Forums

Live Server Maintenance: Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Hime

• L2 Team

Game servers will be down for maintenance beginning Wednesday, April 15, 2020 at 5 a.m. PDT / 7 a.m. CDT / 8 a.m. EDT / 2 p.m. GMT+2 and will be unavailable for approximately 2 hours and 30 minutes.

With this maintenance:

• Standard database maintenance and application restarts will be performed.
  • The Cursed Weapons system will remain unavailable for a week.
  • The special server settings event will be available for a week.
    • XP/SP +100%
    • Vitality 300%
    • No XP Loss Upon Death (for non-chaotic only)
    • Party Hunting Bonus +50%
  • The Attendance Checklist Event will be available for 2 weeks.
  • Ancient Kingdom Cloaks on the L2 Store will be available for a week.
  • The Lucky Growth Scrolls from Lara's Eventful Day Off event will be removed from players' inventories
  • Latency reducing measures are still temporarily implemented until the latency delay issue is resolved.
  • Character Creation will be temporarily enabled for 24 hours and subsequently unavailable on April 16 until further notice.

Other notes:

• Live servers are currently at max capacity during peak times so you may encounter a login queue.
  • The items noted on this list will be removed from players' inventories during the maintenance on April 22.

If you have any questions about the changes taking place during this maintenance, please feel free to post them on the forums. We also encourage you to follow @LineageIIOps for maintenance and server status updates.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

54 minutes ago, Hime said:

Game servers will be down for maintenance beginning Wednesday, April 15, 2020 at 5 a.m. PDT / 7 a.m. CDT / 8 a.m. EDT / 2 p.m. GMT+2 and will be unavailable for approximately 2 hours and 30 minutes.

With this maintenance:

• XP/SP +100%
    • Vitality 300%
  • The Lucky Growth Scrolls from Lara's Eventful Day Off event will be removed from players' inventories
  • Latency reducing measures are still temporarily implemented until the latency delay issue is resolved.
  • Character Creation will be temporarily enabled for 24 hours and subsequently unavailable on April 16 until further notice.

Other notes:

• Live servers are currently at max capacity during peak times so you may encounter a login queue.
  • The items noted on this list will be removed from players' inventories during the maintenance on April 22.

If you have any questions about the changes taking place during this maintenance, please feel free to post them on the forums. We also encourage you to follow @LineageIIOps for maintenance and server status updates.

Really, that's all? even this week? 

Really, substantially no changes and "we are continuing investigating"?

Really, SHUT DOWN server at these conditions till you fix.

Ah, refund my prestige i can't continuing farms any real stuff by lag and mobs reduction ridiculous.

• Like 2

And....... I'm out. Almost 1 year and this is the only shit we get week after week. Incompetence.

P.S. Core doesn't have lag.

P.P.S. RU doesn't have lag.

P.P.P.S. Korea doesn't have lag.

I can continue with Twain, China, etc.... Hell even java illegal servers in manchilds parents basements on a old bitcoin mining machine run better than your crap.

Professional gaming company my ass.

Edit to fix the word "shit" I miss spelled.

Edited by ShrodingersCat
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, -Madonna- said:

Really, that's all? even this week? 

Really, substantially no changes and "we are continuing investigating"?

Really, SHUT DOWN server at these conditions till you fix.

Ah, refund my prestige i can't continuing farms any real stuff by lag and mobs reduction ridiculous.

Really? It's not o.k to cry like that. You don't know the challenges they may be facing with the servers. I agree that it's been pretty rough going for nearly a year now but there is no need to have a sissy fit like that.

You can't ask for a refund on your prestige pack, you bought it when the server where in these conditions and there were no guaranty that they'd be fixed.

In my opinion, if they can keep the special server settings going until they resolve the issues that is more than fair and it also help the existing players get there mentees and atlas done faster. That way we can go to a more normal traffic on the servers and put at least that part of the issues behind us.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Why not turn off the server and send all players to play on 4Game server.
How can their server be running without any problems and NCWest is facing so many problems.

