Auto Pick-up

Alaesia

Hello! Is this possible that You will bring an auto pick up option to dev team? While farming with yul this feature could really help, and save some time to gather loot which fall down a bit far away from Your farm place. I know that some time ago You boosted a bit pick up range, but while there are range mobs it's still not enough, and if drop fall down to far away I'm not able to pick it up.

As Yul even if the loot is right next to them they still dont' pickup, far away forget it.  Yul/Nuker lose out on this "Auto Pick" because it never works at all so the little bit we can get from loot we don't get at all like Melee does.

40 minutes ago, Alaesia said:

Guys I don't need any advice what I should do... I just want an auto pick up feature, since we pick up adena anyway auto, so why not gather all craps we drop?

Because pick up has a range and as it says in the description it picks up items nearby. On future updates, pick up range is increased, but not enough. It will get better, but there is no pick up with 800 range :|

2 hours ago, Nymphadorae said:

Because pick up has a range and as it says in the description it picks up items nearby. On future updates, pick up range is increased, but not enough. It will get better, but there is no pick up with 800 range :|

Thats BS I can give you 100 screenshots of in a day something right next to my Yul and guess what it doesn't pickup it.  But if I hit the pickup key it does WITHOUT MOVING.  Pickup Feature is turned on.  I'll even toggle it off, then back on and it still won't pickup something right next to it.  Please don't give me "Its working if its nearby" because its NOT working.  There is no reason adena goes to inventory and drops can't they took 90% of the drops away now only thing that drops is what 5 crafting materials and thats it?  Telling me you can't turn on 100% auto straight to inventory illegal servers have had it for 10+ years.

4 hours ago, Alaesia said:

Guys I don't need any advice what I should do... I just want an auto pick up feature, since we pick up adena anyway auto, so why not gather all craps we drop?

Of course you do!

A long, long time ago I suggested that drops should automatically appear in the player's inventory. This was back when no one picked up anything and it only increased lag for some odd reason. Anyway, I was told that ranged characters needed to have some way to "slow them down", so having them pick up drops did that. Fast forward and least now we have adena going automatically to inventory. If they can do that, then they can have all of the other item drops go directly to inventory, too. It's silly that they didn't do that when they made the change for adena.

On 4/30/2020 at 3:34 PM, mixa said:

Get your iss to pick up or even oop char.

Yes most doing like this. People who kiling 2-3 spots (have dmg for that) - log 2-3 box parties for pickup drop (so 1dd log 6-9 acc just for pickup). And its "force" to log more acc - when we have login delay and lag. And here most important part of all this - drop also creating lag. Drops its like npc/pc - and not picked up drop from all map.. its a lot lag.

This drop not wort so much - so resurces and boxes can make pickup like adena - its not problem - and better for all.

Im also some month ago was login iss, tank, healer - just because need pick up drop. But most easy way - just make auto pick up - maybe will be less lags in server.

2 hours ago, Ambicija said:

Yes most doing like this. People who kiling 2-3 spots (have dmg for that) - log 2-3 box parties for pickup drop (so 1dd log 6-9 acc just for pickup). And its "force" to log more acc - when we have login delay and lag. And here most important part of all this - drop also creating lag. Drops its like npc/pc - and not picked up drop from all map.. its a lot lag.

This drop not wort so much - so resurces and boxes can make pickup like adena - its not problem - and better for all.

Im also some month ago was login iss, tank, healer - just because need pick up drop. But most easy way - just make auto pick up - maybe will be less lags in server.

These are outliers though.

Also there is a technically viable way to implement this on a last hit basis, just like adena, the other drops to be looted automatically.

2 minutes ago, mixa said:

These are outliers though.

Also there is a technically viable way to implement this on a last hit basis, just like adena, the other drops to be looted automatically.

Can be many different ways: last hit, last hit from party and random, and etc.

Im using macro mouse (for Feo) - and now half drop (even more) stay on ground. - and i make auto pick plus in skill bar pick up drop. I log just feo and iss.

I remember that  was done in one PVP server - and was ok. Not need spend time collecting drop (even auto pick up have delay, and in this moment can just hit skill, less lags.

That can solve some problems with lag - less drop on map, people not will be forced log acc for drop pick up.

It is true that the auto pick up feature doesnt work the same as when you click on the pick up skill with the mouse.. so many times i have stuff on the ground and i have to manually hit the pick up skill to actually pick up the items.