Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
iAndouille

Question about Scammers

Recommended Posts

iAndouille    96

Dear @Juji  Dear @Hime

We all knows that the Gift system ingame is something not 100% safe and is based on the trust of people.

When someone Get scammed, he will either report it with screenshots or don't do anything

But this is not the question, my question is

Can i, as a hero in Chronos, Warn people about Some ppl that have scammed my friends or people i play with, by not paying after receiving a gift ingame.

I just wanna do my job of a good citizen and warn people so they dont get scam by the same person.

I am making this post because the "Scammers" want to report us just because we "WARNED" the people about their horrible scams. 

Thanks :) have a good day 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nymphadorae    131
1 hour ago, iAndouille said:

Can i, as a hero in Chronos, Warn people about Some ppl that have scammed my friends or people i play with, by not paying after receiving a gift ingame.

I just wanna do my job of a good citizen and warn people so they dont get scam by the same person.

Just because you're a good hero citizen, doesn't mean your information is reliable xD no offense

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
iAndouille    96
42 minutes ago, Nymphadorae said:

Just because you're a good hero citizen, doesn't mean your information is reliable xD no offense

I make sure to have reliable information before talking :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mixa    523
2 hours ago, iAndouille said:

Dear @Juji  Dear @Hime

We all knows that the Gift system ingame is something not 100% safe and is based on the trust of people.

When someone Get scammed, he will either report it with screenshots or don't do anything

But this is not the question, my question is

Can i, as a hero in Chronos, Warn people about Some ppl that have scammed my friends or people i play with, by not paying after receiving a gift ingame.

I just wanna do my job of a good citizen and warn people so they dont get scam by the same person.

I am making this post because the "Scammers" want to report us just because we "WARNED" the people about their horrible scams. 

Thanks :) have a good day 

You WILL get reported for sure and probably penalized.Public accusations of scam or anything are against the rules and also considered harassment.I do condone scams, but the rules are rules for a reason.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mystikal    86
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, iAndouille said:

Dear @Juji  Dear @Hime

We all knows that the Gift system ingame is something not 100% safe and is based on the trust of people.

When someone Get scammed, he will either report it with screenshots or don't do anything

But this is not the question, my question is

Can i, as a hero in Chronos, Warn people about Some ppl that have scammed my friends or people i play with, by not paying after receiving a gift ingame.

I just wanna do my job of a good citizen and warn people so they dont get scam by the same person.

I am making this post because the "Scammers" want to report us just because we "WARNED" the people about their horrible scams. 

Thanks :) have a good day 

This is commendable. But...

You wouldn't need to put scammers on blast if people simply accepted the fact that you can't trust anyone outside of their own interests.

My view on this is that far too many people have a 24/7 fatal common sense debuff. They are entering into a transaction that leaves them exposed. If you willingly do that in THIS game, you deserve what happens next.

As sad as it sounds, TRUST NO ONE is the only safe policy. Don't loan other players adena, mats or equipment, unless you don't expect to get it back. Don't hand over your +15 Cloak to a "friend" who promises that they can make it +18 for you, unless you are willing to walk by a sale shop and see your cloak being sold on a toon that you never saw before. Don't hand over Dragon claws to a friendly clan mate as an IOU -- not even the clan leader -- just because you want to show that you're a good soldier contributing to "the cause." 

Just. Don't. Do. It. This is L2, not a Nike commercial.

 

Edited by Mystikal
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
whosjohnny    0

@iAndouille don't listen to people like Mixa or get discouraged from people who condone scamming.  First of all, you are right and Mixa is wrong.  Mixa condone scammers because he himself lacks the means to be scammed in the first place and many people in the real world want to blame the affluent for all their troubles.

A scam is a bad thing, it hurts people deeply.

You can say all you want, the culture of Lineage2 has always been to not trust anyone but why let that make your heart callous?  Why become stone cold to the suffering and hurt of others - irregardless if they're inexperienced, being noobish?  People learn from their mistakes, why bash them?  What's in this immature Lineage2 culture of always wanting to make fun of others less experienced?  What is it?  Huh?  So you can feel good by stepping on others?  Immature is what I'm saying.

Let's get back to the main point.  Scamming is bad.  Scamming is wrong.  We as a community should rise up against Scammers and create a culture that educate and help new players to enjoy this game, avoid scammers and be supportive of one another - whether be in this game or other games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Nonsense. You can play this game with an open heart, yet still protect yourself by not engaging in dumb activities that leave your ass in the wind.

Scamming isn't only deeply hurtful, it is beyond the reach of justice and penalty. That's why they do it.  GMs won't do anything. Devs won't create a bound-loaner program, or clawback feature so that you get your items back. NCSoft stop selling gift certificates for NCoin and even Amazon doesn't guarantee that if you gift someone Ncoin they'll pay you back. Like that other poster said, if someone agrees to trade something now for repayment later, you better be prepared to kiss it goodbye. 

Calling out scammers is nice, but that won't stop stupid from doing what stupid does. Want to build a wall with name of scammers and post at log in screen? Fine. Build it. But don't be surprise if what you erected to be their Badge of Shame turns into their Hall of Fame.

Edited by ShadowSerenade
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hyunkel    9

Had to remove a few posts. Please no personal attacks guys or we'll have to lock the topic.

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
heavychick    11
47 minutes ago, Hyunkel said:

Had to remove a few posts. Please no personal attacks guys or we'll have to lock the topic.

Thanks.

Rather then lock it, why don't you learn something from it?  You guys have a broken system, there is absolutely no reason the system is the way it is, but pure 100% laziness on ncsoft side.  You constantly promote ways for people to get hurt, robbed, ripped off, scammed, for no reason.  There's a COD system for regular mail, make 1 for ncoin also, simple!!!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Free2play    46

Sadly Scammers / Cheaters exists both in Real life and in games. It's entirely our responsibility to safeguard out selfs and maybe worn others.

