Forums

Quality of Life Changes & Events for Lineage II Classic

Juji

On 7/1/2020 at 3:00 PM, Juji said:

We have more quality of life changes coming in the next content update.

But part of these upcoming quality of life changes you've implemented during last maintenance - reduced L2 coin drop rate at least 2x - now I'm not getting more than 6 coins per hour, while before maintenance I was getting around 12? Am I right in my assumption?

You seem to really care about your customers, I have to admit! These coins are only causing problems for customers, so NC helped them by reducing drop rate! Good job!

What would be these quality of life changes you've mentioned? Remove adena drop alltogether? Modify even more zones so that even more recipes and/or parts/mats won't be obtainable anymore? Remove dwarven craft? Reduce XP rate 2x? Remove XP alltogether and add XP/SP scrolls to Ncoin shop?

All of the above would be real quality of life improvement! Thank you in advance!

-NeverDwarf

• Haha 2

Oh, now 10 window limit makes more sense - NC wanted to punish legit players, while allowing bots to earn more items (as bots do not care about window limit)

Basically - slightly modified random craft from Essence:

Random Item Creation System

- Using this system, you can get various random items at the expense of production points.
- The production points scale is automatically replenished if a certain item falls from a monster, just as you can use any item that a character has.
- The maximum number of production points is 99; when overflowing, the used items are not taken into account.
- You can refresh the list of random items by consuming production points.
- When updating the list of items, the character receives 2 Blessings of Saiha.
- Due to Coins L, you can block up to 3 slots, which will not change when updating the list of items.
- You can lock the slots a certain number of times.
- The cost of obtaining an item is 1,000,000 adena, the probability of falling out of any of the 5 items is the same.

1 hour ago, Nevermind said:

Oh, now 10 window limit makes more sense - NC wanted to punish legit players, while allowing bots to earn more items (as bots do not care about window limit)

Basically - slightly modified random craft from Essence:

Random Item Creation System

- Using this system, you can get various random items at the expense of production points.
- The production points scale is automatically replenished if a certain item falls from a monster, just as you can use any item that a character has.
- The maximum number of production points is 99; when overflowing, the used items are not taken into account.
- You can refresh the list of random items by consuming production points.
- When updating the list of items, the character receives 2 Blessings of Saiha.
- Due to Coins L, you can block up to 3 slots, which will not change when updating the list of items.
- You can lock the slots a certain number of times.
- The cost of obtaining an item is 1,000,000 adena, the probability of falling out of any of the 5 items is the same.

source link to pm pls

Hello,

Here are some suggestions:
1. Consider implementing Dual-Class system from Live server on the classic. (or the old subclass system)
There are way too many un-tradable items that one character holds which makes it impossible to effectively try out new characters and enjoy a different gameplay.

2. Implement higher level raid bosses or level up the already existing ones to 85.
The current stage of the server forces characters to limit their destroyer's level to 82 in order to obtain drops from the 80 level raid bosses (highest ones excluding epics). I believe raids levels should be leveled to the stage of the server which is 84+

3. Dimensional (Cross-server) siege/zones. 
It seems like Giran's activity is higher than Talking Island in terms of Player vs Player content. However, it is still very much limited to the one and only one PvP activity on Sunday which is Siege.
Creating a daily zone or adding the already existing one from Korea where players enter daily from both servers to fight each other for something (not sure what is it).

4. Updating daily mission.
Daily missions are very outdated, most of the rewards completely useless. Please consider updating them with new rewards (daily consumables) soulshot tickets, fruits, elixir, stews anything in those lines.
Update them for the zones relevant right now.

5. Auction House - The market economy of the server is slightly... non efficient, especially with the removal of the /findprivatestore button in Action , most people don't know the option still exists in options. However, if you add auction house where all can register their items (identical to Live servers) the economy will improve.
An idea is also to combine both server's economies in one, having cross-server dimensional auction house.

6. Accelerate growth of characters to 76. It's a long road for new players to catch up to the average level of the population of the server. Suggestion: Add A grade shadow items (30 day) for new characters and introduce quest line that accelerates growth of characters to 76. To keep new players interested.

7. Update Clan system. - Refer to korean update of clan system

8. Upgrade skills - Currently above level 84 there are no skills to be learned other than passive Robe mastery/Light Armor Mastery/Heavy Mastery; Weapon Mastery; Anti-Magic;
It seems dull to be leveling beyond 84, I am currently 87 lvl and there is no improvement in my skills. Please consider upgrading the skills to be leveled at a higher level or add new skills to make it more interesting and motivating to level up.

