of the non questline areas just to see what it was like (slow kills lower level mobs nothing of value)...how the hell do I even get gear in this game?  OFC its concerning that a new player hasn't even cast a single skill on their own, I get my toolset though its sort of obvious and I set my macro up beyond auto attack.

 

Anyway just looking to see if there really is this wall at 105 that ends the game for most.  Also wanted to see if there is anywhere I can auto farm where I might occasionally see a gear drop or something drop....never seen an RPG without gear drops....

 

Not sure im willing to get into multi boxing and rolling an army of lv 105 characters either.

 

 

you wont be able to solo farm and no cp will let you join with exalted only gear...and you will get kicked from 105 instance pt with your welfare gear

you wont be able to efficiently farm gear/weap drops either, and you will barely make enough to keep your spirit shots/soul shots going

yes there is a paywall and it actually starts before 105, unless you don't mind grinding blazing swamp and doing coal mines once a day until you reach 105 lol

even if you did multibox you wont be able to gear up each box, especially since you cant even gear 1 box without spending some real $

the servers aren't packed, its just all the no-life pay2play kidz who log in multiple accounts to get mentee marks

your best option is to find a new game....but if you plan on sticking around and not spending real $ to play, be patient and prepared to waste a lot of real life time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mystikal    66

No question, this game is tough for everyone, but especially brutal on anyone that expects to pay $0.00 and still have decent gear when they reach 105.

Before "free to play" we had to pay a monthly fee to play L2. Conveniently, everyone forgets that. Over the course of a year under the old system we paid approx $180 a year. What I did was repurpose those funds for Ncoin purchases during the top adena making events. I don't participate in every event. I don't buy Ncoin every month, either. The event items that you buy during those events you can sell for a premium after the event ends and have a source of income to play the market. With some luck, but more savvy moves you can earn the billions necessary to equip your character(s)--  eventually.

It's not all doom and gloom, but you have to be smart about it. And you have to approach the game like a marathon, not a sprint. And yeah, sometimes people who race in marathons end up crawling to the finish. But they finish.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Djos    18
Posted (edited)

 

35 minutes ago, Mystikal said:

No question, this game is tough for everyone, but especially brutal on anyone that expects to pay $0.00 and still have decent gear when they reach 105.

Before "free to play" we had to pay a monthly fee to play L2. Conveniently, everyone forgets that. Over the course of a year under the old system we paid approx $180 a year. What I did was repurpose those funds for Ncoin purchases during the top adena making events. I don't participate in every event. I don't buy Ncoin every month, either. The event items that you buy during those events you can sell for a premium after the event ends and have a source of income to play the market. With some luck, but more savvy moves you can earn the billions necessary to equip your character(s)--  eventually.

It's not all doom and gloom, but you have to be smart about it. And you have to approach the game like a marathon, not a sprint. And yeah, sometimes people who race in marathons end up crawling to the finish. But they finish.

While this is totally true, you still can advance by doing this and somehow "finish the race", i think it eludes two issues :

1/ L2 store is the only/major way to earn IG adena/items today when you're under 107 which is pretty problematic

2/ Your comparison is mostly true for a long time player who already have some stuff : I'm not sure that a new player spending 180$ per year will get very far...🤔

 

Edited by Djos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sesh2    15
38 minutes ago, Mystikal said:

No question, this game is tough for everyone, but especially brutal on anyone that expects to pay $0.00 and still have decent gear when they reach 105.

Before "free to play" we had to pay a monthly fee to play L2. Conveniently, everyone forgets that. Over the course of a year under the old system we paid approx $180 a year. What I did was repurpose those funds for Ncoin purchases during the top adena making events. I don't participate in every event. I don't buy Ncoin every month, either. The event items that you buy during those events you can sell for a premium after the event ends and have a source of income to play the market. With some luck, but more savvy moves you can earn the billions necessary to equip your character(s)--  eventually.