@iAndouille altough your intention to warn others publicly is morally correct, sadly this will be in conflict with the EULA of the game and as others saied before you might get your self into trouble. Life is not fair , neither the game . You can only warn your Clannies / Friends and that will be the end of it. 

The whole gift NC coin concept is wrong and actualy ruins the game. Non of the NC store items should be tradable and this would minimize the Scam problem. 

It would be really interesting to get an answer from NC staff directly related to your question. 

 

PS : Latest scam i noticed is the Juju Event Agation in Auction house. Obviously an Error from the Development team to allow an Event item to be entered in the Auction house and scam people....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maxximilian    7
On 3/5/2020 at 12:04 PM, MasterDisaster said:

That's why they should make untradable -Ungiftable Ncoin to stop all this  story :)

Actually i don't see any problem in making Ncoins a tradeable object, that's all you need to get that feature into the already existing COD/trade system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mixa    523
1 hour ago, Maxximilian said:

Actually i don't see any problem in making Ncoins a tradeable object, that's all you need to get that feature into the already existing COD/trade system.

This creates a bunch over bunch of lamers that gear themselves only by ncoins. If that's your idea of gaming....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Djos    18
3 hours ago, mixa said:

This creates a bunch over bunch of lamers that gear themselves only by ncoins. If that's your idea of gaming....

Well, you're right but it's not like there is any option to gear up without using these coins (except of course it you played for XX years). So it doesn't really matter anyway... even if of course i would rather have a rewarding game.

Sadly scamming has always be a part of the game and it's always impressive to see how people can be inventive and find new ways to scam players.

About Ncoin as far as i'm concerned, NCwest could also assume that it's the real IG money and put all game items weapons, armors, etc... in l2 store since there's no way to gear up without using it 🤣

It wouldn't even hurt their income since it wouldn't touch the enchanting lottery which is l2 trademark 🙄

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mixa    523
1 hour ago, Djos said:

Well, you're right but it's not like there is any option to gear up without using these coins (except of course it you played for XX years). So it doesn't really matter anyway... even if of course i would rather have a rewarding game.

Sadly scamming has always be a part of the game and it's always impressive to see how people can be inventive and find new ways to scam players.

About Ncoin as far as i'm concerned, NCwest could also assume that it's the real IG money and put all game items weapons, armors, etc... in l2 store since there's no way to gear up without using it 🤣

It wouldn't even hurt their income since it wouldn't touch the enchanting lottery which is l2 trademark 🙄

 

Very good post and I do agree with it. Scams were always part of l2.I don't like it, but I'm used to it. More so, a good friend got scammed recently by impersonation, but you won't see him posting on the forums and QQ. You just move on of it happens, lesson learned. This is how I see it.

Also at this point, yea putting everything in the store would be good, but it will never happen, since it's much more profitable to keep the casino open.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SafeStash    13

Just to add my two cents here as well, imho makking NC Coins a tradable item might even resolve many problems ingame, besides scams.

And before you oppose and complain about this idea, think about a second the way the NCstore works and if that would make NC coins and Hero Coins a better thing to be excanched.

I'd also back the idea to have NC Coin being exchanged in the store for adena and vice versa, with the price fluctuating up and down, based on the demand and supply.

Selling coins back to the store for adena would always have a exchange rate that wouldn't allow the player to fully benefit (something like exchange fee etc)

 

Blizzard has been doing this for YEARS with the WoW Tocken, where you can buy it with either IRL currency or ingame gold.

The irl currency is fixed, at (using euros for our example) 20 euros or some value of ingame gold (lets use as example) 180.000-250.000 gold.

Players decide and buy the Tocken with either of the two ways provided, the coin is also tradable, so someone may want to buy it off another player and either resell it for profit, with the involved risk, or use it for his game subscription (in our L2 case, NC Store use) or redeem it for IRL currency in his account, for 13 euro.

 

Cheers

 

PS: Keep up the good work Ando.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SafeStash    13
1 minute ago, mixa said:

Very good post and I do agree with it. Scams were always part of l2.I don't like it, but I'm used to it. More so, a good friend got scammed recently by impersonation, but you won't see him posting on the forums and QQ. You just move on of it happens, lesson learned. This is how I see it.

Also at this point, yea putting everything in the store would be good, but it will never happen, since it's much more profitable to keep the casino open.

I agree on this, Scams have been an old time classic thing.

Should you be gullible to fall for any time of scam, imo, you deserve it and nothing should happen.

You fell for it, deal with it.

Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SafeStash said:

I agree on this, Scams have been an old time classic thing.

Should you be gullible to fall for any time of scam, imo, you deserve it and nothing should happen.

You fell for it, deal with it.

Cheers

Since scamming is so condoned and loved by all community, why don't we open up an University of Scam so people can learn the art of human weakness to make a profit.  Scamming is fully condoned by the community "you fell for it, deal with it", how cool is that?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SafeStash    13
1 hour ago, GhostintheShell said:

Since scamming is so condoned and loved by all community, why don't we open up an University of Scam so people can learn the art of human weakness to make a profit.  Scamming is fully condoned by the community "you fell for it, deal with it", how cool is that?  

kinda makes sense to me.

Imagine a world that you get scammed in game, then waste Customer support resources with your poor English (not yours in particular, but just saying...)

to explain what happened and then expect to be returned the items that in most cases you willingly traded.

its like i  gave you something we agree on and then i change my mind and get it back from the Customer service without you agreeing upon the return. 

There are some gaps that can't be filled. Thus, it is VERY rare for items to be returned if you get scammed.

cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×