9. Daily instances - Baium daily instance during the 16th anv was a hit. Something similar will increase interest.

10. Party Based Activity/Instance - self explanatory

11. Events where you can chose the reward you want upon purchasing. Similar to Night Market but with more items (enchant scrolls)

Edited by Edd
  • Like 2

1. no, go play live
2. bosses are as good as they are, more than 2 lvl difference for full drops should just be a thing
3.no
4.yes
5. yes
6.yes
7.like korean devs dont know what they put in others classics D:
8.yes
9.yes
10.yes
11.no prices were shit, lootbox mystery mechanic drives economy

2 hours ago, Edd said:

Hello,

Here are some suggestions:
1. Consider implementing Dual-Class system from Live server on the classic. (or the old subclass system)
There are way too many un-tradable items that one character holds which makes it impossible to effectively try out new characters and enjoy a different gameplay.

2. Implement higher level raid bosses or level up the already existing ones to 85.
The current stage of the server forces characters to limit their destroyer's level to 82 in order to obtain drops from the 80 level raid bosses (highest ones excluding epics). I believe raids levels should be leveled to the stage of the server which is 84+

3. Dimensional (Cross-server) siege/zones. 
It seems like Giran's activity is higher than Talking Island in terms of Player vs Player content. However, it is still very much limited to the one and only one PvP activity on Sunday which is Siege.
Creating a daily zone or adding the already existing one from Korea where players enter daily from both servers to fight each other for something (not sure what is it).

4. Updating daily mission.
Daily missions are very outdated, most of the rewards completely useless. Please consider updating them with new rewards (daily consumables) soulshot tickets, fruits, elixir, stews anything in those lines.
Update them for the zones relevant right now.

5. Auction House - The market economy of the server is slightly... non efficient, especially with the removal of the /findprivatestore button in Action , most people don't know the option still exists in options. However, if you add auction house where all can register their items (identical to Live servers) the economy will improve.
An idea is also to combine both server's economies in one, having cross-server dimensional auction house.

6. Accelerate growth of characters to 76. It's a long road for new players to catch up to the average level of the population of the server. Suggestion: Add A grade shadow items (30 day) for new characters and introduce quest line that accelerates growth of characters to 76. To keep new players interested.

7. Update Clan system. - Refer to korean update of clan system

8. Upgrade skills - Currently above level 84 there are no skills to be learned other than passive Robe mastery/Light Armor Mastery/Heavy Mastery; Weapon Mastery; Anti-Magic;
It seems dull to be leveling beyond 84, I am currently 87 lvl and there is no improvement in my skills. Please consider upgrading the skills to be leveled at a higher level or add new skills to make it more interesting and motivating to level up.

9. Daily instances - Baium daily instance during the 16th anv was a hit. Something similar will increase interest.

10. Party Based Activity/Instance - self explanatory

11. Events where you can chose the reward you want upon purchasing. Similar to Night Market but with more items (enchant scrolls)

1. Agree, at least old good subclasses.

2. No. We do understand that you guys want to autofarm raids, but you've already got what you wanted - upgrade of epics to your levels. Enough is enough. If you want RB levels upgraded - go to Live - this is how current BS named "Live" started.

3. Agree, this would be an ultimate fun!

4. Agree.

5. Agree, auction house is a good thing to have, or standard thing for many illegal servers - offline shops - when you disconnect - character continues to sell/buy/craft. Additionally - implement official way to get information on market prices (though auction will solve this).

6. It is mainly okay - the hardest part is just 65-72, other than that - everything seems fine, but A grade shadow is too much and kinda breaks 'rules' - it could be +++ D, C, B, etc weapon. Quests - it would definitely help to have these quests, but again - what you are saying - is what they have on Live, if you want Live - go play there. In classic exp should be painful :D (with autohunting it is not as painful as it was in good-old-days 10-15 years ago). But I get why you need this to be sped up - for farming trains :)

7. Could you provide a link?

8. Agree, there is only weapon/heavy/light mastery on 86 for me, no new golem, no craft mastery/critical craft upgrade or some new interesting skills.

