Where are the helmets?

I have been playing for 6 weeks on a Giran server.
I'm thinking of buying B-grade armor for my SK and my brother for his Destro. I want to buy Avadon and he want to buy set Zubei's. Of course, heavy armor.

At the market in Giran people sell whole sets or individual pieces of these armor but I have not seen anywhere helmets for these armor.

In general, I noticed that there are no helmets for other sets and they are needed to use the full potential of the set.

I have been wearing D-grade Brigandine armor for some time and I couldn't find a helmet for it. In the end I had to craft it myself. I have a recipe and materials. I haven't seen anyone else sell these helmets.

What's up with these helmets on this server?

Avadon has always been a hard set to complete in this version of classic. It took me a very long time of checking every single day multiple times a day before I finally found a helmet. I imagine the odds are even worse now. Most people go for doom or blue wolf at that level. I've personally sold several BW helms over the last couple weeks (one doom too).

After removing grade penalty there wasn't a reason for using D grade armor, except new ppls but they get theyr basic D grade set at 20lvl from guide quest. Prices for top B heavy sets low enough for avoid spending money for zubey/avadon.

15 minutes ago, Buldos said:

After removing grade penalty there wasn't a reason for using D grade armor, except new ppls but they get theyr basic D grade set at 20lvl from guide quest. 

I don't want to buy D-grade armor only B-Grade ;) Now I have Full Plate C-Grade and I want to change for a better one but having the whole set together with the helmet I get CON +1 and 24% shield defense rate. Without a helmet I lose both things even with a shield :(

I wrote about Brigandine D-Grade as an example that there is no helmet on the market. And I bought it because when choosing free armor at 20lvl I chose light armor for my SK and lost a lot of HP potion;) I had to change to heavy. Beginner error :D

35 minutes ago, Tool_of_Society said:

Avadon has always been a hard set to complete in this version of classic. It took me a very long time of checking every single day multiple times a day before I finally found a helmet. I imagine the odds are even worse now. Most people go for doom or blue wolf at that level. I've personally sold several BW helms over the last couple weeks (one doom too).

BW is even ok but doesn't use the shield bonus.

Doom doesn't suit SK because it takes his strength away and that's his main advantage.

Did you find this Avadon set helmet on the market or did you drop it from some mob?
Can these helmets be crafted or not? According to L2wiki, you can't craft.

23 minutes ago, Cathalix said:

BW is even ok but doesn't use the shield bonus.

Doom doesn't suit SK because it takes his strength away and that's his main advantage.

Did you find this Avadon set helmet on the market or did you drop it from some mob?
Can these helmets be crafted or not? According to L2wiki, you can't craft.

One could argue that DOOm is good for SK because it already has plenty of STR and it's con is the part it's lacking. The hold and sleep resist was far more useful for me in PVE. The avadon heavy set has noticeably less pdef in comparison to doom. There are some very good reasons why people use doom for scenarios where they are tanking damage (PVE and PVP).. 

I had to buy the helmets.

Edited by Tool_of_Society

Okay I see you are an experienced L2 player. What armor should I buy for my SK and what should my brother buy for Destro?
99% is PVE.

30 minutes ago, Tool_of_Society said:

I had to buy the helmets.

Where? On Giran market?

1 hour ago, Cathalix said:

Okay I see you are an experienced L2 player. What armor should I buy for my SK and what should my brother buy for Destro?
99% is PVE.

Where? On Giran market?

My SK went doom for full tanking into nightmare. Depending on where you're leveling, party composition and gearing of party members a SK can use Blue wolf while tanking. My lowbie group's SK is using blue wolf right now as it's party is top b grade and they are leveling in an area where they are 1 level or more higher than the monsters they are fighting. Not a good idea to use BW if you're fighting stuff at or above your level and with a gear deficit. Doom is the safe choice.

Destroyer will be Blue wolf into Tallum. I used plated leather into the 70s on my destroyer because B grade was rare back then. They have so much HP the lower pdef using plated leather wasn't an issue. BW heavy should be cheaper than plated leather now.

The big gains in patk come every 10 str.

I bought the avadon stuff on the giran market. The price is probably pretty much the same as doom/bw.