Quality of Life Changes & Events for Lineage II Classic

Juji

By the way what about power-lvling?

8. PROHIBITED AND IRREPARABLY HARMFUL ACTIVITIES CONCERNING NCSOFT

(ii) any service that that would change characteristics related to an Account or Character ID, such as increasing the level of a character (a.k.a. power-leveling);

This is quote from EULA https://us.ncsoft.com/en-us/legal/lineage-2/lineage-2-user-agreement.php

Would be a great improvement to the server if the kartia, kamaloka and this sort of things come to classic. The action house would be a strategic way to make the server economy great again. We need drops and adena in wall of argos. Please @Juji ? the sp is a problem too... we can't get the skill of lvl 78+ before get to the next level. Thank you for the last improves.

• Like 2

bots in roa and more bots in roa, econmy is bad cloths in 30kk+ mons highlvl not adena or low adena this is imposible to play, my clan and me will leave this server, this is not lineage classic, new ppl has left sever, because they cant take anything play normal.

• Like 1

• L2 Team

Hello All,

The following hunting zones had permanent reductions to monster attack power during the 5/20 maintenance to help increase player survivability while hunting:

• Giant’s Cave
  • Forgotten Island
  • Imperial Tomb
  • Kertra Orc Outpost
  • Varka Silenos Barracks
  • Dragon Valley
  • Antharas’ Lair

In addition, we also increased the Adena drops for Level 76+ monsters by roughly 16%. Please share your feedback regarding these changes here in this thread.

Ok.. mobs that would hit 6000, now hit 5400 at IT/ LOA / DV. Considering that only a few % of the players can sustain 24/7 using fruits +elixirs to hunt at these areas and still get wiped by the mobs sometimes, in my oponion thats not enought to make these areas lv 85 populated with the current equips/ players we have here. Not all are using fruits to hunt mobs, mainly saving those for pvp or epic bosses.

+ the need of the +15 cloaks with that very low chance of enchanting even with stable scrolls, i've failed more than 12 stable cloak and still with +9. thats insane.
i think you should do more free events like these / oriana / red libra. Putting paid events with loot boxes now at corona time isn't cool. ppl won't spend more Money at a game instead of Real life purposes of calamity.

Edited by Lyght

• L2 Team

World Raid Boss Renewal - 5/27

The dev team is continuing to make adjustments to the game content for the Classic Server after receiving many requests from players to update low level content. The world raid bosses below will have their drops renewed and difficulty level scaled up to level 85 next week:

• Queen Ant - Lv. 40 => Lv. 85
  • Core - Lv. 50 => Lv. 85
  • Orfen - Lv. 50 => Lv. 85
  • Zaken - Lv. 75 => Lv. 85
  • Baium - Lv. 80 => Lv. 85

Stay tuned for future improvements and content changes!

agree with Lyght 100%

While I appreciate the fact you got the devs to change the damage output of the mobs in DV AL GC Ketra and Silenos Im afraid the amount decrease simply doesnt change much. One needs to remember we are levels 82 and up who hunt these places. Most people are still in A grade gear which means less pdef/mdef. While the event has definitely made toons stronger with the weapon enchants its still very cost prohibitive to buy s grade armor. (unsealing costs over 2 bill). You have nerfed the damage 20% and 10 % for anth lair. While i absolutely agree anth lair should be hard, it is next to impossible. Yes there are toons leveling there. But these are the biggest whales on the servers. a damage nerf of 20% of 3000 damage is a mere 600 hp. that doesnt amount to hardly anything to be honest. its a tiny number when a mob is hitting u 3 times in 5 seconds. u might outlast the first 2 but the 3rd is gonna kill you. This doesnt make much sense to me.

The slight increase in adena.....that was a joke right....its barely noticeable. and I get it you want people to purchase from the lcoin and ncoin store...i get it...but if you lose the player base you losse income....look at the turnout for this event? You have brought the masses back. Now how are you going to keep them? I suggest swift changes before this week ends. People are just going to get frustrated and disappear again..

Again I appreciate the support you have given us the last few months. But these changes literally do nothing. The changes are great. The amounts are wrong. the result is more overcrowding in forge and goe and woa. this leads to players getting fed up and quitting. I feel this event brought tons of players back and they have all kinds of good items and gear but they still cannot hunt in over half the map. This keeps prices extremely high and out of reach for your average user.

Just my 2 cents from a prelude player....been around the block a bit

@Juji

THE ADENA INCREASE OF 16%....

if a mob drops 1k adena. an increase of 16% is only 160 adena. If you are hunting in high level places it takes 5 -6 -7 shots per nuker to kill a mob. at 82 adena x2 per shot thats 164 adenaa  times x 10 shots were talking 1640 adena spent. if there are no taxes. then take into account spirit ores and everything else needed to run a party and thats if you have only two guys nuking...no one on crowd control . its a net loss no matter what. there shouldnt be a net loss for hunting anywhere in game. you should be rewarded by hunting.