Shut down that server and when you solve the problems definitively come back.

They're already embarrassing themselves.

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, L2quote said:

Really? It's not o.k to cry like that. You don't know the challenges they may be facing with the servers. I agree that it's been pretty rough going for nearly a year now but there is no need to have a sissy fit like that.

You can't ask for a refund on your prestige pack, you bought it when the server where in these conditions and there were no guaranty that they'd be fixed.

In my opinion, if they can keep the special server settings going until they resolve the issues that is more than fair and it also help the existing players get there mentees and atlas done faster. That way we can go to a more normal traffic on the servers and put at least that part of the issues behind us.

Man, they are absolutely not cry words, just a reaction to an unbelievable conduct and management.

Too long times to take action (1day per week and byebye, "see you next wednesday and see igmf you're luck next time!")

Game economy stuck and going up

Gamelife stuck and prohibitives

Hunting primeval isle desert

No open world rbs to do and drop gears/value drops (i miss 2014) for farm

No more epic bosses to join for all ppl like before, or ur'e high levels and hard geared or u can never do

Hard expensive gambling events scams

Ah my prestige was bought when thei announces new hardware machine and when was up i had changes extremely positive my atkspeed and i start trust them again happy, then i damn regret that coz i discovered lag incoming again!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, L2quote said:

You must be new to L2. I've played this game for 15 years. I've seen Juji come and go more times than I can count. We've seen GMs and Moderators leave countless times. Poor dears. Can't say I don't blame them. We've been manipulated and lied to over and over again yet here we are almost a year later and these issues still haven't been resolved. If you think they care about their customer base, think again. All NCwest thinks and cares about is how to fill their bank accounts, but hey, some people have to buy NCoins and keep these bleep poor servers running. The Devs or what's left of them have taken away any fun that was left in this game. Every time we turn around their removing something yet again and with no explanation why. They've ruined crafting. Drops are a thing of the past, adena from mobs??... LOL. Anyone else remember times in the past when we actually had fun events that DIDN'T involve the L2store? We can kiss those days goodbye as well. Why do I keep logging in? God only knows. I'm just a sentimental old timer who will stick around for some unknown reason until they pull the plug. At least they've left the decent graphics and beautiful music in-game and for that I'll say thank you. For all the rest either **** or get off the pot. We've had enough already.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Sharlanna said:

You must be new to L2. I've played this game for 15 years. I've seen Juji come and go more times than I can count. We've seen GMs and Moderators leave countless times. Poor dears. Can't say I don't blame them. We've been manipulated and lied to over and over again yet here we are almost a year later and these issues still haven't been resolved. If you think they care about their customer base, think again. All NCwest thinks and cares about is how to fill their bank accounts, but hey, some people have to buy NCoins and keep these bleep poor servers running. The Devs or what's left of them have taken away any fun that was left in this game. Every time we turn around their removing something yet again and with no explanation why. They've ruined crafting. Drops are a thing of the past, adena from mobs??... LOL. Anyone else remember times in the past when we actually had fun events that DIDN'T involve the L2store? We can kiss those days goodbye as well. Why do I keep logging in? God only knows. I'm just a sentimental old timer who will stick around for some unknown reason until they pull the plug. At least they've left the decent graphics and beautiful music in-game and for that I'll say thank you. For all the rest either **** or get off the pot. We've had enough already.

what customer base )) this platform is laundering machine for stolen cards. Ncoins is bought by stolen cards , there is nothing about product improvement its just cash in cash out. that's it )

The solution is simple for less lag: players stop cry and log less boxes better and NCwest remove or rethink this mentee system. Both live servers are heavy all time and for sure we haven t so many active players. Servers are full because players abuse and log many boxes .....

"Character creation disable" measure reduces significantly the lag. Maybe it s good to be permanent and 1 toon per week is enough.

Edited by Geo22

20 minutes ago, Geo22 said:

The solution is simple for less lag: players stop cry and log less boxes better and NCwest remove or rethink this mentee system. Both live servers are heavy all time and for sure we haven t so many active players. Servers are full because players abuse and log many boxes .....

