Forums

Adena

saw some old Live photos, and while I can find a lot at 42 fighting in dragon vally was getting 420 adena in a duo, at 60 in a Necropolis was getting 1000adena a kill, in a 5 man party

I haven't seen anything like that adena dropping in "classic" so can a GM explain Why adena drop rates are so low?, 

copy.jpgShot00012_1.jpg

Edited by Mprt

Not sure when those screenshots were taken. Back in real classic aka old live servers I used to pole arm a lot in the cata/necros with huge trains. So not only were you getting far more adena per mob but you could also kill 20 or so at a time with a SOLO pole arm user. My warsmith got a lot of action that way as I pushed to higher and higher numbers of mobs per pull as a kind of "high score". Nothing was as satisfying as "landing" a huge pull properly so that your swings hit all the mobs. Crit stun on my pole and oldschool VR barely keeping me alive with some SE heals. The seven signs related drops allowed for even more profit as you could sell the ancient adena to the whales. Seven signs was an interesting aspect of the game and allowed for some shenanigans and more player related interactions.

Edited by Tool_of_Society

Dragon valley was c1, I think the other was c3, I wasn’t 75 till just before noble came in, or the hero’s, it’s been awhile lol. And yes this was before we worked out the multi room pulls, I Remember the 70+ catas dropping 2-4K a mob, and that’s my point, if this is based on classic undated, why reduce the arena rates

7 hours ago, Mprt said:

Dragon valley was c1, I think the other was c3, I wasn’t 75 till just before noble came in, or the hero’s, it’s been awhile lol. And yes this was before we worked out the multi room pulls, I Remember the 70+ catas dropping 2-4K a mob, and that’s my point, if this is based on classic undated, why reduce the arena rates

An upgrade to my spellsinger's weapon meant I needed higher grade shots than my WS was capable of crafting. The WS was on my main account so I used my SE and OL (tried zerk was mostly bad) accounts to support out of party. Started off small got addicted quickly resulting in ever increasing attempts at in game suicide. I still have the +4 Orcish Poleaxe I used for most of the leveling. For some reason it's SA is "death" now. The full plate I used is a bit lower in the warehouse.

Screenshot of old gear

Any pole with crit stun ruled, lol I remember pulling 4 rooms in patriots I think, the 70+ one with a clan titan and he used frenzy then guts on alt pulls, died so much at one stage he said he had 100KK sp spair.

yeah found some old pics of my SPS, god I wish I could move its gear over lol