Edited by daraiders

16 minutes ago, Juji said:

The dev team is continuing to make adjustments to the game content for the Classic Server after receiving many requests from players to update low level content. The world raid bosses below will have their drops renewed and difficulty level scaled up to level 85 next week:

And if you make those Raids lvl 85, how are Debuff landing ? Even now Debuff dont work on them, only Cuse of Abyss, and when u make them lvl 85, they will resist even that ;d
And how much HP STATS u gonna add to them ? @Juji

16 minutes ago, Juji said:

Make them pvp zone and increase the hp of raids so 1-2 full destros cannot kill them , Also pvp zone for people have fight for that . Make pvp alive again

54 minutes ago, Juji said:

Hello All,

The following hunting zones had permanent reductions to monster attack power during the 5/20 maintenance to help increase player survivability while hunting:

• Giant’s Cave
  • Forgotten Island
  • Imperial Tomb
  • Kertra Orc Outpost
  • Varka Silenos Barracks
  • Dragon Valley
  • Antharas’ Lair

In addition, we also increased the Adena drops for Level 76+ monsters by roughly 16%. Please share your feedback regarding these changes here in this thread.

Can you guys check out the adena drop in Forgotten Island since i'm farming there for 2 weeks now and after the maintanance the adena drop actually looks lower than before? Thanks.

1 hour ago, Juji said:

So, Classic becomes new Live... Seriously? Sad.

RIP Classic...

We also need back the ability to sell our materials to the NPC if we choose so, it would be a nice source of income even with the adena rates as they are today. Or give us a system to change them for something useful.

Since the change that made the mats worthless to the NPC's you can see shops in giran buying "expencive" materials at a low price, they know that in order for someone to make some kind of income they will sell.

have some suggestions I would like to share with everyone here. THESE ARE JUST SUGGESTION MAYBE ONLY ONE OR TWO OF THEM WILL CATCH THE EYE OF ADMINS AS LEGIT SUGGESTIONS.

First of all after introducing new changes to bosses please monitor their difficulty and if they are not too strong.

Now some ideas:

1. Classic area called „Ruins of agony“ is a little bit similar to lineage 2 essence game mode, just has less mobs. I guess devs intention was to make it easy for new players to start with some auto-farming. This is not the case in NA region. For example in Giran server high level players are farming that zone with large amount of low level toons. This doesn‘t help neither new players neither server economy.

I would suggest lowering adena drop in that specific area and increase monster spawn times and to compensate adena balance in the server to increase adena drops for 82+ lvl monsters so high level players can just farm adena in their level zones.

For beginners together with new 1-39 starter pack, to add 40-60 starter packs and 60-70 and make it easy to find, maybe move them to missions as reward for reaching certain levels.

2.Add transformation seal books to buy for l2coins with limit each day (1-2 per day). Reasoning: transformations are one if not most powerful thing in classic now during the pvp and pve and people who get lucky during lootbox events and get legendary transforms too fast are at unfair advantage.

3.Change it up in „Tomb of ancient pirates“ special hunting zone a.k.a. „goldberg instance“. This zone now is just play running simulator with gold butler spawning each hour and giving keys for goldberg boss, i think it should be made that actually killing monsters in the zone would have small chance to spawn gold bug butler. Simply put work for the keys, less keys but boost boss rewards.

4.Possibility to have two sieges giran/Goddard and dimensional siege for Aden castlem, TI vs Giran would excite many players.

5.3x3 Olympiad, already exists in essence, why not in classic also, with some goodies for victory like shiny jewel box.

6.If possible add more content for solo players like have few higher level options for Aden town „dungeon of abyss“ like 50-60, 60-70, 70-80,80+ options with harder monsters and various rewards. Like exp scrolls, fruits, low chance for weapons armors etc.

Edited by WutWutWut
grammar

3 hours ago, Juji said:

excelent change Juji !, lvl 40 and 50 RB was for one or two guys with 60 toons killing a RB only for he. this is the only way to get a real PVE RB, not a guy killing a RB lvl 75 alone... Classic is great for RB for group events, was a good idea upgrade the lvl to 85, now u have to do two things: first the attack and hp of RB, does not have to be high, and two, the debuff, since the update of KAMAEL you cant see the debuff in mobs and that was a very very bad idea, and u cant debuff a RB. 

Edited by Ank

17 hours ago, WutWutWut said:

1. Classic area called „Ruins of agony“ is a little bit similar to lineage 2 essence game mode, just has less mobs. I guess devs intention was to make it easy for new players to start with some auto-farming. This is not the case in NA region. For example in Giran server high level players are farming that zone with large amount of low level toons. This doesn‘t help neither new players neither server economy.