"Character creation disable" measure reduces significantly the lag. Maybe it s good to be permanent and 1 toon per week is enough.

I love how people say. "The solution is simple".

Do you thick skulled, knuckle draggers really think it's that easy? We're talking about NCSoft here. A company that competed in the Special Olympics and didn't make it out of the parking lot because they were too dysfunctional and attempted to mix their fecal matter with their own drool in the car. 

A company that thinks having customer IS THE PROBLEM!!!!!! They literally don't want people to create new accounts. I know that 99.9% of the new accounts are bots/rmt/mentee's but maybe that .1% is coming to try a new game, and guess what, they can bleep right off because you can't create and account. 

I'm seriously surprised at the amount of shit that the population of this server puts up with. Maybe BDSM is your thing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Hime said:

With this maintenance:

• XP/SP +100%
    • Vitality 300%

Other notes:

To be honest I can't say that I'm surprised they are still doing nothing, these special server settings doesn't help anyone because more people are logging more clients BECAUSE of the exp buff.  Your not reducing your server load because last month there was almost no que, month before here/there was a que.  The fact that I haven't gotten any exp on my melee main in 3 months because I spend more time dead than alive is insane.  Trying to hunt IT Crater or Silent Valley with 106 Evis with the following gear:

+10 Bloody Light Set FE

+11  R99 Bloody Fist 3SA 5/5/Tyrr

Elmore +7 / Noble Circlet +5 / Veterans Mask +3

AQ Soul, Zaken Soul, Atlas +12, Ring of Creation, Enhanced Istina's Neck

Exalted Talis, Abundance Lvl 1, 7 Signs Talisman, Longing, Venir level 8, Stage 3 jewls

That is PLENTY of gear for a dou with Hierophant with Level 2 Harm/Melodies etc.  I can't EXP MY bleep MAIN for 3+ months now, I'm forced to level mentee's which you see I have atlas +12 I don't need or my archer dual class.  Because Melee's spend more time DEAD on the ground because they can't VR HP back because of the server side lag.  I'm no big spender, I spent $100 here/there I'm a disabled Veteran living off what I get from VA.  I enjoy this game, but to be honest your customer server is worse than my VA doctors and I literally cough up blood from a blood clot in my lungs they do NOTHING about and I'm saying your WORSE then they are!! When will you seriously FIX the servers so what we PAY for in a FREE TO PLAY game we get what we pay for.  We get some type of customer service, some sort of working game... Do we all need to refuse to log for a week for you to actually care?  Do we need to stop purchasing NC Coin 100% for a month until you take the time to FIX your servers?  This isn't our servers, we don't own the game/hardware, its not within our capability to FIX It only you can.

We aren't asking for what is within our rights as PAYING customers for a service we pay for, forget the "Free to Play" Aspect which still is your job to maintain the servers for people that don't even invest money into the game.  You have PAYING customers that give you their money to enjoy something and all you do is nothing day in day out, week in week out.  Back in the day at launch and even for 5 years after you would have GM Events you guys would come on summon monsters/raid bosses make your GM toons red and let us kill you and you'd drop items.  IT was fun you guys interacted with your customers you had some sort of PR with customers, now we get nothing you throw a us angel cat blessing once in a while NEVER come to GM buff us, never come to interact besides selective answering of questions only 1 or 2 people care about while ignoring the MASS important questions.  You guys must really hate your jobs, and i get it your slave to what Korea wants, why don't you buy rights like EU/RU has to do what they want inside the games/events/promotions and actually get back to enjoying your job.  Because 10 years+ ago you guys did enjoy the game and your jobs because you interacted with us, things were better, we enjoyed the game a lot more with active GM's.  You used to do live support tickets and pm us on our tickets and took the time sometimes to talk to us.

