Baium Talismans next week?

Teon

The problem is that too much things will be pointless after that. Having a clan hall to buy talisman crystal will be pointless, the 2 hard groups of toi will be useless cuz energy of insolense will not worth anything. Cristals D where used to make elemental stones, then will be no use for cry D. Baium soul was an expensive items, now will be worthless. You will be giving an item that was valued in 2 2,5b ingame just for free, just for 80+ players, almost 2k chars will have a free permanent item that worth like an antharas lvl 2. This has no logic, breaking the market for no reason.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Juji said:

It is a Talisman of Baium in the package, but the talisman is NOT tradable. You also get 2 Talisman of Baium enchant scrolls with the package, but enchants can fail at +1. The enchant scrolls are NOT tradable either, but can be used on the Tradable version of the Talisman of Baium.

image.png

image.pngimage.png

Stats for Enchanted Talisman of Baium:
Note: +2 is the most you can enchant up to for now since scrolls are not tradable and there are no additional ways to acquire them outside the 1 per account package.

Enchant Level

Enchant Effect

P. Atk. +16, M. Atk. +23, CON/MEN +1, Cooldown -1%

P. Atk. +50, M. Atk. +57, DEX/WIT/CON/MEN +1, Skill Power +1%, Cooldown -2%

P. Atk. +92, M. Atk. +99, STR/INT/DEX/WIT/CON/MEN +1, Skill Power +1%, P./M. Critical Rate +10, Cooldown -3%

P. Atk. +142, M. Atk. +149, STR/INT/DEX/WIT/CON/MEN +1, Damage Magic Resistance +2%, Skill Power +2%, P./M. Critical Rate +20, Cooldown -4%

P. Atk. +201, M. Atk. +208, STR/INT/DEX/WIT/CON/MEN +1, Damage Magic Resistance +5%, Skill Power +3%, P./M. Critical Rate +30, Cooldown -7%

That will be the same like "Starter Packge (Lv. 1 - 39)"? like, you can buy that on char 40+, but cannot use... so, "Talisman of Baium Enchant Package Event" can be purchased for char 80- (like a char level 60 for exemple) but not being able to be used until you reach the required (80) level?

I see it as something welcome for the server. I have been on the server since the start (October 2018). At that time, raising a character to level 70-75 took 6 months. Now you can do that in less than a month. Was that unfair to you at the beginning? NCSOFT cannot favor all players, but it can favor MOST players. This is part of the game.

5 minutes ago, OVerlordRs said:

I see it as something welcome for the server. I have been on the server since the start (October 2018). At that time, raising a character to level 70-75 took 6 months. Now you can do that in less than a month. Was that unfair to you at the beginning? NCSOFT cannot favor all players, but it can favor MOST players. This is part of the game.

Exactly.

You want to be first to have have certain things, you pay alot. You dont care to be first and are willing to wait a bit, you get it cheaper. Has always been like that and totally makes sence. We dont need 5 chars on a server owning everything. You need a "balanced" (lol) server to have fun fights.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ladyG said:

Exactly.

You want to be first to have have certain things, you pay alot. You dont care to be first and are willing to wait a bit, you get it cheaper. Has always been like that and totally makes sence. We dont need 5 chars on a server owning everything. You need a "balanced" (lol) server to have fun fights.

But this was not an event item, it is an item grinded and need a lot of items that will become useless. Items that are in game not by purchase. then u can have free cloths pieces if you are lvl 80... its like that

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pegaso said:

But this was not an event item, it is an item grinded and need a lot of items that will become useless. Items that are in game not by purchase. then u can have free cloths pieces if you are lvl 80... its like that

grinded how? visa does not equal grind

6 hours ago, Ank said:

i understand the frustration for the ppl who have this item (top players) but im happy because a casual player like me would have this powerful item, ty NCOSFT. xD is a big punch to p2w players xD

completely agree. thiss update made the divide between the p2w player and your average wallet extremely noticeable. this isnt hardcore or casual tho. this is p2w vs the average player. Thiss game wasnt supposed to be p2w. It was suppossed to be grind to win. Many of grind way more thant the p2w guys but their wallets win in the end. For me this is one way the developers have clossed that gap slightly. Im not on board with most things ncsoft does but this i am. the vip10 thing is a freaking travesty. massive gains for the p2w elite.

