Quality of Life Changes & Events for Lineage II Classic

Juji

The Hunting Xp boost past 75 is good, I imagine the drop rate is Ok, I wouldn't know, as the only areas it is possible to hunt in and still get ok xp is in the attribute zones that don't drop anything.

If you really want to know where the areas that need improvement are, log into game and take a look, there is no-one in devils island, toi is next to empty and these are ment to be mid 70 solo hunting zones, I went in with good support and a front room mob hit me for 5k, 4 and 5x hp mobs don't need to hit for 4 and 5 times what they normally would, and I think that, and the really crappie drops are hurting this game, giants cave is a joke, at 78 as I am now, I should be looking at giants cave as a place to hunt, but all the high areas have these issues, either mobs you can kill that wont  drop anything, or mobs that you can take 1 v 1 unless they crit you. 

this has been reported by loads of others, loads of times, with a lot of players unable to farm the gear needed for s grade, its unlikely we will be able to successfully hunt in most areas

if your new craft system, make gems a and s easier to get hold of, as well as cloth, magic tablets and any other needed parts. your still will suffer unless you reduce the attack power of the high area mobs

For be playable and friendly with new ppl and with high lvl i think we need this change:

1) attendance event -> make it forever, a part of game, give a good boost exp, item ss etc

2) totally fix area like varka/ketra/gc/fi 5/6X mobs/imperial tomb

3) increase drop rate adena for a 50-100% after level 75 cause we cant kill 80+ mobs 5/6X and take 800 adena

4) increase 2000 soul ore and 50 ticket ss from adena shop ( free under lvl 40 )

5) create some instance like kamaloka or similar where ppl can do it solo or in party with good item drop ( cloth, tablet, evo stone, eaa, eas etc )

Edited by Teon
  • Like 4

This week was really good. The changes very well received, many new players have returned to l2.

Some hunting grounds are still limited to a few players. Wherever you go to try Upar it seems that all the places are busy (75+), but this is good if you are players and not bots making this is good.

In itself the last week was very good, the event is being the best of all (Dice), I see players very happy when they get lucky in this mini-game, We talk about the excitement of rolling the dice, we laugh. I have long missed this joy in my friends.

Thank you!

Regarding the changes under test, still provisional as a hunting zone, (XP / SP Drop) 75+, I thought it was fantastic, because it stimulated the people to want to level up, want more, different from the abandonment that they saw in charters when 78+

Feedback from my point of view:

- While the effort to make some grade appropriate armor and weapons available is appreciated...

Armor:
The amount of cloths for S grade is insane. Given the most recent prices of cloths of 8-25 mil EACH (was 8 prior to this event giving S armor) :
* Drac Light or Arcana robes ~ Body 47 cloths,  Helm 14 cloth, Gloves 10 cloth, Boots, 10 cloths = Total 81 cloths = 648 mil - 2.025 bil adena to unseal
* Imp Cruisador Heavy - Upper Body 38, Lower Body 24, Gloves 10, Boots 10, Helm, 14 = 96 Cloths (wtf) = 768 mil - 2.4 bil adena to unseal.
Even with how things were way back in the day, unsealing S grade wasn't that rediculas of a price.

Weapons: 
It is appreciated that the ability to obtain S weps for MOST CLASSES is possible here is one thing that is highly off:
* Tallum Blade * Dark Legions Edge Dualswords (S Duals)
These are needed for anyone (though it may be few there are still a few) who wish to main class a SPECTRAL DANCER or DUALIST. At this point I've tried to make a pair 8 times and failed each time. Yes I understand the wish to make them more rare then A grade, but this is far from balanced compared to all the other classes being able to obtain any other weapon. And Dualists and Dancers REQUIRE the dualswords in order to even use their skills at all.

- Epic raids....

Lowering the HP seems to me kinda dumb, these are EPICS they should take longer to kill. Removing the Requirement to PORT INTO an epic is also kinda dumb. There used to eb sooo many epic PVPs to gain access into Baium, Antharas and Zaken. These should not have been moved out of their normal homes and the doors removed.

With how fast it is to power through to lvl 40-52 Lower level raids such as Core, Ant Queen and Orfen would highly benefit from a level and stat increase. A single high level orc full skilled should not be able to kill 95% of the health of an Epic in a matter of seconds even before a barrier goes off.

- Drops...