9. Agree, but probably something which wouldn't be so crazytownish :D

10. Agree, Kamalokas or something like that would be nice to have.

11. Agree, some of items almost impossible to obtain ingame.

From myself - will add:

12. Put recipes/mats you've deleted when upgraded/changed zones to some other mobs so that people could craft items.

Please you can consider the idea of reviewing some classes or skills?
- elemental summoner is too much power, and seems that a lot of karma don t stop his summon to kill easy all classes. Anyway seems that the server is now a pony server. rlly sad for this.
- necromancer  is really nerfed, have only 2 skills for kill: 1 death spike that require too much adena coz he miss skill for summon cursed bones and 2 cdl that require no hp but every spots on the maps is setting for avoid this type of farm: no hp means die coz i can t use cdl if moob require 5 hit until die, impossible also with nice gear (top a grade 2h staff +7). so please give again summon cursed bones or give more power to cdl. and why not the old original dark vortex that help with dark attack (death spike). this class need to farm like others, no need reroll. 

ty a lot 

About necromancers, first of all, look how much players abandon this char and stop playing or escaping into other chars.
It's because of:
- necromancer is very weak in pvp, rate of landing debufing skills is some kind of joke
- is weaken than all other nukers
- cursed bones are extremaly expensive to exping.

In compare to overpowered elemental summoners and phantom sumoners you must be an idiot or love this char to play it.

Edited by AxelFOley

14 minutes ago, AxelFOley said:

About necromancers, first of all, look how much players abandon this char and stop playing or escaping into other chars.
It's because of:
- necromancer is very weak in pvp, rate of landing debufing skills is some kind of joke
- is weaken than all other nukers
- cursed bones are extremaly expensive to exping.

In compare to overpowered elemental summoners and phantom sumoners you must be an idiot or love this char to play it.

yes cursed bones are expensive and you gain nothing for it
it was balance mechanic to handicap necromancers
but now you pay extra to farm or risk farming with cdl (many pk chars) for debuffs which dont land and summon which dies from 1 hit and any boss 1 hit.

3 minutes ago, WutWutWut said:

yes cursed bones are expensive and you gain nothing for it
it was balance mechanic to handicap necromancers
but now you pay extra to farm or risk farming with cdl (many pk chars) for debuffs which dont land and summon which dies from 1 hit and any boss 1 hit.

Yes, I forgot about useless summons. You can't tank, you can't exping. Anyone can tell me for what necro have summons?

NOTE: 2nd l2 store event with really bad pricing, completely ridiculous tbh, 23 shiny bars for cloth piece and 1 shiny bar costing  80nc coin..
so 1 box = 1 golden bar + reward 4 golden bar = xp scroll 100% xp
From 1 night coins box = 1 dragon elixir
That Golden Bar exchange rate is total joke
40 000 NCoins for 18 agathion tickets  or 40 000 NCoins for 3 stable enchant Aghation, wich fail 90% of the time
40 000 NCoins for 90 Gemstone S-grade

IS THIS GREED OR JUST SIMPLE INCOMPETENCE?

On 08/07/2020 at 1:19 PM, Edd said:

I complete disagree with that. As a new (returning) player I would say that the game must be enjoyable in all levels of gameplay. I think that content must be delivered to low grade players as they are delivered to high players. That way everybody is happy playing the game on its journey to high levels. The game is not about be 76+ and PVP until bored because became 76 without gear or experience. The game is about meeting ppl and challenges in all levels, and that is the goal admins must foresee.

1 hour ago, MegaChips said:

I complete disagree with that. As a new (returning) player I would say that the game must be enjoyable in all levels of gameplay. I think that content must be delivered to low grade players as they are delivered to high players. That way everybody is happy playing the game on its journey to high levels. The game is not about be 76+ and PVP until bored because became 76 without gear or experience. The game is about meeting ppl and challenges in all levels, and that is the goal admins must foresee.

Lineage is not about where you want to be, but how you get there...

If you want a game where everybody is equal and at the same level for pvp LoL and DotA are out there for you...

“Its the not the Destination, It's the journey.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson, Self-Reliance

On 08/07/2020 at 3:43 PM, Nevermind said:

will add:

12. Put recipes/mats you've deleted when upgraded/changed zones to some other mobs so that people could craft items.

Complete agree. The craft is broken. I have recipes that the key mats don't drop and I have key mats which there is no recipe for. 1/5 of the game is the crafting system and without it the game lose one leg.