It's not all doom and gloom, but you have to be smart about it. And you have to approach the game like a marathon, not a sprint. And yeah, sometimes people who race in marathons end up crawling to the finish. But they finish.

so you pay real $ to watch your macro kill monsters? doesn't sounds fun at all

no1 ever finishes the race here...the heavy spenders will always be years ahead of you, leaving most of the pay2play kidz in pve game

if you don't spend $ you will never pvp, you will just watch your macro play the game for you....boring and waste of $ imo

a kid who starts today, could get to lvl 105 spend some real $ and be better than a free2play player who was grinding for years before that kid even downloaded the game....lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

not sure how this warped into a free to play only find another game without paying thread.

Also this isn't my first pay to win rodeo...im familiar with a lot of people thinking you need to be some millionaire who can afford $15-$20 a month (aka gainfully employed) for a game...and a lot of people who maybe never work and don't have access to money tend to over react to spending money....

Ive seen quite a few games with a big wallet warrior mechanic, though im not looking to be ranked, or number 1 or even number 50 for that matter....just to be able to play with others is fine.

 

I typically find that the cost to entry of just playing is a lot lower than the people who chase others away with p2w stories of unplayable game without 1000/day investments ect.

 

So seriously, from a normal gamer perspective, what are we looking at here to get on a normal footing? I don't mind a small monthly price baked in, but I find it hard to believe I need to spend over $100 a month just to play, there wouldn't be all these people playing if that was the case.

 

Really my only concern is...why doesn't gear ever drop? where do you even gear up...there has GOT to be enough people without high cost RMT gear to get a party and do that content...just looking for level headed discussion about the games reality is all...and again...I am NOT looking to be pvp competitive, or PVE famous.

Edited by crunchyblack21

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sesh2    15
37 minutes ago, crunchyblack21 said:

not sure how this warped into a free to play only find another game without paying thread.

Also this isn't my first pay to win rodeo...im familiar with a lot of people thinking you need to be some millionaire who can afford $15-$20 a month (aka gainfully employed) for a game...and a lot of people who maybe never work and don't have access to money tend to over react to spending money....

Ive seen quite a few games with a big wallet warrior mechanic, though im not looking to be ranked, or number 1 or even number 50 for that matter....just to be able to play with others is fine.

 

I typically find that the cost to entry of just playing is a lot lower than the people who chase others away with p2w stories of unplayable game without 1000/day investments ect.

 

So seriously, from a normal gamer perspective, what are we looking at here to get on a normal footing? I don't mind a small monthly price baked in, but I find it hard to believe I need to spend over $100 a month just to play, there wouldn't be all these people playing if that was the case.

 

Really my only concern is...why doesn't gear ever drop? where do you even gear up...there has GOT to be enough people without high cost RMT gear to get a party and do that content...just looking for level headed discussion about the games reality is all...and again...I am NOT looking to be pvp competitive, or PVE famous.

just trying to save you some time, kid....thank me later

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

considering im an adult and just looking for level headed discussion about the game, maybe this isn't the right thread for you to respond to.  Telling people to avoid the game you need to spend money is well...kid talk...I mean I bet you work for free all the time so maybe im in the wrong here.

anyway

I don't mind spending a few bucks and that seems to be the only thing people read out of a rather large paragraph with other questions...I get it...spend some cash...ok...next question...

 

but thank you everyone else for level headed responses.  im just gonna treat the game as a fancy idler for now and see where it goes while I have the work from home time.

Edited by crunchyblack21

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hyperlite    58

You are correct in that there is a ton of stuff to do after 105. People in this thread are also correct in stating money is required to play.

What you need to decide is what you want out of this game.

For normal Pve, if u don't care about speed and fighting other players, you can probably get by with 50ish usd a month. Prestige, epic boss jewel 30 day pack, xp rune pack is right around 50-75 or so. Add in random other purchases, and Yea I'll be average pay 2 play player spends 100 a month.

If you want to pvp actively, this is a huge loaded question too. Olympiad and CoC, where insane gear is absolutely needed to win (but not compete and have fun). Not everyone has 40 grand in their characters, but a handful of people do. Then there is siege and raid pvp. To be a factor in those, you'll probably need to drop some money into the game in the land of 200-1000, how much depends on your own needs/wants.

