Critical Damage of standard attacks

Leacher

HI;

First question is to answere with NO! you are right the description on some ringes are confusing. but only if its writhen down P.Skill critcal DMG it will help you.
I can be wrong on that one, maybe there are some ringes were the effect is good and i not know about it.

Friends sayed best and cheapes way to get maxed out  P. Skill crit Dmg are OLY reward ring + a ring from paulinas 30day equipment.

would interest me too if this is true

GL

• Like 1

We're making this more difficult than it is.

Normal crit damage does help archers...if they are only attacking with a normal attack. (Reading that, most of the archers just spit their drinks on their monitors. But read on...)

The thing is, very rarely do archers attack with just a normal hit. 99% of the time they are using one of their physical skills like Impact Shot, Quick Shot, Pinpoint Shot, Multiple Arrow, etc. Because they are using physical skills most of the time, the conventional wisdom is to obtain only those items that boost their P. Skill Critical Damage.

To answer the OP, no normal crit. damage of standard attack does not extend to physical skills. For Yul, you have to get items that indicate P. Skill Critical Damage.

So if you see something like the Sayha Ring - Stage 1 which states, "Normal Attack/ M. Skill Critical Damage + 20%" just know that it doesn't increase your P. Skill Critical Damage even if it does boost Magic Skill Critical Damage. Yul's who buy that ring are buying it more for the 5% P. Skill Power that you get as well as some of the other benefits of the ring. 

So in fact there are no jewels that give archers a big boost for skill dmg and skill crit dmg/ chance that are worth high prices (for not top players). M. Skill, p.atk, m.atk and other stats can be boosted well for a small amount of adena. And yes I know, well geared Yul are OP atm. But looks like jewels are not that big thing a Yul need first.

Epic bos jewels = almost no effect for p. Skill, some have high price...

Angel jewels = +6 and more give  a bit for p. Skill.

God accessories = nice effects but expensive like hell.

Edited by Leacher

P. Skill Crit Damage boosts can be found in a few places, from jewels like the Dragon Ring (15%) to Radiant Circlet of Authority (% varies depending on level of enchant) to Red Cat's Eye Gem (% varies depending on level of gem), weapon SA, etc. Plus, it's an augment that can be acquired on accessories like cloaks. It's the cumulative affect of all of these items that make a difference, not just one.

Having said that, if you plan to play mostly PVE, an archer doesn't need trillions of adena in end-game top equipment, mainly because so many of the "normal" items increase the other important damage booster for archers: skill power. There are also other cheap ways, like enchanting your skills, that help make archers more lethal. If you PVP, yes, you'll have to break the bank, but not in PVE -- unless all you do is epic raids.

I think his point was, that regular jewels (epic boss) dont make that difrence for yul and if i read all answers he is right with that. Bonuses from jewels are more important for other stats. Not for clases that need skill or skill-crit dmg. So why to spend 30-40b for jewels as a yul for example???

That there are other items to boos skill dmg for yul was never the question imo. And ofc the price-performance ratio there is much better, than get boss jewels.

Edited by Ascawo

On 20/04/2020 at 6:46 PM, GottWillEs said:

HI;

First question is to answere with NO! you are right the description on some ringes are confusing. but only if its writhen down P.Skill critcal DMG it will help you.
I can be wrong on that one, maybe there are some ringes were the effect is good and i not know about it.

Friends sayed best and cheapes way to get maxed out  P. Skill crit Dmg are OLY reward ring + a ring from paulinas 30day equipment.

would interest me too if this is true

GL

It is true, those are the cheapest and easiest rings with p skill crit dmg you can find. Others are +6(++) Angel's ring and +6(++) Fallen Angel's ring.