hi! impossible to spoil monsters in areas
76+! impossible to kill them!
fix the spoiler problem!
in other 76+ area! monster gives!
0 adenas! 0 drop! 0 spoil!
I stop playing lineage for the moment!
no interest to play !!
fix all these problem thank you !!!

A matter of time before the server merge with Giran and then close like Skelth, they manipulate their players' addiction by selling items at exorbitant prices giving the impression that they will be invincible and in real life poor

Hello,

Please consider reducing the difficulty of Lair of Antharas as well and boosting the adena per mob as now Adena earned in highest difficulty area is much lower than Forgotten Island (solo mobs).

Thanks!

@Hime

Since you requested it I logged into the game today for the first time in a while. Went to see how the changes are and I was greeted by a party of EM PKers... One of them is now displaying on the map now at least...

Not really hyped to try out the changes when I'm looking at ending hours of grinding in the negative XP wise.. Especially when the people behind it are risking absolutely nothing in the process.

Edited by Tool_of_Society
  • Thanks 1

On 4/24/2020 at 9:21 AM, pillougane said:

hi! impossible to spoil monsters in areas
76+! impossible to kill them!
fix the spoiler problem!
in other 76+ area! monster gives!
0 adenas! 0 drop! 0 spoil!
I stop playing lineage for the moment!
no interest to play !!
fix all these problem thank you !!!

What are the levels of the characters in your party?

and for new players? that is, it is impossible for new players to settle down, in low-level areas it is full of bots, but if the pk of those bots steals your place, let's not even mention that if you don't have a high-level character, you don't even get to dreams to equip, I recommend that you incorporate missions that allow you to at least start equipping, even if they are adena's reward missions, which are repeatable and encourage you to avoid leaving bots

• Thanks 1

Hello.its good that admins finally are taking some action to bring changes to classic.New events are nice, i hope to see some permanent changes once the balance is found.Keep the good work up.

Edited by Jarh

Finally got some grind in on the mains and I've noticed a few things.

The increase in adena drop means I can actually afford to use shots on my main DPS characters (BD/SWS/WC don't). I ended up having to create a new dwarf just to hold all the key mat junk that drops though. None of it is selling so I'm just going to see how much I can collect.

XP gained rate is still abysmal but that's not terribly surprising. 50% XP boost isn't really noticeable.

I cannot comment on the bosses as those are dominated by the small faction of whales and bot farmers.

The PK changes are good but might require some minor adjustments time will tell. It's ridiculous how many level 76+ EMs floating around that were botted up being used for this. PKing used to be one of those fairly rare things you used to regulate others when you had no other option. Now it's a "I'm bored lets load up one of the 10 EMs I've botted up and go kill PCs like they are NPCs". Perma reds were a thing back in the day but most of them were just people rage quitting the game so they weren't nearly as common in my experience. I do have a massive gap in experience in the game between C5 and GOD though.

The baium thing being level 80 definitely causes some nerd rage on my part...

• L2 Team

Thank you all for your feedback! We have added some more changes in the form of a new event today during the maintenance. Please let us know your feedback and if it has helped improved your hunting experience.

-----------4/29 Changes: Hunting Zone and PVE Boost Event-----------

• A new Hunting Zone event and PvE Buff event will start for two weeks (4/29 ~ 5/13) to address player feedback regarding high level hunting zone content:
    • Base Physical/Magic Attack stats on monsters will be temporarily reduced in the following hunting zones:
      • Giant’s Cave (Lv. 76)
      • Forgotten Island (Lv. 79)
      • Imperial Tomb (Lv. 84)
  • Added a special PvE buff to the 16th Anniversary NPC (Hermina) for two weeks (4/29 ~ 5/13).
    • Player’s Wish Buff
      • The buff will be in 3 stages and has a duration of 8 hours at each stage
      • As levels increase as the  buff expires, it will give a more powerful effect.
      • The Player’s Wish buff will be removed when the character dies, server connection ends, player logs out, or teleports to an instanced zone.
      • Player’s Wish Buff

Level

Duration

Effect

Lv1

8hr

PVE damage increased by 30%

Lv2

8hr

PVE damage increased by 50%, all stats + 1

Lv3

8hr

PVE damage increased by 100%, all stats + 3

The 1-39 starter pack is quite nice for newbies when combined with the quest rewards and dailies. The new player experience is much improved with that change. Very likely to convince a new player to shell out some $$ for the basic starter pack and such. If only the ROA botters weren't so greedy the new player experience would be damned good now.

Hello NC Soft Team, these changes really make a difference and are a step in the right direction. It really makes sence now to go out and farm with the main party in a few areas. Or atleast get some good amount of adena and drops while farming with a small grp of 3 or so for example in silent valley.

