Advice for Yul GS

SUPERCELL

Hello,

I recently rerolled my character to a Feoh SS with a Yul GS as dual class. I like playing the Yul more than the Feoh, and am looking for some beginners advice. It's level 99 now, and I have completed the Noblesse quest. Currently doing the 1st Exalted quest, but progression is really slow. I've read on the forum, some people are able to reach 103 in a few days, but I am yet to figure out how. 

Gear wise, it's just the standard event (Paulina) given gear. I'm farming in BS for the Exalted quest, but have trouble killing the mobs, and getting a party is rather hard since most people are on auto-farm. 

I'm not looking to be the greatest with maxed out gear, just some casual play, but with some noticeable progress. 

Yesterday, I was lucky enough and joined a party, but we only managed to get like 1500 Proof of Disposal and about 15% EXP at 99 in 3 hours or so. 

I'm basically looking for some tips on how to progress from 99 till 105 on my own. What gear should I get?

I wouldn´t recommend hitting Blazing Swamp at 99, because exp is the same like in Bloody Swampland and it takes you more time to kill monsters in Blazing Swamp.

Best is to stay until lvl100 at least in Bloody Swampland, kill rate will be faster there.

99-105 you pretty much run in Exalted 1 + 2.

Thanks extase1987.

I managed to get to 101 yesterday with a auto party in BS. Still have to get 20k quest items for the first part. 

The exp potions and vit maintaining potions really helped with the exp. Which brings me to the following question: is the destiny pack worth the money? 

Find party for mines. I  don't know what items you have but with exalted improved bow I can make easy 18 -19 trillion xp alone there with 550% xp boost for 1 hour. But yes, I  stayed in bloodyswamp until 101-102.

14 hours ago, Slycutter said:

Does the destiny pack have an xp rune anymore?

According to the L2 Store ingame interface it does. I would just need to get some vitality maintain potions as an extra added bonus.

6 hours ago, Vassy said:

Find party for mines. I  don't know what items you have but with exalted improved bow I can make easy 18 -19 trillion xp alone there with 550% xp boost for 1 hour. But yes, I  stayed in bloodyswamp until 101-102.

I've been farming BS for 2 days now, and am almost level 102 with 1st exalted quest finished and halfway through the 2nd one now. Exp is bad, but that's because I ran out of vit maintain potions. 

I haven't done the daily quests yet, since I just let the char autofarm all day, but I should probably start doing them. 

Kinda off-topic, but my Yul is my dual class. The 1st exalted quest gave me a spellbook which is only usable with my main class, which sucks, since I prefer playing archer. If I continue to level my dual class, are there any limitations I'll encounter later in the game (besides some exalted rewards)?

Edited by SUPERCELL

1 hour ago, SUPERCELL said:

According to the L2 Store ingame interface it does. I would just need to get some vitality maintain potions as an extra added bonus.

I've been farming BS for 2 days now, and am almost level 102 with 1st exalted quest finished and halfway through the 2nd one now. Exp is bad, but that's because I ran out of vit maintain potions. 

I haven't done the daily quests yet, since I just let the char autofarm all day, but I should probably start doing them. 

Kinda off-topic, but my Yul is my dual class. The 1st exalted quest gave me a spellbook which is only usable with my main class, which sucks, since I prefer playing archer. If I continue to level my dual class, are there any limitations I'll encounter later in the game (besides some exalted rewards)?

My main is othell and it makes sense to make my dual archer. The limitation for you is the armor because you are feoh. You need to finish your first and  second exalted because you'll get exalted weapon and armor and the stone for improving exalted weapon plus dragon shirts, level 3 jewels etc.. I guess you know that you will get probably retributer from the quest but you can exchange it for bow. Also do the quest for the circlet +5. If you can farm exalted 1 and 2 in bloody swampland - it's super because you can literally rot there  on aoe skills and mobs are easy.

Also the spellbooks you should learn on main but once learned they apply for dual as well. Same applies to  dual certifications skills.

55 minutes ago, Vassy said:

My main is othell and it makes sense to make my dual archer. The limitation for you is the armor because you are feoh. You need to finish your first and  second exalted because you'll get exalted weapon and armor and the stone for improving exalted weapon plus dragon shirts, level 3 jewels etc.. I guess you know that you will get probably retributer from the quest but you can exchange it for bow. Also do the quest for the circlet +5. If you can farm exalted 1 and 2 in bloody swampland - it's super because you can literally rot there  on aoe skills and mobs are easy.

Also the spellbooks you should learn on main but once learned they apply for dual as well. Same applies to  dual certifications skills.

Thanks for the explanation. I actually received light exalted armor and the bow when I finished the 1st exalted quest. I was afraid I’d get the mage gear but it worked in my favor.

As for the +5 circlet, somehow I already have one but it’s for mages. Is there a way to exchange that one for the fighter one? 