Until YOU as in NCSoft WEST change don't expect us your customers to change because while some of the customers are the problem *aka cheaters*, the majority is with YOU the game company and lack of customer support/service.  We can't do anything about your part or other customers, but I guarantee if you did changes we request you wouldn't have so many unhappy customers and support tickets would go down, and we would have nice things to say about the staff/company and you would have good PR.  So WHAT are YOU going to do about it NC West?  Honestly, I bet you $100 the answer is.. Nothing.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Hime said:

With this maintenance:

• XP/SP +100%
    • Vitality 300%

Other notes:

Plz close even cloak es SCAMM EVEN NCSOFT SCAMER THE GAME GO NO GOOD GAME NOW AND MANY PPL USE $ FOR STUFFF hahahahahh IS 1  game 

7 hours ago, -Madonna- said:

Ah my prestige was bought when thei announces new hardware machine and when was up i had changes extremely positive my atkspeed and i start trust them again happy, then i damn regret that coz i discovered lag incoming again!

Then use this as a life lesson to excercise patience rather than spend an amount you might later regret on something.

44 minutes ago, Geo22 said:

When character creation will be reenabled just check who will create many accounts/chars and ban hammer ... and miracle will come: no more lag on servers!

For what reason. While I personally dont bother with it I reckon i could knock out 12 chars per day 1-105 to sell for mentee from 2 PCs - if they are removing creation theres nothing in the EULA that says I cant create the 84 chars I could make between now and the next maintainence.

21 minutes ago, YetAnotherSummoner said:

For what reason. While I personally dont bother with it I reckon i could knock out 12 chars per day 1-105 to sell for mentee from 2 PCs - if they are removing creation theres nothing in the EULA that says I cant create the 84 chars I could make between now and the next maintainence.

You and other players like you are lag reason. For this reason Blazing Swamp is full of bots/boxes and other arreas same. If they buy best PC from NASA you will log more boxes and we ll have same lag.

NCwest is trying to resolve lag problems and they implement this mentor system determine players to log 12 chars per day(and this is a happy situation) or much more(farmers/rmters) .... very, very smart!!!

Edited by Geo22
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, ShrodingersCat said:

And....... I'm out. Almost 1 year and this is the only shit we get week after week. Incompetence.

P.S. Core doesn't have lag.

P.P.S. RU doesn't have lag.

P.P.P.S. Korea doesn't have lag.

I can continue with Twain, China, etc.... Hell even java illegal servers in manchilds parents basements on a old bitcoin mining machine run better than your crap.

Professional gaming company my ass.

Edit to fix the word "shit" I miss spelled.

they actually gave you free items, gear and xp buffs during this lag stuff that's been going on for over a year

this servers have lag because of all the bots, noobs

did you know bitcoin mining machines take multiple graphics cards with cpu's with  multiple threads just to mine bitcoin? this game only reads 1-2 threads, noob

but yea I agree, NCscam always screwing the customer or trying to scam them

@Juji @Hime

So it's up to you to fix the current problems with the delays and all the illegalities that are done while playing by third parties companies that make purchases and sales of items and money of the game. I know there will be reactions from teammates but it is an opinion. we have democracy. You can limit yourself to 7 CLient's per IP address and end up there with the whole story and every outcry. So again, these would mean that you have to spend for these processes.

(google translate) Sorry i dont know ENG  :)

@Juji@Hime Last year the anniversary of L2 started on the 17th of Arpil. R we gonna have any events this year at all? Personally I stopped lagging that bad for the past 1-2 weeks but im a Feoh. Close combat classes still have issues with AA delay. Even though I stopped lagging, there isnt much to do other than macro farm for God knows how long to start and being remotely competitive.

You still have end game items like Cloaks and Forgotten Books and Jewels(sapphire, ruby, etc.) available only through L2store even though we were supposed to be able to ''craft'' these jewels through mamon or blacksmith since 2 patches ago but you conveniently removed that option.

Please tell me, when a Sapphire 5 costs around 70-90billion adenas and I get from a  mob at a 109 level area(field of silence) 14-30k adenas(with prestige and all the fixins), how am I supposed to gather that many adenas just for this 1 thing? I can barely cover the costs of the bssr and spirit ores i use during my farm! Im not even gonna touch the cloak subject, enchanting rates and legendary stable scrolls as well as augmenting. 150-210billion adenas for a +15 aden cloak. Cmon :D that is a very bad joke!!