People who say u can't do anything in exalted gear are just being elitists. There are plenty of low/mid geared 105-107s running around.

My advice, try the game out and put minimal money in at 1st. Buy the 30 day destiny pack for xp runes, the boss jewel pack, and toss prestige on for a month and give it 30 days.

To your comment about drops. Full drops come from raiding or crafting. You get drops to craft when u hunt monsters. You also get Aden treasure chests. That's where drops come from. Mostly u craft or buy on market from top clans who farm raids.

At the end of the day, the game is a ton of fun. All us old school players are still here. Some spend more than others. If you find a good clan of friendly people it can make life more fun. 

Also, I didn't read your class, but the snobbiness about gear is mainly for dd's. +12 bloody r99 is kind of the norm for what the game is geared towards. If youre a healer or iss, you'll get taken regardless of gear for most pve things.

Dont mind the trolls, they're heavy here.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MalumInSe    47
Posted (edited)

It's not game over if you reach 105 with only Exalted equipment. If you've been following this forum for a long time, then you must have also come across at least one post or more where ppl said loudly that Lineage 2 developers never meant for gamers to solo with same level gear the minute their character reached the appropriate level. They also never meant for players to be able solo White, Yellow, or Pink mobs with average equipment. At 105 Exalted amounts to average.

We know what was intended -- group hunting. Whether that be in a clan or in ad hoc pick-up groups, L2 was designed to encourage team building. Want to open up the content that occurs at 105 and above? Start there.  Ignore the clans that won't let you in because of your equipment. Find other people who are also struggling to build their characters. If all of the complaints that I hear both here on this forum and in game are true, there are much more of you guys than there are of stacked characters. Join forces and be up to the task of putting in the hard effort to build something that works for you. It may be hard to earn billions of adena in the early going, but it is not hard to level up with a group until you get to the higher level mobs that drop hundreds of thousands of adena per kill. 

I can't say if this game is right for you or for anyone to play. I can say if you want to test your metal against impossible odds, L2 provides that challenge in multiple ways. The choice is yours. You can take the blue pill like @Sesh2 says and don't bother playing. Or you can accept the challenge, take the red pill and see how deep the rabbit hole goes. 

Whatever you decide, I wish you the best of luck. 

Edited by MalumInSe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sesh2    15
3 hours ago, Hyperlite said:

You are correct in that there is a ton of stuff to do after 105. People in this thread are also correct in stating money is required to play.

What you need to decide is what you want out of this game.

For normal Pve, if u don't care about speed and fighting other players, you can probably get by with 50ish usd a month. Prestige, epic boss jewel 30 day pack, xp rune pack is right around 50-75 or so. Add in random other purchases, and Yea I'll be average pay 2 play player spends 100 a month.

If you want to pvp actively, this is a huge loaded question too. Olympiad and CoC, where insane gear is absolutely needed to win (but not compete and have fun). Not everyone has 40 grand in their characters, but a handful of people do. Then there is siege and raid pvp. To be a factor in those, you'll probably need to drop some money into the game in the land of 200-1000, how much depends on your own needs/wants.

People who say u can't do anything in exalted gear are just being elitists. There are plenty of low/mid geared 105-107s running around.

My advice, try the game out and put minimal money in at 1st. Buy the 30 day destiny pack for xp runes, the boss jewel pack, and toss prestige on for a month and give it 30 days.

To your comment about drops. Full drops come from raiding or crafting. You get drops to craft when u hunt monsters. You also get Aden treasure chests. That's where drops come from. Mostly u craft or buy on market from top clans who farm raids.

At the end of the day, the game is a ton of fun. All us old school players are still here. Some spend more than others. If you find a good clan of friendly people it can make life more fun. 

Also, I didn't read your class, but the snobbiness about gear is mainly for dd's. +12 bloody r99 is kind of the norm for what the game is geared towards. If youre a healer or iss, you'll get taken regardless of gear for most pve things.

Dont mind the trolls, they're heavy here.

