Quality of Life Changes & Events for Lineage II Classic

Juji

• L2 Team

Hello All,

First, we’d like to thank you for your continued feedback; the feedback is important for us to influence the necessary changes to our game.
We have made progress with the quality of life points many of you have mentioned in your feedback and you will see them reflected on April 22 with the Lineage II: Dawn of Heroes update.

A Starter Pack for Lv.1 ~ Lv. 39 has been added to the L2 Store

• Can purchase once per account. Cannot be used by players above level 39.

PK System Changes

• Harsher penalties for players with negative karma and kill multiple players in a row
  • New debuff added that restricts escape and teleportation for players with -5760 Karma and higher
  • PK Character Tracking System on Mini-map

In regard to raid boss difficulty and increasing adena drop and the item drop/spoils rate, we will be running special events for two weeks. As you play through these events, we’d like to hear your feedback regarding your game experience during the event period.

World Boss Difficulty & Drop Boost Event (4/22 ~ 5/6)

• The HP will be reduced by 50% on the Antharas, Baium, and Frintezza epic raids.
  • A rare accessory box has been temporarily added as a drop item for level 80+ raid bosses including Zaken

XP & Drop Boost Event for Lv. 75+ (4/22 ~ 5/6)

• +50% XP boosts for lv. 75 and higher
  • +150% quantity of Adena acquired for lv. 75 and higher
  • +100% earn rate of items/spoils for lv. 75 and higher

We understand these changes and events do not address all the concerns with the game, but we want you to know we are taking the steps needed. There are other game improvements we are working on with the dev team such as re-evaluating the scaling of hunting zones, properties of materials that drop, and world boss adjustments. We aim to share with you these additional game improvements at a later time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Juji said:

... There are other game improvements we are working on with the dev team such as re-evaluating the scaling of hunting zones,...

If this means revamp the lvl of the hunting zones, forget it. That is what you are doing at live and for most of us coming to classic is to relive the zones that are not the same thing anymore. At least for me and some others like me. Another point is the fact that some of us miss the spoil/craft feature this game have and its gone on Live servers. If you start changing the hunting zones, that part goes puff again.

Please dont do the same mistake AGAIN. Most of us are players of the live server so we do know what sucks. 

3 minutes ago, Islanmir said:

If this means revamp the lvl of the hunting zones, forget it. That is what you are doing at live and for most of us coming to classic is to relive the zones that are not the same thing anymore. At least for me and some others like me. Another point is the fact that some of us miss the spoil/craft feature this game have and its gone on Live servers. If you start changing the hunting zones, that part goes puff again.

Please dont do the same mistake AGAIN. Most of us are players of the live server so we do know what sucks. 

I completely disagree with what you're saying.
Classic needs new content and new areas to keep it interesting for everyone. We need new hunting zones.

14 hours ago, Juji said:

• +100% earn rate of items/spoils for lv. 75 and higher

Well why not do same thing to the lvl40 and higher aswell? Because the little ones also need to equip themselves. And im just asking for the spoils part.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Edd said:

I completely disagree with what you're saying.
Classic needs new content and new areas to keep it interesting for everyone. We need new hunting zones.

Well you have Live server for the new areas. Classic is a return to the beggining for alot of us. New areas like Rune, Shuttgard and Innadril that are currently out of the map its ok and are welcome. But doing the same thing they did to Dragon Valley is put classic like Live. If it is that, why create classic???

2 minutes ago, Islanmir said:

Well why not do same thing to the lvl40 and higher aswell? Because the little ones also need to equip themselves. And im just asking for the spoils part.

Well probably because ant nest drops more adena per mob than what LoA mob 85 drops.

Just now, Islanmir said:

Well you have Live server for the new areas. Classic is a return to the beggining for alot of us. New areas like Rune, Shuttgard and Innadril that are currently out of the map its ok and are welcome. But doing the same thing they did to Dragon Valley is put classic like Live. If it is that, why create classic???

You should not mistake Classic with Interlude version. Classic is a completely different game from what L2 used to be back in the days. Embraces the changes and learn to adapt.
Live servers are completely different dynamic and to many of us are not enjoyable. However, every version of the game needs development to keep up the interest of the players.

If you have reached end point of the game where you can farm LoA mobs that are lvl85 and you're gaining less than what you spend for shots per hours (in adena) then there is a problem, not to mention that most players are stuck in Attribute zones where there is no adena drop and the exp/h is pretty shitty.

New areas would allow players (solo, group) to progress in the game.

• Thanks 1

Glad to see they are finally listening to the community a little bit, but sadly these changes come too late for me.  I like the addition of the L-coin store, and I am sure more and more items will be added to it.  I also like the fact that LCoin can be purchased for NCoin, someone has to pay the bills, and whales gonna whale.  The EXP/Drop/Adena rates should be made permanent, not a temporary event.  The 7 client limit is great too, that is the perfect number for a Main DPS toon to have their own full buffs.  Still a lot of work to be done.  Maybe when you guys finish fixing all the things you broke, you can start a fresh server that players will be confident enough in your intentions to return.  