You wonder why people make 3904830948 toons each and lag the servers? Well, with the current adenas drop rate/amount being what it is now and the prices going up uP UP, how can some1 be or stay competitive by logging just one or two toons? You would think that with time items would get cheaper since more and more people r making them but NOOOoooo! Lets *bleep* up enchant rates and adena amount so noone can make them but a few!

Tiny suggestion off topic, remove the snare(confusion) resist from the mobs in Stronghold(since this is the only area u can make decent adenas) so a feoh could farm effectively with the nerfs they received, like archers do with the boosts they received over the last year. I cant also understand why do mobs keep spawning in areas like forrest of mirrors and brekas and isle of prayer, so far away from each other, EVEN THOUGH THEY R IN GROUPS(unlike ivory crater, beleths circle and phantasmal etc), making it impossible for snare to get them all!

ADENAS DROP RATE/AMOUNT IS BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD!!!! B A D!!!

PS: Seriously though, couldnt u arrange for a toon to get transfered from NCwest to EUcore(by transfered i mean deleted here and remade in the EU Core by GMs or admins or w/e can do it, if a normal transfer cant take place, removing the cloaks and god jewels etc. of course since they dont have them there which makes the game much more balanced)?

Thanks!

Edited by ReaperGG

22 minutes ago, ReaperGG said:

@Juji@Hime Last year the anniversary of L2 started on the 17th of Arpil. R we gonna have any events this year at all? Personally I stopped lagging that bad for the past 1-2 weeks but im a Feoh. Close combat classes still have issues with AA delay. Even though I stopped lagging, there isnt much to do other than macro farm for God knows how long to start and being remotely competitive.

You still have end game items like Cloaks and Forgotten Books and Jewels(sapphire, ruby, etc.) available only through L2store even though we were supposed to be able to ''craft'' these jewels through mamon or blacksmith since 2 patches ago but you conveniently removed that option.

Please tell me, when a Sapphire 5 costs around 70-90billion adenas and I get from a  mob at a 109 level area(field of silence) 14-30k adenas(with prestige and all the fixins), how am I supposed to gather that many adenas just for this 1 thing? I can barely cover the costs of the bssr and spirit ores i use during my farm! Im not even gonna touch the cloak subject, enchanting rates and legendary stable scrolls as well as augmenting. 150-210billion adenas for a +15 aden cloak. Cmon :D that is a very bad joke!!

You wonder why people make 3904830948 toons each and lag the servers? Well, with the current adenas drop rate/amount being what it is now and the prices going up uP UP, how can some1 be or stay competitive by logging just one or two toons? You would think that with time items would get cheaper since more and more people r making them but NOOOoooo! Lets *bleep* up enchant rates and adena amount so noone can make them but a few!

Tiny suggestion off topic, remove the snare(confusion) resist from the mobs in Stronghold(since this is the only area u can make decent adenas) so a feoh could farm effectively with the nerfs they received, like archers do with the boosts they received over the last year. I cant also understand why do mobs keep spawning in areas like forrest of mirrors and brekas and isle of prayer, so far away from each other, EVEN THOUGH THEY R IN GROUPS(unlike ivory crater, beleths circle and phantasmal etc), making it impossible for snare to get them all!

ADENAS DROP RATE/AMOUNT IS BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD!!!! B A D!!!

PS: Seriously though, couldnt u arrange for a toon to get transfered from NCwest to EUcore(by transfered i mean deleted here and remade in the EU Core by GMs or admins or w/e can do it, if a normal transfer cant take place, removing the cloaks and god jewels etc. of course since they dont have them there which makes the game much more balanced)?

Thanks!

Adena Amount is bad? I saw players saying that they are getting 20b or more per day farming (Isle probably). They can buy +15 cloak farming 1 week ...