 

actually you are wrong...there really isn't much to do after 105 or before

unless you like running 3 instances everyday.....the same instances the players ran for years before they were updated to higher level lol

its fun doing a quest to kill 40k monsters 3 times in a row? let me know how many soulshots/spiritshots you have left after you finish #3 lol

at the end of the day, the game plays itself for you with a macro....most of the old-school players left a long time ago

so if you think you will enjoy spending $ and massive amounts of your life to kill monsters, have fun

if you want to spend thousands of $ to pvp and siege....good game, but you already lost b4 it started

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Djos    18
On 12/04/2020 at 7:07 PM, crunchyblack21 said:

...what L2 is like after I clear out this blazing swamps area....

...am I going to be unable to solo farm, unable to get groups due to low gear ect moving past 105?

You are propably stuck in Blazing Swamp until exalted quest #2 or #3. After you find a new zone, probably Enchanted Valley or Beleth and repeat.

You'll be able to solo and find some party to some extent, may be easier with a clan tough.

On 12/04/2020 at 7:07 PM, crunchyblack21 said:

...Tbh ive never even seen anything other than gold actually drop in this game since I started a few days ago, and ive tried farming a few of the non questline areas just to see what it was like (slow kills lower level mobs nothing of value)...how the hell do I even get gear in this game? ...

...Anyway just looking to see if there really is this wall at 105 that ends the game for most.  

 

 

 

You get some new kind of "universal" material as droprate after BS but looking at the ether droprate it will takes a loooonng while before being able to attempt a craft.

For the gear part aside of crafting, which is well "complicated", i  would love to know too 🤣

Basically You can continue after 105, no problem, but from what I see I just don't understand how a new/returning char is supposed to gear with today game mechanics (aside of trading ncoin and buying stuff from AH, I mean to create/drop new stuff)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hyperlite    58
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Sesh2 said:

actually you are wrong...there really isn't much to do after 105 or before

unless you like running 3 instances everyday.....the same instances the players ran for years before they were updated to higher level lol

its fun doing a quest to kill 40k monsters 3 times in a row? let me know how many soulshots/spiritshots you have left after you finish #3 lol

at the end of the day, the game plays itself for you with a macro....most of the old-school players left a long time ago

so if you think you will enjoy spending $ and massive amounts of your life to kill monsters, have fun

if you want to spend thousands of $ to pvp and siege....good game, but you already lost b4 it started

ive played since prelude. there has never been any quests that gave anything meaningful aside from black papyrus back form ToI and a few other random things.

after 105, what is there of the game (siege, pvp, group play, raid, instances, social aspects pf meeting people go up, join a clan, find a constant party, xp in a non lag infested hell hole called blazaing swamp, etc) all exist after 105.

just because u arent happy with where the game has ended up today doesnt mean its a bad game. it means you probably need to look for a new game as opposed to staying, playing and posting on forums a bunch of negative crap.

being an old school player myself, there are quite a few coming back due to the failed thing called classic. the queue's on naia are not just due to mentees. 

as always, there are doom and gloom ppl here. you clearly are one of them by reading your posts. hopefully you have a nice day.

 

 

 

edit: also to the OP, please remember. u dont "need" all of the elite top end items. plenty of people survive and enjoy the game without them. the question will always come down to are you happy with what you can currently do. ncoin to adena is a legal and easy way to gear your char.  you may have a 50 dollar start up or a 500/1000 dollar start up.  all depends on your personal tastes and wants.

at the end fo the day, toss 50-100 into it for 30 days and re-assess after those 30 days. people here crying have been crying here for years upon years and theyre still here playing. take that for whatever you want it to be worth OP.