1 minute ago, Edd said:

You should not mistake Classic with Interlude version. Classic is a completely different game from what L2 used to be back in the days. Embraces the changes and learn to adapt.
Live servers are completely different dynamic and to many of us are not enjoyable. However, every version of the game needs development to keep up the interest of the players.

If you have reached end point of the game where you can farm LoA mobs that are lvl85 and you're gaining less than what you spend for shots per hours (in adena) then there is a problem, not to mention that most players are stuck in Attribute zones where there is no adena drop and the exp/h is pretty shitty.

New areas would allow players (solo, group) to progress in the game.

First, i cannot mistake with interlude since at that expansion the game was already going on live spec. I have the feeling that is a mix between C3/C4 with gadgets from live.

Second, i agree with new stuff as i said before like Rune is missing and Innadril (C4 areas) and Shuttgard (C5). What i dont agree is: lets take sea of spores area - its a lvl 40+ area right? dont turn it into a lvl 80+ area. THATS WHY IM TRYING TO SAY HERE.

I hope that now you can at least see my point.

About adena drop I do agree with you on the high areas. But i was asking for raise the spoil ration on the lower ones at least something, since alot on those leves have a daily struggle to try and get some items.

Did i make myself clear now?

@JujiCan you add Soul Stones in L2 Coin shop too? Spirit Ores for 100 Adena is amazing, but if only Soul Stones were at the same price too. Summoners need Soul Stones to create beast SSs for their melee servitors. At least ES can AoE with beast Spirit Shots very cheaply now. But beast Soul Shots are still a problem because of expensive Soul Stones.

18 minutes ago, Malnuh said:

@JujiCan you add Soul Stones in L2 Coin shop too? Spirit Ores for 100 Adena is amazing, but if only Soul Stones were at the same price too. Summoners need Soul Stones to create beast SSs for their melee servitors. At least ES can AoE with beast Spirit Shots very cheaply now. But beast Soul Shots are still a problem because of expensive Soul Stones.

You can actually get cheap Soulshot tickets (30 per day) from the L2 Coin shop. Should cover most needs (you get 15k beast SS per day). If something more - sorry, spend more money and buy from shop. I think right now the balance is good.

I want to suggest, get back the bar of debuff, that was one of the worst ideas in last updates, when u are in Rb, PVE, PVP u dont know if skill works or not. 

Second idea, fix debuff in RB.

• L2 Team

Hello All,

We have been busy fixing issues with the Dawn of Heroes update, but I wanted to share some new updates regarding changes to high level hunting zones. Starting in a week or two, we will have a new event for two weeks that will reduce the difficulty on monsters in the following hunting zones (more details will be shared closer to the event):

• Giant's Cave (Lv. 76 ~ Lv. 80)
  • Forgotten Island (Lv. 79 ~ Lv. 82)
  • Imperial Tomb (Lv. 78 ~ Lv. 82)

The Dev team is also reviewing more hunting zones and changes to other parts of the game that were mentioned before. We will continue to share updates regarding these changes to the Classic Server in this thread. Please do not hesitate to respond with constructive feedback.

Thank You!

4 minutes ago, Juji said:

Hello All,

We have been busy fixing issues with the Dawn of Heroes update, but I wanted to share some new updates regarding changes to high level hunting zones. Starting in a week or two, we will have a new event for two weeks that will reduce the difficulty on monsters in the following hunting zones (more details will be shared closer to the event):

• Giant's Cave (Lv. 76 ~ Lv. 80)
  • Forgotten Island (Lv. 79 ~ Lv. 82)
  • Imperial Tomb (Lv. 78 ~ Lv. 82)

The Dev team is also reviewing more hunting zones and changes to other parts of the game that were mentioned before. We will continue to share updates regarding these changes to the Classic Server in this thread. Please do not hesitate to respond with constructive feedback.

Thank You!

1. Change difficulty on Antharas world raidboss
2. Antharas Lair as the most difficult zone should has the top rewards from the mobs 

you can seen from this post and the last few events, if your low level 76 or now 80 or below, you get nothing and aren't important to the Devs, not the best way to grow a game, 

the common complaint is not enough adena dropping to cover SS, people struggling to cover hunting costs, making mass pvp open only to the idiots that throw a lot of money into this game, yet a armours are 120KK and anything higher even more, again, if you want to compete, then you must cheat. its a broken system

Edited by Mprt

1 hour ago, Motoquero said:

It is not fair that they give opportunity to +75 and those who are below what?  Yesterday I was in several hunting areas and the experience is useless ... not worth it.

I have only 45 level and it's not worth it go on hunting. XP i very small but the adena drop is ridiculus :(