Why don't pk drop?

What is the reason that the pk does not drop? Players pass with unreachable equipment and sweep hunting areas without penalty ... Where is the essence of l2? How long will a single clan make dragons? even when the pk walked the maps without fear of losing important things? If any GM could explain to me, I would appreciate it.

2 hours ago, CiberLord said:

What is the reason that the pk does not drop? Players pass with unreachable equipment and sweep hunting areas without penalty ... Where is the essence of l2? How long will a single clan make dragons? even when the pk walked the maps without fear of losing important things? If any GM could explain to me, I would appreciate it.

i agree, the problem was, that ppl where exploiting this drop system. while ppl where farming with macro. they made them pk 5 times or more so they drop and than kill them to get items.

• Like 3

Because there are many lamers that were getting "scammed" by their own actions. You could thank them for this and be pked with pleasure, with complements from NCSoft.

Edited by mixa
gboard
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, mixa said:

Because there are many lamers that were getting "scammed" by their own actions. You could thank them for this and be pked with pleasure, with complements from NCSoft.

meanwhile any average player should settle for watching stream killing dragons since in his life he will be able to access them ... While they will continue sweeping hunting areas without fear or risk of losing anything ...

People were begging because they couldnt bot with macro 24/7 due to "abusers" so NC implemented a hellokitty style pk mode. 

Wish I could pk drop all the current bots anywhere just to get rid of this lame situation.

• Like 1

On 04/05/2020 at 5:45 PM, Harperz said:

i agree, the problem was, that ppl where exploiting this drop system. while ppl where farming with macro. they made them pk 5 times or more so they drop and than kill them to get items.

This was a topic from back then, when those changes were implemented in the Fafurion update patch notes: https://forums.lineage2.com/topic/12823-pk-system-change-no-more-item-drop-from-patch-notes/

On 4/5/2020 at 4:10 PM, CiberLord said:

meanwhile any average player should settle for watching stream killing dragons since in his life he will be able to access them ... While they will continue sweeping hunting areas without fear or risk of losing anything ...

Remove the pk drop was Ncsoft response to the "pk scam", and tbh I don't hate it, could they done it better? yes, but this system have a few good things.

• I feel that pvp has increased, anyone can pk you over a spot and you must fight back if you want to keep it, and if you are lvling on the same area probably you don't have a hugh equipment gap. Ofc there are some ppl that kill for fun or just because they can, but those ppl has always been there, they seem to be the same and behave as always.
  • You cant loose all your gear in 10 minutes, and noone can get rich just by killing you while you are afk. That would be cathastrophic since nowadays the afk hunting is a must if you want to progress in the game.
  • I've never heard about anyone quitting the game just because someone pk them, but back in the days before the pk penalty removal you could read almost everyday ppl leaving the game because they lost years of time and money investment in just a few minutes.

And if you are not able to kill dragons it's not because of the pk system, it's because you need to invest more time and/or money to be even with the big whales.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Maxximilian said:

Remove the pk drop was Ncsoft response to the "pk scam", and tbh I don't hate it, could they done it better? yes, but this system have a few good things.

• I feel that pvp has increased, anyone can pk you over a spot and you must fight back if you want to keep it, and if you are lvling on the same area probably you don't have a hugh equipment gap. Ofc there are some ppl that kill for fun or just because they can, but those ppl has always been there, they seem to be the same and behave as always.
  • You cant loose all your gear in 10 minutes, and noone can get rich just by killing you while you are afk. That would be cathastrophic since nowadays the afk hunting is a must if you want to progress in the game.
  • I've never heard about anyone quitting the game just because someone pk them, but back in the days before the pk penalty removal you could read almost everyday ppl leaving the game because they lost years of time and money investment in just a few minutes.

And if you are not able to kill dragons it's not because of the pk system, it's because you need to invest more time and/or money to be even with the big whales.

one million amen.

Just another view on this...

People now spend tons of IRL currency on this game.

If they droped their items, they would then complain. 

And they did, as there was an exploitation of game system that was NOT ban-able to perform.

Thus, the decision was to remove the option for karma loaded characters to explode like Piñatas.

Same effect was when death from monsters would make people to drop their gear and other players used to "train" mobs on people and then loot their gear.

Also removed and honestly, i do miss that too. ;P

cheers

PK abuse in Primeval Island is supreme :D i don't understand why they lower the Adena drop in IOS, and increase drop in PI... now all high lvl top equip in PI killing everything :D

they shouldn't have done this. but we can't change it anyway

just my thoughts on this. bring some penalty back :D