Jump to content
Forums

Recommended Posts

  • L2 Team
6 hours ago, masogiama said:

Is there no attribute damage applied on OL/WC Steal Essence skill or am i missing something here ? Arent all attack skills supposed to be amplified by attribute ?

We have asked the Dev team to check this issue again to see if it is intended. The last time it was reported, there was some confusion regarding the details.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Juji said:

We have asked the Dev team to check this issue again to see if it is intended. The last time it was reported, there was some confusion regarding the details.

Can you keep asking so we can have a clear answer about that matter?

Also yes WC/OL Steal Essence is a strong skill due to its 80% drain and its combination with their Weapon mastery 10% mana drain of the damage dealt, but we have to know.

All other classes have so many skills that when they are combined are quite strong too (e.g Storm screamers have Vortex and slug combo)

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, OLampompa said:

Can you keep asking so we can have a clear answer about that matter?

Also yes WC/OL Steal Essence is a strong skill due to its 80% drain and its combination with their Weapon mastery 10% mana drain of the damage dealt, but we have to know.

All other classes have so many skills that when they are combined are quite strong too (e.g Storm screamers have Vortex and slug combo)

Do they really get that as a passive on classic? My Doomcryer only gets mana back on damage when it's using battle cry. I admit I haven't looked at the weapon mastery passive since she was a warcryer. According to l2wiki it's a third class thing.


EDIT : I see l2wiki has it listed as a "chance" which would make sense as "chance" in this game means like 5%...

Edited by Tool_of_Society
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Tool_of_Society said:

Do they really get that as a passive on classic? My dominator only gets mana back on damage when it's using soul cry.

It is 10% of damage, so if you hit for over 1250 ~ 1500 dmg you should constantly be at full mp, also m.crit and blessed spiritshots helps a lot if you are that low in dmg.

Edited by OLampompa
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, OLampompa said:

It is 10% of damage, so if you hit for over 1250 ~ 1500 dmg you should constantly be at full mp, also m.crit and blessed spiritshots helps a lot if you are that low in dmg.

Nope doesn't happen on NA classic. My classic doomcryer only gets mp back when using battlecry.

I meant doomcryer my dominator is on live and for whatever reason I went DOminator.

That was one of the things that surprised me when I leveled up my warcryer. Cause I remembered the last time I had leveled my overlord (around GoD time) I could just spam ES. When I FIRST leveled the overlord I used a dagger because ES wasn't really a thing yet or the mp recovery didn't exist yet. I can't really remember specifically because that was 16 years ago..

 

EDIT : I keep wanting to call it soul cry too argh

EDIT 2 : Was this a recent change because I haven't tested it in a few months.

Edited by Tool_of_Society
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, OLampompa said:

Well i have to add that mp drain is activated once you get the weapon mastery of 76 level, and again it is applying to damage done. and its the same for doomcryer and dominator.

 

If this is true then it must of been a relatively recent change. When I last tested it there was NO mp regen until I activated battlecry on my fully skilled 78 doomcryer. THe passive also didn't say anything about mp recovery from damage. When I activated battlecry I experienced the kind of mp recovery you mentioned as she was able to be full MP fairly quickly after a full round of buffs.

Edited by Tool_of_Society
Link to post
Share on other sites

Its there since 3rd class was added with saviors.

Back then was not so good because Steal essence had less power and was about 170 MP, but it got better with secrets of empire last May.

You should be ok as i said with 1200-1500 dmg, but if you have Battlecry on you have to consider a bit more dmg (1500 -1750) or mp regen since it continually consumes MP

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, OLampompa said:

Its there since 3rd class was added with saviors.

Back then was not so good because Steal essence had less power and was about 170 MP, but it got better with secrets of empire last May.

You should be ok as i said with 1200-1500 dmg, but if you have Battlecry on you have to consider a bit more dmg (1500 -1750) or mp regen since it continually consumes MP

Oh that's what happened then. I tested last year around Oct and steal essence was always a net loss in MP with shots and caster gear. The only way I was able to gain MP at a decent rate was to melee with battle cry and shots. I did some testing today and it gained some MP back every 3 or 4 casts of SE. Which with shots is enough to sustain SE spam now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

it may be some kind of bug, the pasive over 76 says it has a chance to recover 10% of PHYSICAL dmg in mp, but it recovers allways 10% of each drain in mp, it will be 100% mp even without bss, u can kill 24/7 with no buff and no recharge cuz it never dies. Full hp full mp with only 1 skill activated

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...