You now can use soulshots and safe some money to get the next new item you always dreamed about. This is really motivating.

The most important thing is to give the casual player that doesnt want to spend thousand of dollars in the l2 store a way to keep up with us vip 10 guys. Because only if the majority of the server is strong there will be good and interesting fight at sieges only and daily pvp. The Aden event is exactly that. Our new clanmates can now finally get some adena and buy their gear.

Keep it up and it will be the new server again. I hope so. Just compare the mass pvps at the start of the server to now... GOGO you can do this NC ;)

• L2 Team

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

The World Boss Hunt, Rare Accessory Box, and XP/Drop Boost Events for Level 75+ will come to an end during the maintenance tomorrow. Please share your feedback regarding these temporary changes, as we will be reporting it to the Dev team along with our findings in the game data early next week.

We also have some good news to share regarding crafting materials and drops. The Dev team is now working on a new crafting system that we are planning to implement later next month. As soon as it is ready and fully tested, we will share more details!

i personally think the lev 75+ xp boost should become permanent or something like a week-end feature that takes effect on Friday evening till Sunday...that gives a chance for new comers to get a little help catching up and be able to experience higher level areas. :)

1 hour ago, Juji said:

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

The World Boss Hunt, Rare Accessory Box, and XP/Drop Boost Events for Level 75+ will come to an end during the maintenance tomorrow. Please share your feedback regarding these temporary changes, as we will be reporting it to the Dev team along with our findings in the game data early next week.

We also have some good news to share regarding crafting materials and drops. The Dev team is now working on a new crafting system that we are planning to implement later next month. As soon as it is ready and fully tested, we will share more details!

Well my feedback is simple. The changes allowed me to level my mains properly for the first time since they were lowbies. I was stuck in an area below my level because I could not afford to run shots on my dps. So I settled for sub par exp for over half a year simply because of my inability to afford shots while having a desire to get some A grade armor (I'm still using mostly B armor and all B or c grade weapons due to cloth costs). Without shots the monsters in my level range hit too hard to farm. With shots they still hit hard but they don't get in nearly as many hits so the monster's damage doesn't matter nearly as much. My main accounts even have a low level farm group on them because it felt like my mains hit a wall with b gear and an inability to afford cloth for A grade gear. Not to mention the cost of applying a rune on an A grade weapon was ridiculous. Since I couldn't get anywhere on the mains I made a full on alt group to farm on the main accounts too for adena in the hopes to get some a grade armor. I had a silly notion that maybe just maybe if I got my tank into A-grade I would suddenly be able to run stuff my level. That didn't work because the damage taken by the tank ended up basically being the same... Turns out the best tank in this game's PVE is lots of dps while the tank runs in a circle trying to avoid getting hit. It's stupid. Hell honestly my Titan is a better tank than the real tanks simply because it has 2x the HP and very similar pdef without self skills. It always has guts and immortal for when things go really sideways.

If I want to continue leveling in the level appropriate area for my mains after the regression I'm going to need to fire up two of the lowbie parties to pay for the shots. Its utterly stupid that I have to run 9-18 extra accounts just so my main accounts can use shots. It's the big driver of all the lowbie bots and it's harmful to the health of the game. Seriously I have three different full 9 man groups worth of alts on my 20 accounts (including the main accounts) just for farming adena. I damned near expanded to 29 so I could run 3 sets of lowbies for adena. The lowbie groups are 5x, 6x and now 7x.. I have 9 desktops from the early days of classic when repeating macros weren't a thing. I used those 9 desktops and 9 USB numpads to level up until repeating macros were added. 6 of the desktops are i5 SFF machines that use less than 90 watts with 5 L2 clients. Ebay for under $90 ea delivered.

Personally I would put the adena drop rate/amount to a bit below what it was during the "test". Something along the lines of what the other classics got as shown on L2wiki. That would allow for me to continue to level properly without being forced to afk macro/bot multiple low level parties for shot money.  NCsoft decoupled shot cost from market pressures so you need to adjust adena drop to account for that reality.

The XP boost is nice but when you hit 79+ the amount of xp required is so huge even with the boost it's a very slow process.

EDIT : These are the things that drove all but one of my in game friends to quit this game. The stingy drops the poor planning of changes and the destruction of the dwarfs were the leading drivers behind all of them quitting.

