Forums

"More" Quest Option Nerf?

Elinthae

I often take long breaks from L2, so I am not sure when this changed. In a lot of the daily quests there was an option to kill more than the minimum. You could see the extra kill counts in the quest description window. If you did the min amount of kills, you got 2-3% total exp. If you did the max amount of kills, you got 5-6%. I am level 96 at the moment, and several of these daily quests that I used to be able to do "more", I no longer can. It does not matter how many I kill, the count never goes up & the quest npc does not give me the option to do more. Example of these dailies where you could do "more" are the fairy settlement quests, the isle of souls quests, the seal of shillien quest. When did this change?

It has been changed since the last update. Adena reward also was nerfed, aswell. SoS quest you could to up to 200, but now it's only up to 50 of each mob; fairy quest is now up to 300/25 cocoon destroyers (from the big cocoons area) etc.

The ertheia mages and the DE summoners keep on their rampage, though, so everything seems to be unaffected. 9_9

You can do the fairy + bloody swamp + dimensional crack + K95 + fortuna + whatever else there is which should keep you occupied for more than 4-5 hours per day.

The rest of your time just do regular XP w/o quest. The new faction allows you to progress really quick to 99 so you should be there in 2-3 weeks tops. This game is not intended for players below 99 anymore, because that's where you hit the true challenge of getting equipped, and ofc that's where you become a "true costumer", (from NC's point of view at least), as you will need to start consuming Ncoin.

If you want to keep it PVE casual just find a decent clan (lower level), make friends, do things together and have fun together. You can enjoy the game like that. If you want to try out end game then ready your wallet as it will cost you.

When you get to 97, both Pagan's and Blazing Swamp dailies still allow extra levels, but they take a long time to do. Be sure and do all of Penny's quests if you haven't already.  You can do them on your dual if need be.  At your level, the dim crack offers excellent experience.  Both the npc outside and the one inside give daily quests for the crack.  You can do each of them separately for the chance to kill twice as many of the experience-rich mobs inside.

On 6/12/2018 at 1:56 PM, Oeste said:

The new faction allows you to progress really quick to 99 so you should be there in 2-3 weeks tops.

The "Unworldly Visitors" faction? I did the two daily quests (50 traces, 100 spirit something). The collect 50 gave good exp. I was only able to do that one 4 or 5 times. The npc wont give me that quest anymore. Says she will let me know if she needs my help again. Now I can just do the collect 100 daily trying for 30 times to get the belt reward. The end exp is not good on that one. But the exp while killing the mobs is good. I hit 97 last weekend. Now I do the Pagan Temple or Blazing Swamp dailies along with the 100 collect dim rift. The temple & swamp dailies take a long time to get 300 pagan souls or 400 magma ore.

It has taken me 5 days to get 34% of level 97 doing these 3 quests with my ISS bot (split exp between them). It is slow going. What am I missing on this new faction allows me to progress really quick to 99? At my rate it will take a month to get to 98.

At lvl 97 you can start doing CC and Baylor at Parnasus daily, if you can afford a pass, you can repeat them. Most parties are made 99+ but you can start you own of 97+ - it will take a bit longer, but it's still faster than grinding quests :)

Also, continue with Kartia Group+Solo.

7 hours ago, Elinthae said:

The "Unworldly Visitors" faction? I did the two daily quests (50 traces, 100 spirit something). The collect 50 gave good exp. I was only able to do that one 4 or 5 times. The npc wont give me that quest anymore. Says she will let me know if she needs my help again. Now I can just do the collect 100 daily trying for 30 times to get the belt reward. The end exp is not good on that one. But the exp while killing the mobs is good. I hit 97 last weekend. Now I do the Pagan Temple or Blazing Swamp dailies along with the 100 collect dim rift. The temple & swamp dailies take a long time to get 300 pagan souls or 400 magma ore.

It has taken me 5 days to get 34% of level 97 doing these 3 quests with my ISS bot (split exp between them). It is slow going. What am I missing on this new faction allows me to progress really quick to 99? At my rate it will take a month to get to 98.

Yidao

That depends on the level of the character. If you are lvl 97 or above, you can't take quests from Penny any more.

In any case you should first talk to Herphah, the female Orc right next to Penny, who will give you quests like "The Way of the Wandering Knight" or "Across the Death Line". At the end of the dialogue, Herphah will send you over to Penny. You will have to talk a bit to her too, and then you can pick up from Penny the quests which give Faction Points.

The new faction is the adventure guild.  See Penny, in the corner of Aden where the dimension crack is, and Herphah, who is right next to her.  They were added to make it very easy to get from 85 to 95 or so.

Baylor and CC are a must at 97.  Also, do Kartia 95 group with as few people as you can do it successfully.  It's still worth doing Seal of Shilien solo at 97 and 98.  When you are able to kill the mobs solo, you can go to Hellbound.  You can't get the quests until 99 but the exp is better than Pagans & BS.

Archived