I would suggest lowering adena drop in that specific area and increase monster spawn times and to compensate adena balance in the server to increase adena drops for 82+ lvl monsters so high level players can just farm adena in their level zones.

On Giran it's nearly impossible to get the ROA newbie quest done. There are at least three clans worth of bots there running 24/7 with two light elf summoners on each spot spamming away. They so badly need to roll through there and do some mass banning it's ridiculous. I finally got a friend to give the game a try and he was unable to complete his ROA quest and he noped right out of the game at that point. Can't blame him as litterly 30 minutes into his first time playing the game he reached an impossible to complete quest that is an important part of his newbie chain. ,..

Remove the adena completely from that area and let the newbies get their quests done.

Edited by Tool_of_Society

On 5/22/2020 at 12:44 PM, Juji said:

Hello All,

• Giant’s Cave
  • Forgotten Island
  • Imperial Tomb
  • Kertra Orc Outpost
  • Varka Silenos Barracks
  • Dragon Valley
  • Antharas’ Lair

Those reductions are still not enough in my opinion. Mobs in those areas are still hitting entirely too hard to make for viable grinding spots. 16% increase in adena still isn't enough to break even on shot cost either. All of the reductions and adena increases need to be doubled at least @Juji

Edited by Play2own

13 hours ago, Tool_of_Society said:

On Giran it's nearly impossible to get the ROA newbie quest done. There are at least three clans worth of bots there running 24/7 with two light elf summoners on each spot spamming away. They so badly need to roll through there and do some mass banning it's ridiculous. I finally got a friend to give the game a try and he was unable to complete his ROA quest and he noped right out of the game at that point. Can't blame him as litterly 30 minutes into his first time playing the game he reached an impossible to complete quest that is an important part of his newbie chain. ,..

Remove the adena completely from that area and let the newbies get their quests done.

Not only giran, but talking island as well. I'll quit, since leveling is a pain in the ass due those clans and bots, and it seems that at higher levels will be the the same or worse, there is no point to keep trying.

Either they increase drastically the adena drop at high levels, and punish fiercely those high levels who go to bot flooding low level zones, or this will be dead as no new players will be here. Sadly, since quarantine is the best chance NCsoft has to save l2. I'm putting no cash in a game that doesn't guarantee to keep progressing. If high levels players go to farm at low level, it means that high level drop need to be increased. Then, only botters left will be adena sellers. And to get rid of them: ban them, ban their ips, crush their accounts as a destro would crush their skulls. They are no real players, just ppl making profit of the game, wasting space a real player could use.

Guys u shouldnt want everything easy. Those whales u mentioned grinded theur asses off to reach the levels nescesary to farm LoA/DV.

Elemental zones are good for leveling  up to 84.

At 84 - 85 depending on gear, try loa.

Its the best xp in the game. With gemstone and top a grade drops.

Its not meant to be easy. You are either gonna be 84+ with super gear to solo there, or with decent gear in a party.

You shouldnt be able to farm loa before 84 easy in this server the way its setup.

Stick to elemental zones and level up, make the most of this event  get dolls, enchant ur armors and weapons, and then try LoA.

I hope they dont nerf LoA even more. Its the only place really for 85+ to lvl up but definitely not the only place for <84.

Adena drops were pretty good during the last adena boost event and i hope to see some permanent increase in the servers adena rate. Or at least the high lvl zones in order to make them meaningful.

I domt know what server u have been playing, but u can easy and quick level up to 83 in elemental zones, and 84 also with a bit more patience.

I grinded my ass of in fog up to 85.

84 to 85 takes some time, bit up to 84, its quick and actually got really cheap too at 84 since i didnt even need to use shots anymore.

Theres ways to make adena in this server to sustain ur farming.

Yes i farm in loa. As soon as i turned 85 i had to manage farming there as theres no other way to progress at this lvl.

All the way up to 84 u can easily level up in fog. Xp does not moce at 85 if ur still in elemental zones, but goes up pretty good in the high lvl zones loke loa. 

I dont understand why u wanna bring 82+ in here and half the server. More than half the mobs in here are still too hard for 85s and will be the next stage.

80-83 have very little difference in xp needed to level. And level 84 is only 3,3 times more xp thsn level 83.

I had jo oroblrm grinding for months to get here and u guys want this to be handed to u in a silver platter. Maybe l2 classic isnt for u...

Also to add to it, u realoze that in loa i can go from 80 to 85 in two weeks time ? That sounds normal to u? Theres a reason the zone is so hard.... too much xp reward.

This is not normal l2 and shouldnt be accessible to everyone to do this. Be patient and level up as intended.