29 minutes ago, SUPERCELL said:

Thanks for the explanation. I actually received light exalted armor and the bow when I finished the 1st exalted quest. I was afraid I’d get the mage gear but it worked in my favor.

As for the +5 circlet, somehow I already have one but it’s for mages. Is there a way to exchange that one for the fighter one? 

I think no.. when you give back your quest you have 3 options and probably in the past you chose the mage one. Make another archer (because level up fast) and take the quest with it. Do the quest and buy 6 or 7 (I don't remember how many) circlet enchant scrolls to buy noble stone - make it noble with them and it will be tradable.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/22/2020 at 7:46 AM, SUPERCELL said:

Don't hate me, but if you like playing the archer more than the mage, you should create a new character that is an archer as the main and play that character.

There are some features of the game that only benefit your main, not your dual. For example, if you were to complete the level 107 Exalted quest on your dual, but your main is only 105, you won't be able to unlock the Spellbook: Dignity of the Exalted. You'll have to level your main (the mage) to 107 first. 

And when you pick your Dual Certification Skills, it makes things easier if you are picking skills for your archer, as opposed to splitting up the skills to help both classes a little. Say for example, if you are the type that was considering Dual Certification - Physical, or Dual Certification - Magical. Which would you choose? (I'm not saying that these are the Dual Certification skills that you'll want, or that they're the most optimal for either your class or your style of gameplay.)

And then there's the predicament that some quest rewards cater to your class. Sure, you can swap Exalted equipment. But that will cost you 100,000,000 adena. Even if you're rich, why incur an avoidable expense?

Also, I'm not sure if they've changed the Olympiad yet, but that used to be for main class only.

Further, on rare occasion NCSoft will drop an event that caters to main class. It's been a while since that last happened, but never count against it.

I could go on, but my point is, if you really see yourself playing Yul more than any other class, make it official. Make Yul your main.

On 30-5-2020 at 10:20 PM, Mystikal said:

Don't hate me, but if you like playing the archer more than the mage, you should create a new character that is an archer as the main and play that character.

There are some features of the game that only benefit your main, not your dual. For example, if you were to complete the level 107 Exalted quest on your dual, but your main is only 105, you won't be able to unlock the Spellbook: Dignity of the Exalted. You'll have to level your main (the mage) to 107 first. 

And when you pick your Dual Certification Skills, it makes things easier if you are picking skills for your archer, as opposed to splitting up the skills to help both classes a little. Say for example, if you are the type that was considering Dual Certification - Physical, or Dual Certification - Magical. Which would you choose? (I'm not saying that these are the Dual Certification skills that you'll want, or that they're the most optimal for either your class or your style of gameplay.)

And then there's the predicament that some quest rewards cater to your class. Sure, you can swap Exalted equipment. But that will cost you 100,000,000 adena. Even if you're rich, why incur an avoidable expense?

Also, I'm not sure if they've changed the Olympiad yet, but that used to be for main class only.

Further, on rare occasion NCSoft will drop an event that caters to main class. It's been a while since that last happened, but never count against it.

I could go on, but my point is, if you really see yourself playing Yul more than any other class, make it official. Make Yul your main.

Thanks! I decided to reroll the char to main Yul, much better now, currently lvl 104 :). I don't really plan to play Oly. Mainly here for the PVE.

Could someone point me in the right direction with regards to the jewels to get, and the progression from basic jewels to higher end ones? I know I have to put focus on P.Skill Crit Damage/Rate when playing a Yul, but some descriptions of boss jewels are kinda confusing to me.

For instance: Ring of Creation mentions: P.Atk/M. Skill Critical Damage +15%. Is this actual P.Atk Crit Dmg or P.Atk Skill Crit Dmg? Same description is on the Baium ring.

2 hours ago, SUPERCELL said:

Thanks! I decided to reroll the char to main Yul, much better now, currently lvl 104 :). I don't really plan to play Oly. Mainly here for the PVE.

Could someone point me in the right direction with regards to the jewels to get, and the progression from basic jewels to higher end ones? I know I have to put focus on P.Skill Crit Damage/Rate when playing a Yul, but some descriptions of boss jewels are kinda confusing to me.

For instance: Ring of Creation mentions: P.Atk/M. Skill Critical Damage +15%. Is this actual P.Atk Crit Dmg or P.Atk Skill Crit Dmg? Same description is on the Baium ring.

Has to specifically say Skill Crit dmg, which it doesn't, it only adds regular crit dmg

3 hours ago, SUPERCELL said:

Unfortunately there aren't too many "affordable" jewel options which give Skill Crit Dmg.  For rings you can go for the 30 Day Olympiad Ring and/or spend 400 NCoins a month and get the Paulina's Armor Set which gives a Skill CD ring (15% on both).  You can get an Atlas Earring and get it to +12 (100% Enchant Success Rate); it will give 5% Skill Crit Dmg.  Beyond that you're not going to be able to get any Skill CD jewels without spending BILLIONS! 

