LOGIN PROBLEMS

i am having the same problem too, i submitted a ticket and it ended up to them saying that my ISP is the problem but i know that i dont have a problem on my internet because it may just be 50mbps, its not that slow compared to others. also when i go to L2 website it always says server can not be found and always takes me several refresh for me to enter the website. 

the problem is on their end and they wont admit that it is, they will blame your ISP instead.. i have grown to this problem even it takes me 20x tries just to load the launcher.. and 10x more to start the game window. now with the log in queue im actually losing interest in playing because of the problem. MU online Philippines is coming next week maybe ill just spend my money there. 

thank you, 

I just logged without any issue. What is the issue exactly? does the launcher display anything? or does it refuse to launch at all?

Edit: nvm I just saw your second message

Edited by Jeune

The fact is, if you're on Naia and you're logging in from outside the US (not sure if this affects people in the US) you'll probably never be able to login until the next maintenance/server is rebooted or you can try when a big event like Oly/Dim Siege is on. This has become apparent for the past 2 weeks or so. The login server is fine (try keying in a wrong password, if do manage to get the login dialog that is, and you will get the incorrect password message in seconds. The server is so packed now (that number in party matching has been growing, it's usually ok to login if the number is 3500-ish and below, but now its consistently 4200+ most of the time) that even if you do get past the login dialog you will never be connected to the game servers. That's what's timing out and the error message code you get is always 0 or -1, error message is always "Try logging in later". You can keep trying though and hope to get lucky. I manage to get 1 client running after dozens of attempts. Far cry from 6 clients last week all connected for more than 100 hours. Oh yah, even if you do all these things and connect successfully, you have to wait in the queue. Good luck with that.

I've ditched the game now, it's no use wasting time on this until the next maintenance/reboot. The issue seems to be the transition between after logging in and connecting to the game server (and the fact that the Launcher cant to show the login dialog too). Then you'd better login and STAY in for the rest of the week as I've been doing this past month. It's a joke really but who cares..

Edited by Aleppo
More info

Sorry, I should say this problem may affect you if you're connecting from outside the US from certain parts of the world like Asia. I guess if you're closer to the US this may not be an issue. In any case, whatever I've written above is what's happening to me and I'm playing from South East Asia.

Edited by Aleppo
More info

Having login problems for 6hours now. Looks like the login server having  capacity problems (caused by too many bot logins) which they will never admit until they find a solution. Now I am able to enter but with queue (230), wth with the queue at this time???  

5 minutes ago, Anub1s said:

wth with the queue at this time???  

The queue started three hours ago for the first time this week. The party matching number is now very high consistently even at this time so less "adventurers" are disconnecting.

4 hours ago, Aleppo said:

Sorry, I should say this problem may affect you if you're connecting from outside the US from certain parts of the world like Asia. I guess if you're closer to the US this may not be an issue. In any case, whatever I've written above is what's happening to me and I'm playing from South East Asia.

i am playing in the Philippines so if all SEA players experiences this, NCSOFT should do something to solve this. 

like right now i cant even launch the launcher and it says my ISP or antivirus is keeping it from launching or connecting.. i have all other apps off including the anti-virus so.. the problem is not on our side. 

Edited by Crossmouth

I'm also having login problems, it all started after Wednesday's update. Before, everything was normal, I'm Brazilian and it's not just me who has the problem. To login, I need to insist several times.

The message that always appears.
[Failed to read data from update server content. Check your network environment (ISP, NAC authentication, firewall, antivirus and other settings) and try again.] It all started after the last update.

11 hours ago, Crossmouth said:

i am playing in the Philippines so if all SEA players experiences this, NCSOFT should do something to solve this.

xD

16 hours ago, Aleppo said:

.. or you can try when a big event like Oly/Dim Siege is on.

11 hours ago, Crossmouth said:

like right now i cant even launch the launcher and it says my ISP or antivirus is keeping it from launching or connecting.. i have all other apps off including the anti-virus so.. the problem is not on our side.

As expected I could easily login when Oly started. Logged all 6 boxes. There's nothing much you can do.. don't bother you ISP or mess with you AV settings and there's nothing wrong with you PC.

Good luck with the queues lol.

17 hours ago, Danilo said:

The message that always appears.
[Failed to read data from update server content. Check your network environment (ISP, NAC authentication, firewall, antivirus and other settings) and try again.] It all started after the last update.

i have the same message, usually at peak time - early morning or late at night the launcher works fine. I'm not even gonna try submitting a ticket, support will tell me it's on my end, which is not true.

Same issues here ... Im an American based in Japan and now suddenly I CANT LOG IN!!!...

@Juji ..We are chasing to level up our toons in the bonus XP event period .. 

In fact, I have bought the BigVit pack a few times especially for that reason!

Dont tell me you guys are going to resolve this after next maintenance WHICH IS AFTER THE EVENT!!

Please consider to extend the event due to this unacceptable oversight on your part...

Are players outside of North America less valuable?

Should I bother to buy NCoins anymore? 

Please feel free to look at my purchase history especially during this event... Thank you

Edited by metricblu3
  • Thanks 1

. this is not just players from outside  USA.....I am from USA and  for  almost 2 days I cant log in... launcher work  until i click to log in / ok... and nothing happen.

login on an old classic server account work so is not the ip. 

Just wanted to report that this "issue" seems to have completely disappeared for me. After 3 days of struggling to even get the launcher to show the login box, it works perfectly fine now and I can log in instantly every time with no errors. Just wanted to check with those from SEA/Japan/wherever if you guys are seeing a huge improvement now too @metricblu3 @Lunastariel @Crossmouth @Danilo?

Frankly after 3 days of hell with the launcher, I was actually quite relieved to see the queue when the client started up :P!

Edited by Aleppo
Tag people

@Aleppo thank you for your concern bro :)

It seems fine for the past 3 days .... Im thankful

Its just that this 'shutdown' period would be unbearable if my favourite game cant work .... 

@Juji Sorry for losing my mind back there .. lol

Edited by metricblu3

• 2 years later...

Hello.I just have the:- Try Log in again later (-1) message don't know why when i know i enerterdd the correct password to th launcher i can log in on the site as you can see.

Any tips will be helpfull thank you.