• Like 2

@Juji  Considering the dynamics of the current classic im not so sure rates are really the issue at this point. Markets for items that are only obtainable by killing epic bosses and higher level raids are perpetually on lockdown by 1 or two clans server wide. Upon achievement of lockdown these few individuals go above and beyond  to keep these bosses. I feel this is one of the most major aspects currently aiding in the decision for the majority of new comers to quit the game early. My suggestion to remedy this issue would be to instance all epic raids so that everyone can work towards uninterrupted epic/high level raid fights...….I am in favor of account limitation per IP. Everyone is essentially playing alone the majority of the time via making their own 9 mans. The social dynamic l2 classic currently presents is not ideal...…… Regarding adena rates, I think an increase would work ONLY if the account limitation was put in place permanently as individuals will make multiple 9 man parties and congest hunting areas to no end.....Regarding xp rates,  I feel like you guys are doing a good job, xp isn't that bad really and you present enough xp events to make them something to look forward to..... I am enjoying this anniversary event very much. This is the best event on classic to date. Great work.

I'd like to suggest prolonging the event that brought many players out of town and kept them farming.
If you do get out of town and look at any area it seems to be crowded.
Players are enjoying the current rates and I believe that if they're kept the same it will bring the player base up and active people as well.

It also seems like it's solving recent economic issues of the server, where nothing was selling and nobody was buying anything due to lack of Adena.
With these rates players are now able to make decent amount of Adena to cover their daily expenses and even save up to purchase items.

Raid bosses dropping accessory boxes have increased the raid boss competition and brought more activity. I believe that it'd be a great idea to keep this in the drop table.
This would encourage players to create balanced sides and fight for raid bosses, also considering most epic bosses are around lvl40 and the player base is above 76 then I believe this should be the temporary way to compete for epics at this stage of the server.
Perhaps after upgrading raid bosses to lvl80 it would make sense to remove these boxes from the drop table

I am convinced that the rates given by this event combined with the PvE buff given from 16th anniversary are very good and encourage players to be active and play Lineage 2 especially during the quarantine.

Also, the Baium Festival event is a great step to implementing daily instances to keep the players active and giving them something to do on a daily basis. Please continue adding such features to the classic server

Some areas still need adjustment. For example:

1. Lair of antharas- spawn rate is very fast since last update, adena is less than any other high level area and it's not as rewarding as other places. FI mobs are giving x10 times more adena than mobs in Lair of Antharas and mobs in FI are 10 times easier. Please consider changing the drop table.
  2. Varka/Ketra - Areas seem to be deserted as the mobs are not rewarding enough for players to farm there, the exp is lower than other high areas and the drops/adena also lower please look into it
  3. Forgotten Island (party zone) - mobs are way too scattered, it'd make it easier to farm if the mobs spawn is fix in groups of 10-15 mobs in 900 range of a center.
  4. Implementing new zones with S grade drops. Gemstones S, Enchants, Weapons, Armors, Recipes and parts S grade should become available to be obtained without having to do Tombs of Ancient Pirates. Please consider populating zones that already exist in the game such as (Valley of Saints, Beast Farm, Monastery of Silence and others) with monsters that can be fought to farm S grade items.

Lastly, I'd like to thank you for taking in consideration our demands and making efforts to improve the quality of Lineage 2 Classic.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Snty said:

@Juji  .I am in favor of account limitation per IP. Everyone is essentially playing alone the majority of the time via making their own 9 mans.

To constantly check every IP being used and to cross reference it while refusing service to duplicate IPs would require some massive work on the backend. Considering Ncsoft is barely putting any developers on classic as is that would mean absolutely no bug fixes or anything resembling content for the next six months to year.  THis would also increase backend requirements resulting in more lag and connection issues as I doubt NCsoft would be willing to upgrade the server power just for IP checking.

There are many reasons why people who aren't even in the same household would appear to be playing under the same IP at the game server. This is common for dorms/condos/apartment complexes/internet providers/whole sections of cities. RIP anyone using a VPN service to improve their pings/connection to the game server.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_address_translation

Meanwhile I could get around it with minimal effort as I'd just have to pull out of mothball some SFF i5 based business machines I bought off ebay for under $80 delivered. A few minutes per machine and all my accounts will appear to be connecting from different IPs.

Botters wouldn't even have to put any real effort in to defeat that.

It's a costly idea that does nothing but hurt the legit players...

3 minutes ago, Snty said:

Thank you for the insight/reply. I am just a hopeful fool at this point.

Yeah I don't blame you and not everyone has a background in programming/IT.

As you can see in my above post I was one of those people running multiple parties so my mains can afford to use some shots. I stopped that because I was finally able to afford shots on my main group but after today I'm going to be back running multiple parties to afford shots on some of my mains.

Rb epics event sure brought many pvp's to the raids i think it should be reoccurring event in the future.
Exp/adena event was a bit unbalanced in my opinion. Yes it fixed high zones which had problems with adena but we had to get adena table fix, this made other zones which had good adena tables even more profitable and way more rewarding.

I am looking forward to a new crafting system maybe i can finally craft nice pants for my dwarf and use all the materials/parts which there gathering dust to craft something useful !