These NEED to be ADDED back to the drop tables in all the high level areas, the cost of ore and shots is exorbitant and not receiving any drops whatsoever is what causes the huge server population of farming groups who live in a single spot for months just trying to make enough adena for the main characters of those farmers to afford to hunt in other locations.. 

Hello everyone,

This event gave the opportunity to several players to enjoy the game in almost all aspects, something that each of us looks for, this event has created harmony in the party to farm and fight with the enemy clans, something that has not happened since very much, the server had become afk xp and pk ponies war.
Having adena in your pocket a player is more inclined to develop, and for you maybe (ncsoft west) to increase your income, because a happy customer is a customer who returns to buy.

Regards.

reading other comment and hearing just what other players say, I think personaly there are 3 problems

1, Adena and drops, this is very important, and need to change

this can be changed, everyone has played illegal servers where  drop rate can be change overnight, the events we have had prove this, and adding adena to mobs isn't much harder either. you can sort this out

2, high level areas that aren't attributes farms, need there attack power reducing, 

high hp for raids and high level areas isn't the problem, if they one shot you, everyone will be hit by a mob, this will help spread out the players and give people time and room to level

3, elite level components need to be easier to get.

didn't know about the cloth needed for sgrade, and now I do I can see why very few people have any, 

why not make elite level mats available from the coin store, the brooches and bracelets are nice (despite blowing the talisman on mana going to +1 4 times), but rewarding players that play with the mats there characters need to progress by playing the game

I'm still not sure what they are trying to accomplish with the cloth stuff. I thought at first it was an attempt at limiting the usage of A grade to keep B grade gear prices afloat but that's not been a thing for a month now at least. B grade prices have already cratered and even sealed A grade stuff is cheap now. The only thing preventing more usage of A grade is the cloth cost. Also a grade weapon runes requiring 100something a grade gems isn't helping either (love how they SIGNIFICANTLY upped the required number a while back AFTER all the botters got their weapons)...

The difference after the nerf is so disappointing. The rates only make the gap larger between top ptw players and the rest of the server. If you really want to prevent inflation, then do something with roa and catacombs bots. Maybe make them drop nothing and add better untradeable reward to the quests, like timed b grade sets and weapons. Roa 7-day top c weapon, gorgon 30 day accessories, death pass 30 day b armor set, ant nest 30 day top b weapon. 

Raid bosses dropping accessory boxes have increased the raid boss competition and brought more activity. I believe that it'd be a great idea to keep this in the drop table.
This would encourage players to create balanced sides and fight for raid bosses

At least on Talking Island server nothing changed. The other clan side didn't flagged once, when did, was by mistake while they were trying to overbuff the orcs to lose the PVE bônus buff.

Talking Island has no serious competition, no wars, no pvps (even with 0% loss events / feathers 100% ress). People only care to overgear DD/ orc  classes to /attack the bosses, It's a kind of farming simulator: L2 Version.

The Rare acessory box event were basically who cancels the other clan gate chant at the boss and overbuff the enemy orc with useless EE/ PP buffs. People who liked it, was because they didn't need to camp and kill na epic boss. Putting epic jewels to drop/ win in events demotivates he people who invest time leveling, gearing and camping bosses for 30+ hours, making it's value of rarity drops considerable. People who have never went to Ant Nest kill the Epic Ant Queen boss have the jewels.

The adena bost was good, but need to expand adena drop to all elemental zones if you want people to start using S grade weapons instead of mid/ top C weapons for economy in Spirit/soulshots.

Imperial Tomb even with the nerf on mobs attacks are still unfarmable, can't stand inside a room, needing to lure mobs 1 by 1 carefully to not agro the others, w/o mentioning the 1 shot kill on mages and 3 shots on tanks.

3 hours ago, RuanChateaubriand said:

The Adena / Spoil 150% drop was OK, I'm bringing my feedback! If possible, come back with this change permanently, such as claiming "Server Fix"! Thanks in advance! @Hime and @Juji

+1 the game was great with that boost adena we were able to buy something the economy will be going crazy again atm i do 30 % benefice farm only with the boost i had some adena to refill now it will be hard. 

the boost xp at lvl 75 was good too for new player if you want to had some content 80 it will be good to add a this boost until lvl 85 perma and to 85 to 90 normal exp

thanks for the pk chars the life on the server is better 

1) Drop/xp rates: seriously? that low?

2) Farming/xping areas: Devil's , Giant's Cave , Imperial , etc : mobs' hp and power must be regulated

3) Mini game : winning Antharas WITH lucky number - winning FEATHERS and POTIONS? really? thnx a lot

4) Cloths: I'll say nothing, you know, read other posts.