Edited by Hyperlite
typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sesh2    15
4 minutes ago, Hyperlite said:

ive played since prelude. there has never been any quests that gave anything meaningful aside from black papyrus back form ToI and a few other random things.

after 105, what is there of the game (siege, pvp, group play, raid, instances, social aspects pf meeting people go up, join a clan, find a constant party, xp in a non lag infested hell hole called blazaing swamp, etc) all exist after 105.

just because u arent happy with where the game has ended up today doesnt mean its a bad game. it means you probably need to look for a new game as opposed to staying, playing and posting on forums a bunch of negative crap.

being an old school player myself, there are quite a few coming back due to the failed thing called classic. the queue's on naia are not just due to mentees. 

as always, there are doom and gloom ppl here. you clearly are one of them by reading your posts. hopefully you have a nice day.

its a new-player-starting thread....not sure why you mention siege, pvp, raids, instances or anything like that

this new kid will spent 2 weeks trying to graduate as a mentee, unless he/she gets plvl'd

then the kid will spend his life watching a macro play for him, since there are no live groups

no1 will take him in a pve instance unless he pays for a +12 weapon, so don't even talk about pvp

its called being realistic, not doom and gloom...some of y'all kidz need a slap back to reality

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hyperlite    58
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Sesh2 said:

its a new-player-starting thread....not sure why you mention siege, pvp, raids, instances or anything like that

this new kid will spent 2 weeks trying to graduate as a mentee, unless he/she gets plvl'd

then the kid will spend his life watching a macro play for him, since there are no live groups

no1 will take him in a pve instance unless he pays for a +12 weapon, so don't even talk about pvp

its called being realistic, not doom and gloom...some of y'all kidz need a slap back to reality

2 months ago i was 105/103 before i came back.  today im 110/105 and purely bought vit packs and im almost top 50 on naia. its not impossible, he has to understand what he wants.

i dont necessarily disagree with your points , they just dont apply to everyone. and the elitist attitude happens from elitists, not 6-7 randoms trying to do altar of shillen or something. they fill their parties and try, and sometimes fail.

we can agree to disagree. coming back and seeing more peple i used to know in game coming back as well its a positive thing in my opinion. you think the game is too far gone for a new player, thats fine too.  we both passed our opinions on to the new guy and he can decide himself.

for all you know, 1-2k startup cost could be in his budget and you may have a new elite geared player to have on the server. worst case is he tries it and quits which does nothing aside from adding 1 more person and maybe their friends to the server to try it out. you can be a realist without making the game looking completely offsetting. we need new players, especially players willing to spend a little in the cash shop to keep the servers up.

Edited by Hyperlite

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hyperlite    58
Posted (edited)

also to OP: 100 bucks = 8k NCoin = about 19bil adena. rates on naia is 1 ncoin = 2.3mil adena

take 2k ncoin, buy epic accessory pack. buy destiny pack for 2400 ncoin. thats 30 days worth of stuff. take about 100-200 of that ncoin and buy mysterious shots from store. take rest and try to sell stronghold 1 passes for adena and buy a +8 r95 leather set (assuming u a dd, that gives 10% skill refresh) and you can do just about anything until 107/108 for 100ish bucks and your upgraded exalted weapon.

do you wanna go olympiad or CoC? rare accessory pack doesnt work there, so you will need to farm/invest to do those 2 things.

want another upgrade?, spend another 100 bucks, get 19bil, and buy a ++r99 bloody weapon

now you're ready to basically play the game with a recurring 50-100 buck cost monthly and can do most anything with people.

you can always spend more, just ask players whats best bang for your buck with your current gear before making a large purchase. that most likely will be a pve cap and circlet upgrade, which are p2w items. not "needed" for low lvls, but theyre huge increases especially at the fully upgraded ones. but you do you.  hope you enjoy the game.

Edited by Hyperlite

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shimeji    11
Posted (edited)

This game had very elaborated and interesting quests to do, from job transfers to many quest series.

But you complained.

The exalted quests series involved different activities.

But you complained.

So they followed the trend of complaining, lazy, ultra casual mobile game players and just put a non sense quest of killing a huge amount of mobs where you can do it on auto mode.
Congratulations generation Z

The few real players that start playing see that once they reach level 100 their paulina gear is crap and cant kill anything on 100+ zones and quit. Cause thats all there is on this game right now: kill the same mobs until ur disgusted and bored to hell with rewards that were significant years ago on the game and are useless now.

