Live Server Maintenance: Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Hime

On 4/30/2020 at 9:59 PM, Get2ThePoint said:

Why are you conflating this with how quickly an archer or nuker kills versus a melee type? That's how the game is designed. A stacked archer should be able to kill faster than any melee type. No different than a guy with a machine gun being able to kill faster than a guy with a machete. Whether it's 1 adena per kill or 1M, at the end of the hour a melee will walk off battlefield with lighter purse than an archer. Those are just basic facts and mechanics of game. If you don't like it, re-roll.

Again for the special needs section, this is NOT about class or station. It is about NCSoft hurting players by having such low adena drops in all areas. IOS was an oasis in the desert...until they nerfed it. Some lesser minds think reducing drop amount helps them, but in the end it hurts everybody.

This is probably the dumbest post I have seen in a LONG time.  First, you actually have the audacity to compare a game to real world combat; second you equate a BOW AND ARROW to a real life machine gun when........ wait for it........ there already IS a real world weapon you can compare an in-game bow and arrow to, a @#$ing bow and arrow (really; you didn't think of that).  So yeah, lets go ahead and run with your horrible analogy.  So you're telling me someone with a BOW AND ARROW is going to be able to kill someone faster IRL from 50-100 yards than someone standing right next to them with a broadsword?  And how does this real world archer AOE exactly?  Come on man; really?

And again; even if we accept that an Archer/Nuker "should" be able to make more adena than a melee I'll go ahead and ask you point blank; should it be by degrees of magnitude?  Because prior to this fix it wasn't 2x as much, or 3x; it was literally 10x (maybe even more).  You really don't think that is a structural problem?

Edited by Rodah
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, Jenaveave said:

In mini-game, when you land on a circle, it now says Event Award = 0

I usually get this when i land on the spot that send you back if you losse. even if the place you land after being sended back should give gift, usually give you the "Event award=0"

48 minutes ago, frankznbeanz said:

@juji yall can take the meaningless bullcrap we get from beating the bosses on aden tour and out of the chests that rarely drop. whats the point of getting the 1600 coins from beating the game? you can only buy so many dice. 

I laugh so hard now when I beat the boss and all I get is buff or xp/sp items that I don't need. And I already know that when the "event" is over I'm going to have tons of coins that aren't used. The least they could do is have a separate Anniversary store where you could use the coins to buy armor, weapons, jewels, artifacts, brooch, cloaks, dragon/cursed weapon fragments, claws, blood, etc., etc. Not saying that everyone would win enough to be able to buy the top items with the anniversary coins, but give us something to shoot for.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Rodah said:

And again; even if we accept that an Archer/Nuker "should" be able to make more adena than a melee I'll go ahead and ask you point blank; should it be by degrees of magnitude?  Because prior to this fix it wasn't 2x as much, or 3x; it was literally 10x (maybe even more).  You really don't think that is a structural problem?

Have to side with the other guy. I have played archer and nuker since C1. I don't know any melee class my level, not even a dagger, grand khav or evis that kills faster than me. Order of magnitude? Maybe not 1000x, but I wipe out 2-3 groups of mobs now in seconds while they are still trying to finish their 3rd or 4th mob in the first group. I have to be patient when hunting near melee fighters, because I know that I could clear out the entire area by myself. If I was a greedy player, I would. But I'm not.

Is it right? Should it be this way? Only L2 Devs can answer that question for you. This is what they wanted and only they can change that. In the past measures were taken to slow down archers and nukers. I won't be surprised when they do it again.

Maybe for now take comfort that Tyrs are getting some love this update. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SirKiller said:

even when with the queues to be able to play, it seems a beta game that you have to wait to enter, when they are going to fix that problem, I cannot understand that you have to wait almost 4 hours to enter.

To wait for 4 hours to log in and to be disconnected after 30 minutes to wait for another 4 hours. Shit.

• Like 1

Recently, upon rez after death, the soul shot boxes are disappearing and deactivating from skills menu.  When this happens, there is no way to turn them back on.  You have to restart your character on your account.

9 minutes ago, Lucascink said:

Can someone tell me, why does the event give so many anniversary coins if you can only buy a few dice with them? ... Or will they be used for an upcoming event? Thank you...

Answer = > NCwest aka NCfail didn't uploaded the full Anniversary Event as other regions had. Once again they reduced  Rewards and all means of free items to be in line their Money grabbing policies :) 

As we have seen many times in the past, the anniversary coins will just be deleted at the end with out any explanation from the Customer service :P 

• Thanks 1

On 29/4/2020 at 6:41 AM, Chanix said:

Evolution,

Things seem to be moving in the right direction, it's not always easy, but it's important to say it when things are positive, and the main thing and to have fun.
Thank you to your team and NC Soft for always continuing to move forward.
Take care of yourself and your families.

Merci, Gratitude, Appréciation, Apprécier

What?? jajaja lol

• Haha 1

Hello

@Juji I have two questsions,

What is going to happen if :

1. disable char creation on NAIA/CHRONOS

2. create a new server or servers (with boost xp) 

3. merge the server with optional server of choice. when this ends

can you propose that to the dev team?? 

thanks

most important: Do a ban hhammer to all bots******

Edited by Methodical
most important

17 minutes ago, Methodical said:

Hello

@Juji I have two questsions,

What is going to happen if :

1. disable char creation on NAIA/CHRONOS

2. create a new server or servers (with boost xp) 

3. merge the server with optional server of choice. when this ends

can you propose that to the dev team?? 

thanks

most important: Do a ban hhammer to all bots******

The new servers would have the exact same problem, it's not like we have too many actives. 

With my calculations we wont be able go to 40th race on this event within 4 weeks you say @Juji and this event is not complete yet i am having almost 10k 16th coins how about to put an option so we can spend them into roses/dragon pots since we get dices from there too will be hard and incomplete get 40th race in 3 weeks now since one is over

• Like 3

• Juji unpinned this topic