Jump to content
Forums

seriously in need of class balance


Recommended Posts

Hey JUJI , HIME when are we gonna see some real class balance as some classes are so overpowered its ridiculous while other classes languish.. I have main class summoner and its been supremely stupid since  making  all pets based on pattack yet you make base stats for summoners M attack …. This wouldn't be a huge issue if the summon lasted a single hit in any pvp situation or could actually take full stats from all gear ASWELL as giving us magic attacks that are worth more than a grain of salt like a Wizard nukes. Noone  wants summoners in party because they do rubbish  damage. Its time to really fix the classes so they can compete  in game . 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, spearmint said:

Hey JUJI , HIME when are we gonna see some real class balance as some classes are so overpowered its ridiculous while other classes languish.. I have main class summoner and its been supremely stupid since  making  all pets based on pattack yet you make base stats for summoners M attack …. This wouldn't be a huge issue if the summon lasted a single hit in any pvp situation or could actually take full stats from all gear ASWELL as giving us magic attacks that are worth more than a grain of salt like a Wizard nukes. Noone  wants summoners in party because they do rubbish  damage. Its time to really fix the classes so they can compete  in game . 

That bad? But doesn't the SA on the weapon transfer and 4 or more Marks gives +30% critical damage?  Wynn summoners against bosses with insane high pref or pvp players with high pref has a set HP reduction skill that ignore their defenses. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, GhostintheShell said:

That bad? But doesn't the SA on the weapon transfer and 4 or more Marks gives +30% critical damage?  Wynn summoners against bosses with insane high pref or pvp players with high pref has a set HP reduction skill that ignore their defenses. 

Other than that annoying first stage of Octavis, summoners are quite meh.  The first update when we could awaken they were quite good at farming, great at olymp, and so-so in mass PvP.  Ever since then pet damage got nerfed 3-4 times to the point they are nearly annoyances now.  In order to somewhat compensate, marks have become a bit more powerful, so now you need nuker gear instead of the traditional bow wynners, which makes your pets even weaker, because your gear will be focused on increased casting damage.  Their AoE options are slow and weak.  That makes them a very bad class at farming XP and leveling up.  You either kill slow in AoE, or you switch to marks + summon attack and it takes you too long to kill the mobs.  Even my 99 archer or 103 nuker would be able to kill an entire group of monsters faster than my 104 summoner would be able to kill 1 single mob.

I understand the concept of flavour-of-the-month, but some of us spent over a decade level up and gearing characters to see it rendered useless by a patch.

I parked my 104 summoner to reroll a new class.  The last day I played it, I got kicked out of the lobby of 5 coal parties in a row with a kind note of "we are looking for an AoE DD".

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Katastrophe said:

Other than that annoying first stage of Octavis, summoners are quite meh.  The first update when we could awaken they were quite good at farming, great at olymp, and so-so in mass PvP.  Ever since then pet damage got nerfed 3-4 times to the point they are nearly annoyances now.  In order to somewhat compensate, marks have become a bit more powerful, so now you need nuker gear instead of the traditional bow wynners, which makes your pets even weaker, because your gear will be focused on increased casting damage.  Their AoE options are slow and weak.  That makes them a very bad class at farming XP and leveling up.  You either kill slow in AoE, or you switch to marks + summon attack and it takes you too long to kill the mobs.  Even my 99 archer or 103 nuker would be able to kill an entire group of monsters faster than my 104 summoner would be able to kill 1 single mob.

I understand the concept of flavour-of-the-month, but some of us spent over a decade level up and gearing characters to see it rendered useless by a patch.

I parked my 104 summoner to reroll a new class.  The last day I played it, I got kicked out of the lobby of 5 coal parties in a row with a kind note of "we are looking for an AoE DD".

Do you really play a wynn with bow??

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Wynns used to be hyper OP and were balanced. One of my closest friends used to play Wynn, it was ..... broken. Also consider that this is not a pvp class, just like the tyrrs, but in PvE it's still good.

Remember that you've chosen this class and you had the choice to reroll.I have faced similar issue when I was active here and I chose to keep playing my tyrr, even though it was gimped in any pvp.

Also, you have a dual class that you can roll to an Archer for pvp purposes 

Edited by mixa
gboard
Link to post
Share on other sites

My Lv.109 Summoner kill the K110 boss ("Sparta") faster than my Lv.109 Tank (133 STR with +20 bless weapon) :)  lol.  Actually my Light Elf (Elemental Master) summoner's AOE damage, I love it.  Wynn summoner gets 4 AOE skills ("Cherub") PLUS 5 marks (you just need 4 out of 5 to get that +30% crit.dmg bonus) for a single target boss.  Elemental Master's default crit.damage is already higher than other types, plus +I5% crit.dmg from 2x Lv.8 SAs, plus Earth Wyrm, they keep on stacking. I think Wynn isn't too bad.  Sometimes I feel in the realm of AOE, daggers are the ABSOLUTE worst class for AOE.  Daggers has to pray that their slow ass POISON cloud actually debuff enough so their Flash Dagger and Barrage Nails can do any sort of AOE damage.  LOL.  Only other class that is as bad in AOE is probably SEER class.  SEER single target though, can freaking magic crit you to death in a single sling and often too.