Edited by Shimeji

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So yeah the appeal for me is the idler style gameplay, im stuck working from home and most idler games are predictable and shallow.  At least theres some sociability with long standing parties, some pvp to spice things up (me looking over and seeing the party is all dead I guess is pvp?)  So yeah flawed game for sure but still fun.

Thank you everyone who gave some details into my questions.

Just to keep what I feel is a VERY useful discussion going, as its impossible to find this info elsewhere....

 

I want to get into this "must spend $50-$100 a month" info a bit more.  I see things listed as must have like XP scrolls...don't care ill keep the game on over night and im not going to reach max level...right?  So cut that off my required monthly spending.  Some of the math behind the dollar amounts given seem to be me going from zero to hero in one purchase...again don't need that, I don't need max weapon ect.  Just enough to maybe do the autofarming in an area I can get drops if possible is the goal really.

 

Don't quite understand this 30 day jewel pack I need either, by default I don't rent items in game...I just wont do it, if im paying for pixels im keeping them or not spending.

 

Realistically, if im getting this...I need to spend money to upgrade my free gear to a point where I can get in game gear then I need to upgrade that...right?  So is it impossible, not hyperbole or make believe because you hate the game ect, is it impossible to get a group of 105 people with default gear and actually go get some good gear?   Again I don't mind tossing the devs a few bucks for the game, I have leftover ncoin from some ancient purchase I never used anyway ect.

 

All im trying to do here is cut through the BS behind the pay2win...yeah its pay2win and im sure I could spend $10k a day and still be fighting a gm on an account meant to spur wallet warriors to spend....but I don't care about all that, I just want normal gameplay.

So if im looking at maybe upgrading one set or just the basic enchants to a acceptable level...it cant possibly be $50 a month,  looking at the cash shop maybe a normal subscription fee amount seems enough to slowly progress me...anyone disagree with that?  Really I just need to get a weapon drop in game and spend a bit enchanting that and with that I can get my armor ect by playing right?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hyperlite    58
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, crunchyblack21 said:

So yeah the appeal for me is the idler style gameplay, im stuck working from home and most idler games are predictable and shallow.  At least theres some sociability with long standing parties, some pvp to spice things up (me looking over and seeing the party is all dead I guess is pvp?)  So yeah flawed game for sure but still fun.

Thank you everyone who gave some details into my questions.

Just to keep what I feel is a VERY useful discussion going, as its impossible to find this info elsewhere....

 

I want to get into this "must spend $50-$100 a month" info a bit more.  I see things listed as must have like XP scrolls...don't care ill keep the game on over night and im not going to reach max level...right?  So cut that off my required monthly spending.  Some of the math behind the dollar amounts given seem to be me going from zero to hero in one purchase...again don't need that, I don't need max weapon ect.  Just enough to maybe do the autofarming in an area I can get drops if possible is the goal really.

 

Don't quite understand this 30 day jewel pack I need either, by default I don't rent items in game...I just wont do it, if im paying for pixels im keeping them or not spending.

 

Realistically, if im getting this...I need to spend money to upgrade my free gear to a point where I can get in game gear then I need to upgrade that...right?  So is it impossible, not hyperbole or make believe because you hate the game ect, is it impossible to get a group of 105 people with default gear and actually go get some good gear?   Again I don't mind tossing the devs a few bucks for the game, I have leftover ncoin from some ancient purchase I never used anyway ect.

 

All im trying to do here is cut through the BS behind the pay2win...yeah its pay2win and im sure I could spend $10k a day and still be fighting a gm on an account meant to spur wallet warriors to spend....but I don't care about all that, I just want normal gameplay.

So if im looking at maybe upgrading one set or just the basic enchants to a acceptable level...it cant possibly be $50 a month,  looking at the cash shop maybe a normal subscription fee amount seems enough to slowly progress me...anyone disagree with that?  Really I just need to get a weapon drop in game and spend a bit enchanting that and with that I can get my armor ect by playing right?

to get into the 50-100 a month and the packs i referenced, you need to understand gear in L2 a little better:

that rare accessory pack costs 25 bucks a  month. It contains Blessed Valakas Necklace, Lindvior Earring, Blessed Antharas Earring, Tauti Ring, Earth Wyrm Ring and a CoC belt.  To put those into perspective, B Vala is 65 Bil to buy on market, Lindvior is also 65 bil, Blessed Anthy is around 30-40 bil, Tauti and Earth Wyrm are about 10 bil each, CoC belt is about 40-50 bil.  Putting that into cash value at the NCoin rate, youre approaching well over a grand.  This is why I mentioned the rare acc pack.

