Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
CiberLord

Why don't pk drop?

Recommended Posts

CiberLord    1

What is the reason that the pk does not drop? Players pass with unreachable equipment and sweep hunting areas without penalty ... Where is the essence of l2? How long will a single clan make dragons? even when the pk walked the maps without fear of losing important things? If any GM could explain to me, I would appreciate it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harperz    28
2 hours ago, CiberLord said:

What is the reason that the pk does not drop? Players pass with unreachable equipment and sweep hunting areas without penalty ... Where is the essence of l2? How long will a single clan make dragons? even when the pk walked the maps without fear of losing important things? If any GM could explain to me, I would appreciate it.

i agree, the problem was, that ppl where exploiting this drop system. while ppl where farming with macro. they made them pk 5 times or more so they drop and than kill them to get items.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CiberLord    1

but it is not fair that for that reason he pays the essence of the game, the rb dragons, etc ... in my opinion ncsoft must find a way to solve it, it is his job and he is paid for it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mixa    494
Posted (edited)

Because there are many lamers that were getting "scammed" by their own actions. You could thank them for this and be pked with pleasure, with complements from NCSoft.

Edited by mixa
gboard
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CiberLord    1
20 hours ago, mixa said:

Because there are many lamers that were getting "scammed" by their own actions. You could thank them for this and be pked with pleasure, with complements from NCSoft.

meanwhile any average player should settle for watching stream killing dragons since in his life he will be able to access them ... While they will continue sweeping hunting areas without fear or risk of losing anything ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Arthur    4
Posted (edited)

1 Need to ban for a "scam PK"

2 It is necessary to return the drop from the PK

The old balanced system L 2 I think is broken

Edited by Arthur

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
golemka    73

People were begging because they couldnt bot with macro 24/7 due to "abusers" so NC implemented a hellokitty style pk mode. 

Wish I could pk drop all the current bots anywhere just to get rid of this lame situation.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nymphadorae    129
On 04/05/2020 at 5:45 PM, Harperz said:

i agree, the problem was, that ppl where exploiting this drop system. while ppl where farming with macro. they made them pk 5 times or more so they drop and than kill them to get items.

This was a topic from back then, when those changes were implemented in the Fafurion update patch notes: https://forums.lineage2.com/topic/12823-pk-system-change-no-more-item-drop-from-patch-notes/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maxximilian    7
On 4/5/2020 at 4:10 PM, CiberLord said:

meanwhile any average player should settle for watching stream killing dragons since in his life he will be able to access them ... While they will continue sweeping hunting areas without fear or risk of losing anything ...

Remove the pk drop was Ncsoft response to the "pk scam", and tbh I don't hate it, could they done it better? yes, but this system have a few good things.

  • I feel that pvp has increased, anyone can pk you over a spot and you must fight back if you want to keep it, and if you are lvling on the same area probably you don't have a hugh equipment gap. Ofc there are some ppl that kill for fun or just because they can, but those ppl has always been there, they seem to be the same and behave as always.
  • You cant loose all your gear in 10 minutes, and noone can get rich just by killing you while you are afk. That would be cathastrophic since nowadays the afk hunting is a must if you want to progress in the game.
  • I've never heard about anyone quitting the game just because someone pk them, but back in the days before the pk penalty removal you could read almost everyday ppl leaving the game because they lost years of time and money investment in just a few minutes.

And if you are not able to kill dragons it's not because of the pk system, it's because you need to invest more time and/or money to be even with the big whales.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Maxximilian said:

Remove the pk drop was Ncsoft response to the "pk scam", and tbh I don't hate it, could they done it better? yes, but this system have a few good things.

  • I feel that pvp has increased, anyone can pk you over a spot and you must fight back if you want to keep it, and if you are lvling on the same area probably you don't have a hugh equipment gap. Ofc there are some ppl that kill for fun or just because they can, but those ppl has always been there, they seem to be the same and behave as always.
  • You cant loose all your gear in 10 minutes, and noone can get rich just by killing you while you are afk. That would be cathastrophic since nowadays the afk hunting is a must if you want to progress in the game.
  • I've never heard about anyone quitting the game just because someone pk them, but back in the days before the pk penalty removal you could read almost everyday ppl leaving the game because they lost years of time and money investment in just a few minutes.

And if you are not able to kill dragons it's not because of the pk system, it's because you need to invest more time and/or money to be even with the big whales.

one million amen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SafeStash    10

Just another view on this...

People now spend tons of IRL currency on this game.

If they droped their items, they would then complain. 

And they did, as there was an exploitation of game system that was NOT ban-able to perform.

Thus, the decision was to remove the option for karma loaded characters to explode like Piñatas.

Same effect was when death from monsters would make people to drop their gear and other players used to "train" mobs on people and then loot their gear.

Also removed and honestly, i do miss that too. ;P

cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uriel831    13

Now punisment for have PK points and karma should be: reduction of drop from mobs, adena, XP, SP lower and lower with every point. 1st point 70% reduction or more. NAd karma time 5x longer as it now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harperz    28

PK abuse in Primeval Island is supreme :D i don't understand why they lower the Adena drop in IOS, and increase drop in PI... now all high lvl top equip in PI killing everything :D

they shouldn't have done this. but we can't change it anyway

just my thoughts on this. bring some penalty back :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×