5) Raids: plz, make them RAIDS again, it's such a shame

6) Scripters: i though it was forbidden. I guess not, as they exist

7) Bots : you know the problem, i have nothing to say

8) If you want $ that much, put a fee/month and be done with the p2p state of mind

Bring life to the server, make L2 great again. 

Edited by Vampriela

XP /adena rates were great, was nice to make some money & especially helpful to revitalize the market. I could actually use shots to farm, which has not been possible for a long time. Saw a lot of enthusiasm / revitalization of the player base, including increased buy-in from new players. Raid bosses? No idea, because (and I know this probably won't be listened to..or anything done about it) there's one guy on Giran that literally uses scripts to kill all the raid bosses with 3rd party software. 

5 hours ago, Justadwarf said:

Raid bosses? No idea, because (and I know this probably won't be listened to..or anything done about it) there's one guy on Giran that literally uses scripts to kill all the raid bosses with 3rd party software. 

Yup,exactly that. And that is the tip of the iceberg. If GM's were to check out patriots necropolis, necropolis of devotion and disciple. SIlent valley, lair of antharas... All filled to the brim with bots. It is easy to spot, auto hunt is not that functional. And if there were none in particular room and you do get the spot, guy logs in PK pony and kill afk kills you saying this is his private room. This issue needs to addressed. Like handing out 1000 character bans for starters. That should make a dent in bot numbers. 

Hello

In regard to raid boss difficulty and increasing adena drop and the item drop/spoils rate the special event that was running for two weeks it solve many economic issues that we have lately on the server.

XP should be increased and stay permanently (50%)

Since players can make/earn adena easier because server luck of adena drop rate at this moment Development team should change system and keep adena drop rate at least between 70-100 % (150 too much)

PVE hunting zone gave as the opportunity to hunt on these areas but, if you check places are still empty, in my opinion you have to consider not only to reduce Physical/Magical damage that monster receive but also to reduce Physical/Magical damage that players receive from monster because damage from monster is still very high

·         Giant's Cave (Lv. 76 ~ Lv. 80)

·         Forgotten Island (Lv. 79 ~ Lv. 82)

·         Imperial Tomb (Lv. 78 ~ Lv. 82)

Varka/Ketra still empty because rewards/XP is not the best.

Dev team also must consider to change places like Varka/Ketra/Forgotten Island because the distance between the monsters is very long. Monsters should spawn in groups with the desired range.

·         Long dinstance between monsters exists also on Wind Plateau and Wall of Argos

·         There are many spots at hunting zone like “Forge of the gods & Wall of argos” that many mobs stuck on rocks and auto hunting system is impossible to target/kill.

Raid bosses accessory boxes have increased the competition between players but Epic bosses should change to 80 level

Max capacity 9 windows.

I am not going to mention nothing about anniversary event since everyone is pleased.

Take a look on everyone’s post inside here because most of them have point and is from people who care about server.

Too many pony boots is almost impossible to hunt. Adena is too low(u can't buy nothing without making a lot of accounts and let it hunt forever), SS are too expensive, and not worth buying it from L2 store. High Grade páck should not be limited to 1 per acc.  Also can't sell anything to npcs it doesnt help at all new players.

Edited by MiniBacon

personaly, i love it. i was able to make some savings and farm with ss:D

hope it will be implemented again..

also, the 7 clients limit is really welcomed. Thank you Juji

@Hime @Juji 

we need events with clan items, Blood crystals are near of imposible, just with clan arena one time every week and with % of drop from chest is a trash, we need a best way to get this item, i have a year trying to upgrade the clan skills and nothing...

another good event is red libra, we need more times of this event and upgrade the items to sell, we need advance and stable enchants for D, C and B items, so make that items available for NPC to sell in this event, believe me is the only way to get this items.

Edited by Ank

15 minutes ago, Ank said:

@Hime @Juji 

we need events with clan items, Blood crystals are near of imposible, just with clan arena one time every week and with % of drop from chest is a trash, we need a best way to get this item, i have a year trying to upgrade the clan skills and nothing...

another good event is red libra, we need more times of this event and upgrade the items to sell, we need advance and stable enchants for D, C and B items, so make that items available for NPC to sell in this event, believe me is the only way to get this items.

in other regions red libra featured blood crystals, when it comes next time maybe we can get
basically red libra event is developers way of trying to fix economy

• Like 1