Why are they so expensive you might ask?  Simple answer: supply and demand, plus 1-2 clans farm all the epic world bosses and control those epic jewels.  They also get crushed to make god jewels.  they also cant be obtained every single day because world bosses are on a cooldown. I can go into the history about how these items evolved but it doesnt really matter.  The game is balanced to players having some type of epic accessories now, and thewyre always been extremely rare and limited.  This is an extremely cheap upgrade and why many consider it part of their monthly expense.  I recommend logging in and looking at the auction house and reading the item descriptions of what i just listed. They are pretty game changing for your character in their stats/bonuses compared to not having them.

Do you need them? maybe, maybe not. depends on what YOU want to do.

You can afk solo mobs and have little to no social interaction by spending nothing.  If you want some social aspect, or to get a change of scenery in game and see stuff, you'll probably need to spend a little bit unless you dont mind xp'ing blazing swamp for months on end.

 

Regarding upgrading gear. you don't exactly upgrade the same weapon over and over like other games.  You can upgrade R99 and R110 to Bloody/Dark and you can upgrade your R99 to R110, but its extremely expensive. People upgrade gear by crafting and enchanting.  You craft by farming the mats in areas after 105. a +12 Bloody R99 weapon with mid SA's will be the same wep you use until you quit if you want it to be and its around 20-30bil depending on weapon type.  You can also go the tauti weapon route, shadow weapon route, theres a handful of options all at different price points. you can also stick with the exalted wep and see how it goes, but the exalted wep is pretty bad.

Enchanting gear is the way you can upgrade, but you can break your item and have nothing as well. I'd suggest reading about enchanting before doing it.  When armor sets get +8/9/10 they get additional set bonuses.  For example, earlier i mentioned +8 r95 leather set gives 10% skill refresh.  That set costs around 6-8 bil.

 

If you dont care about xp speed, drop the destiny pack and prestige.  However, there are drop rate increase runes in there too, so keep that in mind since drops are important to you. Prestige rune is pretty good on the bonus it gives too.  Same goes for using vitality items.

 

 

Lineage 2 is a grind game that is extremely gear driven.  What is needed for you to enjoy the game is totally dependant on you and what you want out of it.  You seem to like the afk minimal input setup, stated you dont mind spending a little money, and want some social stuff.  This game has a lot of min/maxing in it.  there are 100s of things to do to upgrade your characters.

 

 

final edit: a top limited R110 weapon +12+++ is like 160-250 bil, a dragon weapon is well over a trillion adena.  what i'm listing for you isnt even remotely close to top end game gear.  im trying to list the cheapest way possible for you to have fun in the game :)

Edited by Hyperlite

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Transmit    3

I recommend spending the $15 on the monthly subscription prestige. It essentially makes the game behave in a way (adena/drops) that makes more sense and allows you to begin building up savings beyond spending on soulshots and other supplies. Yes, without prestige you will struggle. For a new player, I would advise leveling a char to 104/105 and decide if you're enjoying the game in its current state. Then, if the answer is yes, go ahead and spend the $15 on the subscription -- I don't think you'll regret it. As an added bonus, there are other items in the prestige pack that will help you gain adena to put towards improving your character from the daily prestige box.