• Like 1

Stop complaining. It will not hurt the economy, nor it will be unfair. Consider this as a kind of reward to players that have been here since the beggining of Classic. And no, I'm not talking about the ones that spend tons of NC Coins. Besides it's a promotion and eventually will come back later in game as most are. Relax.

6 hours ago, Pandoras said:

Stop complaining. It will not hurt the economy, nor it will be unfair. Consider this as a kind of reward to players that have been here since the beggining of Classic. And no, I'm not talking about the ones that spend tons of NC Coins. Besides it's a promotion and eventually will come back later in game as most are. Relax.

It is unfair. a lot of players didn't had the chance to lvl up to 80 because there were a lot of people who was pking on high zones and it's not that easy to level up. I start playing since server start and doesn't think this is a reward for that kind of players, if this were the case they should have picked the creation date from the character.

23 hours ago, Pandoras said:

I've been here since day one of classic. Hell I've been here since closed beta for the original classic. I'm not 80 right now because of the botted up PKers and having lost quite a lot of XP trying level 80 content. So I'm going to miss out on this mostly thanks to the incompetent game balance that allowed EMs to run free PKing while mounted with the ability to teleport away anytime they were remotely threatened. Game "balance" that was so set on forcing people to throw thousands of real dollars at RNG that it made level 80 content hit stupid hard in A grade while not providing nearly enough in drops to pay for shot usage. Since I refuse to bot that means I've been at a disadvantage this whole time as a result...

EDIT : Yeah I'm pretty bitter at this move as it's not likely I'll be 80 in time to benefit. I'm already mad braw about the last major "update" that ruined the UI and screwed up the game in general (which resulted in the last of my game friends quitting). These recent changes have tempted me back but I'm still just butthurt enough to be on the verge of quitting for good.

Edited by Tool_of_Society

On 4/28/2020 at 7:54 PM, Juji said:

The Talisman of Baium (Imprint) will be permanent once you claim it and will NOT be deleted at the end of the event.

Great another advantage granted to the botters and RMTers. Botting up PK ponies to keep others from leveling up is really paying off for them.

I've spent the last half a year leveling in an area that was green light purple to me (using the old color system that was actually useful and not the current useless system which shows white when the mobs are blue or red). I leveled there because I couldn't afford shots on two dps let alone A grade gear. When I did try to do stuff appropriate for my level range I was either ganked by a pony or I died to the mobs as the macro/autohunt system cannot account for damage spikes etc that a bare bones bot would easily handle. Either way heading to proper areas for my level was a great way to lose days of work. So I started a second group dedicated to farming adena so I could try to get some A grade and other upgrades in the hopes that would allow me to farm appropriate mobs for my level. Even my main accounts have a secondary farm group for those times where I wanted to rage quit the game due to the terrible balance on my mains. My "nerd rage" stems from the realization I would of been better off just blowing the money on shots instead of A-grade armor for the tank and 3 main dps. Then I wouldn't be 30-50% short of the requirement for this huge performance improving talisman. One of those talismans is more of an improvement than the A gear for sure. Being so close to such a massive upgrade and knowing I'll never get it is "nerd rage" inducing. Combined with the anger over the terrible choices made in game design and balancing it's making it real hard for me to not just delete L2 completely and move on to a game that isn't so ....

I completely understand why you don't want to hand this out to everyone hence the level requirement. I just wanted to to give feedback on how this effects one long time player. How much it sucks to be almost there after grinding from day one of the server's creation...

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/23/2020 at 6:07 PM, Juji said:

This was something the Dev requested if we were to use this item at such a low price for L2 Coin. It will be available for 4 weeks though.

"LOW PRICE"?!   lol

Please tell the DEV's they suck at their jobs, btw.

4 hours ago, Nevermind said:

You had a lot of time to get there. Or you want get all top items on lvl 1?

I have gotten there, on multiple toons.

I'm concerned about the new players, the item should remain in store until they reach 80 and are able to claim it. This should not be a temp item that just makes strong players even stronger.