Ring of Creation gives 3% P.Attack (every little bit helps) and a Tauti gives 5% Skill power (kinda pricey).  You can grab an Octavis Warriors Necklace, it gives 3% P.Attack as well.  Grab a +5 Aries Charm for 5% Skill CD too.  As far as progression, I would probably shoot for a Ring of Creation, AQ or Baium Soul Ring, +12 Atlas Earring, Octavis Warrior Earring, and Octavis Warrior Necklace.     

Ofc go +++ Dex and, if you really are only PvE, you can get any lv4 Dyes.

• Thanks 1

On 6/1/2020 at 10:42 AM, SUPERCELL said:

Could someone point me in the right direction with regards to the jewels to get, and the progression from basic jewels to higher end ones?

There are several threads on p. skill crit items, but this one is probably most thorough:

https://forums.lineage2.com/topic/17438-physical-skill-critical-damage-which-items-have-it/?tab=comments#comment-118998

12 hours ago, Mystikal said:

There are several threads on p. skill crit items, but this one is probably most thorough:

https://forums.lineage2.com/topic/17438-physical-skill-critical-damage-which-items-have-it/?tab=comments#comment-118998

On 1-6-2020 at 11:54 PM, Rodah said:

Unfortunately there aren't too many "affordable" jewel options which give Skill Crit Dmg.  For rings you can go for the 30 Day Olympiad Ring and/or spend 400 NCoins a month and get the Paulina's Armor Set which gives a Skill CD ring (15% on both).  You can get an Atlas Earring and get it to +12 (100% Enchant Success Rate); it will give 5% Skill Crit Dmg.  Beyond that you're not going to be able to get any Skill CD jewels without spending BILLIONS! 

Ring of Creation gives 3% P.Attack (every little bit helps) and a Tauti gives 5% Skill power (kinda pricey).  You can grab an Octavis Warriors Necklace, it gives 3% P.Attack as well.  Grab a +5 Aries Charm for 5% Skill CD too.  As far as progression, I would probably shoot for a Ring of Creation, AQ or Baium Soul Ring, +12 Atlas Earring, Octavis Warrior Earring, and Octavis Warrior Necklace.     

Ofc go +++ Dex and, if you really are only PvE, you can get any lv4 Dyes.

Thanks for the detailed information. Much appreciated! 

I hit lvl 105 yesterday, and doing the 3rd exalted quest. With the current gear (exalted 1st and 2nd) I have, which areas would you recommend for solo exp/farming? I'll try some spots after the server is back up. I'll probably try the areas described in the quest description, but not sure if there are others where I could, as an archer, exp easier/more efficient. 

Edited by SUPERCELL

2 hours ago, SUPERCELL said:

Thanks for the detailed information. Much appreciated! 

I hit lvl 105 yesterday, and doing the 3rd exalted quest. With the current gear (exalted 1st and 2nd) I have, which areas would you recommend for solo exp/farming? I'll try some spots after the server is back up. I'll probably try the areas described in the quest description, but not sure if there are others where I could, as an archer, exp easier/more efficient. 

Full solo with only exalted gear you're gonna be stuck in BS.  IDK what server you are on but on Chronos there are always multiple 24/7 EV and/or Beleth groups running.  My advice would be to get in one of those.  Also keep doing Coal Mine and Castille daily.  The problem is I don't see how you can advance beyond that (not your fault).  There is just no way to make adena.  

I invested a fairly large chunk of $$ when I came back and I have 4 toons running non-stop; 2 fishers with Fancy Rods and 2 107+ DDs soloing in different areas.  With this setup up I bring in about 800m/day.  That is enough to keep me progressing but as my gear improves the price of better equipment starts to rise exponentially.  

10 hours ago, Rodah said:

Full solo with only exalted gear you're gonna be stuck in BS.  IDK what server you are on but on Chronos there are always multiple 24/7 EV and/or Beleth groups running.  My advice would be to get in one of those.  Also keep doing Coal Mine and Castille daily.  The problem is I don't see how you can advance beyond that (not your fault).  There is just no way to make adena.  

I invested a fairly large chunk of $$ when I came back and I have 4 toons running non-stop; 2 fishers with Fancy Rods and 2 107+ DDs soloing in different areas.  With this setup up I bring in about 800m/day.  That is enough to keep me progressing but as my gear improves the price of better equipment starts to rise exponentially.  

Sadly, there really is only one way to make lots of adena in this game quickly. The Devs aren't even trying to hide it anymore. Every place where there were decent adena drops have been nerfed to hell. With one hand they take away player's ability to earn income by hunting. With the other hand, they keep offering different "events" that require you to reach for your Visa/Amex. They encourage you to buy from them and sell to other players. That's the masterplan. Yes, it's as pathetic as it sounds.