Last but not least, if you still use a BOW on a Wynn, you have been outdated for about 8 years.  I think like 8 years ago if you read the PASSIVE skill, a Retributor Patk gives the summoner more than double the PATK transfer.

Edited by GhostintheShell
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Tora said:

Do you really play a wynn with bow??

Not in the past few years.  At first marks were not affected by m.atk, so most wynns were using bows to boost summon damage.  Then they added a skill to boost retributer p.atk on wynn, but SAs + jewelry + other gear can be somewhat different between a p.atk and an m.atk build, so you have to choose which one you'll be mediocre at and which one to completely suck at.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you miss the point ghost  a summoner is a dps class and we don't do dps…. we used to be utility when we could recharge mana a long time ago.. we used to have 4 pets a long time ago but the sheer stupidity  of  basing all pet damage basically on STR stat which summoner cant get  high in because at creation they are mages is just so unbelievably stupid and weakens us badly.... second there are only 4 marks and even if they all land which usually they don't the crit damage from pets with low str is so bad in ALL instances cept castilla …. my gear is top pretty good with relevant equipment. as or unicorn AOE it sucks big time REALLY bad  no blessed spirit shots for summons = no good damage, if you think the aoe is good go try and aoe in PI or storm pets will be dead before a single mob dies.(AOEing with magnus in days of old used to be great). Also if a summoner cant do more dps than a tank then there is something really wrong. 

  summoners cant even do 1/10 of the damage other damage classes do my dual titan at same level 109 can 1-2 shot most solo mobs and my summoner will be giving mobs paper cuts till they bleed to death.

SO I ask again JUJI and HIME what is in the works for summoners because we have been made irrelevant for far too long  and after 16 years you would think there would be balance for them to make them a relevant class

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, GhostintheShell said:

Last but not least, if you still use a BOW on a Wynn, you have been outdated for about 8 years.  I think like 8 years ago if you read the PASSIVE skill, a Retributor Patk gives the summoner more than double the PATK transfer.

Only use a bow if your retrib is +7, but your bow is +25. But once Red Libra comes, change your +25 bow to +25 retrib. Or something like that. :D 

Not sure why they make it so difficult for Wynn. Seems like an easy solution. Start by giving them back one summons. It might not help lag situation, but it will help them kill faster.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/05/2020 at 1:33 AM, spearmint said:

I think you miss the point ghost  a summoner is a dps class and we don't do dps…. we used to be utility when we could recharge mana a long time ago.. we used to have 4 pets a long time ago but the sheer stupidity  of  basing all pet damage basically on STR stat which summoner cant get  high in because at creation they are mages is just so unbelievably stupid and weakens us badly.... second there are only 4 marks and even if they all land which usually they don't the crit damage from pets with low str is so bad in ALL instances cept castilla …. my gear is top pretty good with relevant equipment. as or unicorn AOE it sucks big time REALLY bad  no blessed spirit shots for summons = no good damage, if you think the aoe is good go try and aoe in PI or storm pets will be dead before a single mob dies.(AOEing with magnus in days of old used to be great). Also if a summoner cant do more dps than a tank then there is something really wrong. 

  summoners cant even do 1/10 of the damage other damage classes do my dual titan at same level 109 can 1-2 shot most solo mobs and my summoner will be giving mobs paper cuts till they bleed to death.

SO I ask again JUJI and HIME what is in the works for summoners because we have been made irrelevant for far too long  and after 16 years you would think there would be balance for them to make them a relevant class

It is a Korean game, Juji and Hime cannot change the game play or game design.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/05/2020 at 11:42 AM, spearmint said:

Hey JUJI , HIME when are we gonna see some real class balance as some classes are so overpowered its ridiculous while other classes languish.. I have main class summoner and its been supremely stupid since  making  all pets based on pattack yet you make base stats for summoners M attack …. This wouldn't be a huge issue if the summon lasted a single hit in any pvp situation or could actually take full stats from all gear ASWELL as giving us magic attacks that are worth more than a grain of salt like a Wizard nukes. Noone  wants summoners in party because they do rubbish  damage. Its time to really fix the classes so they can compete  in game . 

Good Night (Using translator)

For me, Ncsoft when it moves a class, it does not test this class with the other classes. In short, when she creates a skill, or modifies a skill, she doesn't test enough, in my humble opinion NCsoft failed Lineage 2 a long time ago, not to mention the creation of items that end up enhancing the class that are enhanced in the game, one example Feoh. I think that when you go to change a class, your skill or create a new skill, the company has to test it extensively to see if this skill will not give you much advantage. In short, she has to test with another class, she has to test in PVE solo, PVE in group, PVP solo, PVP in group and Olympics, since the Olympics today with their time too short, favor Summoner, Dagger, Archer, Feoh, Eviscerator and the wizard Ertheia who can disappear, hit, disappear, hit, disappear hit, but in particular the Feoh are the ones who are taking advantage and I thought that this update would diminish this advantage, but I was completely wrong. And worse, the delay in reviewing skills, and presenting changes in the game is too much. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...