Is sws any good? Pls help with class pick

Hello. I used to play classic after launch, but i ended up quitting because of the lack of time. I see that the game now has auto hunt function so I am thinking of restarting. I have a lvl 52 pp with all books and a DA with some items that i will abandon now. I don't really wanna spend any money on the game so i was thinking to play support, and since i could use my sls +8 i thought i wanna go with sws. But is it any good? Is it usefull? Or is noone playing in teams anymore?

Also what do i do with mats i have on my dwarf?xD nobody seems to buy anything. 

Thanks for help in advance!

18 hours ago, DonnieBlunt said:

Hello. I used to play classic after launch, but i ended up quitting because of the lack of time. I see that the game now has auto hunt function so I am thinking of restarting. I have a lvl 52 pp with all books and a DA with some items that i will abandon now. I don't really wanna spend any money on the game so i was thinking to play support, and since i could use my sls +8 i thought i wanna go with sws. But is it any good? Is it usefull? Or is noone playing in teams anymore?

Also what do i do with mats i have on my dwarf?xD nobody seems to buy anything. 

Thanks for help in advance!

"is it any good" is so broad of a question to be useless. The SWS can be good and it could be bad depending on your requirements. It solos decently with buffs and can pretend to be a tank when leveling up to a point.

People are still playing in teams but is in your own self interest to be capable of running on your own. Parties are still a possibility as there are still real people leveling up so keep your eyes open on chat who you see.

"key mats" aka specific recipes and blades/shafts/design/etc don't really sell until at least b grade. Generic mats such as varnish/stems/cokes/etc do still sell but for a fraction of what the NPC used to pay.