Of course dumping money into the cash shop is the fastest way to gain adena and improve gear. If you do find yourself open to spending more, I would advise choosing either the 30 day rare accessory pack (I think another person mentioned this and explained it well) or the destiny pack which will further increase your exp/drop rates. If I recall correctly, both of these are in the 20-25 dollar range.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sesh2    15
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Hyperlite said:

to get into the 50-100 a month and the packs i referenced, you need to understand gear in L2 a little better:

that rare accessory pack costs 25 bucks a  month. It contains Blessed Valakas Necklace, Lindvior Earring, Blessed Antharas Earring, Tauti Ring, Earth Wyrm Ring and a CoC belt.  To put those into perspective, B Vala is 65 Bil to buy on market, Lindvior is also 65 bil, Blessed Anthy is around 30-40 bil, Tauti and Earth Wyrm are about 10 bil each, CoC belt is about 40-50 bil.  Putting that into cash value at the NCoin rate, youre approaching well over a grand.  This is why I mentioned the rare acc pack.

Why are they so expensive you might ask?  Simple answer: supply and demand, plus 1-2 clans farm all the epic world bosses and control those epic jewels.  They also get crushed to make god jewels.  they also cant be obtained every single day because world bosses are on a cooldown. I can go into the history about how these items evolved but it doesnt really matter.  The game is balanced to players having some type of epic accessories now, and thewyre always been extremely rare and limited.  This is an extremely cheap upgrade and why many consider it part of their monthly expense.  I recommend logging in and looking at the auction house and reading the item descriptions of what i just listed. They are pretty game changing for your character in their stats/bonuses compared to not having them.

Do you need them? maybe, maybe not. depends on what YOU want to do.

You can afk solo mobs and have little to no social interaction by spending nothing.  If you want some social aspect, or to get a change of scenery in game and see stuff, you'll probably need to spend a little bit unless you dont mind xp'ing blazing swamp for months on end.

 

Regarding upgrading gear. you don't exactly upgrade the same weapon over and over like other games.  You can upgrade R99 and R110 to Bloody/Dark and you can upgrade your R99 to R110, but its extremely expensive. People upgrade gear by crafting and enchanting.  You craft by farming the mats in areas after 105. a +12 Bloody R99 weapon with mid SA's will be the same wep you use until you quit if you want it to be and its around 20-30bil depending on weapon type.  You can also go the tauti weapon route, shadow weapon route, theres a handful of options all at different price points. you can also stick with the exalted wep and see how it goes, but the exalted wep is pretty bad.

Enchanting gear is the way you can upgrade, but you can break your item and have nothing as well. I'd suggest reading about enchanting before doing it.  When armor sets get +8/9/10 they get additional set bonuses.  For example, earlier i mentioned +8 r95 leather set gives 10% skill refresh.  That set costs around 6-8 bil.

 

If you dont care about xp speed, drop the destiny pack and prestige.  However, there are drop rate increase runes in there too, so keep that in mind since drops are important to you. Prestige rune is pretty good on the bonus it gives too.  Same goes for using vitality items.

 

 

Lineage 2 is a grind game that is extremely gear driven.  What is needed for you to enjoy the game is totally dependant on you and what you want out of it.  You seem to like the afk minimal input setup, stated you dont mind spending a little money, and want some social stuff.  This game has a lot of min/maxing in it.  there are 100s of things to do to upgrade your characters.

 

 

final edit: a top limited R110 weapon +12+++ is like 160-250 bil, a dragon weapon is well over a trillion adena.  what i'm listing for you isnt even remotely close to top end game gear.  im trying to list the cheapest way possible for you to have fun in the game :)

yea, so your monthly gaming expenses = buying time limited gear to spend countless hours of time watching your macro play the game for you

sounds sooooo fun...………….not

Edited by Sesh2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Frustrated    2

I understand that a free to play game can't really be free because it costs money to run servers and developers do not work for free and neither does the gms, support staff and web developers but I think several hundred $ per year is a bit much to spend on a game when there is other games which you buy once and can enjoy the game without spending further money and there is also some free to play games where you can have fun without spending a penny.

Spending $600-1200 on a game per year is crazy, for $600 you can buy a decent Android phone, for $1200 you can even buy a used car. And that cost is just for the items from store, not for the gear which you also need to acquire which costs quite a bit.

@OP If you want to have fun without spending any or much money you could try L2 Essence, from what I have heard you can even win at oly without having to have top gear if you are skilled player. Going to try it out now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×