PSA the screenshot contest winners have been announced

Dargor

In my opinion the one with adena art has nothing to do with the topic and has to be disqualified, 1 its a bad screen, bad art and I have no clue where is he 

Edited by aggony

56 minutes ago, aggony said:

In my opinion the one with adena art has nothing to do with the topic and has to be disqualified, 1 its a bad screen, bad art and I have no clue where is he 

It kinda looks like Dragon Valley(Large bones top left)... but yeah IF this was an Adena Art contest it would be tossed out on the first round.

Edited by Teribeth
  • Like 1

when it comes to art works gamers are the worst ,

ive seen in other games some drawings, worst than kindergarden kids can make,  made from 40-yo tryhrads to win some pixels LMAO

at least game designers had some taste so you guys would have seen clown parade :D

• Haha 1

I think my photo is pretty too but I respect the judges decision. I tried hard to have a well composed photograph. Anyone would love to win this, but I’m only sharing since everyone is sharing their thought. Good job Winners! Everyone is well deserved the win!

kp0AU1D.jpg

• Like 7

i dont know what the jury was guided by , choosing those actualy screenshots but i se here further more likly to win than those which they choose and the worst pictures are those with adena + other stuff writinggs but...lol... no comment

9 hours ago, Aiweiwei said:

I think my photo is pretty too but I respect the judges decision. I tried hard to have a well composed photograph. Anyone would love to win this, but I’m only sharing since everyone is sharing their thought. Good job Winners! Everyone is well deserved the win!

kp0AU1D.jpg

Love it, the Lil Juju almost look like jumping out from the dwarfie head hehehe. The scenery is really nice to :)
Of the winners ones, I like mini and lunastriel pics,

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Foxes said:

It was a discriminatory contest, only for USA and Canada residents, what did you expect?

Really looks like the "Impartial" Judges did google "Lineage 2 screenshot contest" or similar query... If it was an Adena Art contest both screens with Adena Art would have paled in comparison to most every other submission(the CP or Clan Screen has some degree of merit but the other one is meh) 

(No text, watermarks or edits, and entries must not contain any potentially copyrighted or trademarked designs) this part was understood to discourage Adena Art in general, and specific TM names/logos like Pepsi or Coca-cola.

Edited by SAXnVl0LlNS
  • Like 1

Helpful hint to those are upset about the winners because they had 50 mobs and 10 skills in the shot:

They want the shots that show-off the game's graphics, texturing, and environments. Turn your graphics off of lowest settings (polygon mode) and compose a shot like you're taking a real life picture. Rules didn't say to have mobs in the shot so why cover your character with mobs, text, and so many skills you can't even tell what's going on? It wasn't about trying to fit as much stuff in the shot as possible. Designers call this concept 'economy' and it means don't put in unnecessary extra stuff. Only put in what enhances the picture. I did think a few people on this post had some really great entries too though! I really like the EV waterfalls shot for composition and graphics showcase (AiWeiwei -- great shot!). I found Uriel's shot to be really nice too and agree that either of those two could have easily been a winner too. ICrypt had a decent shot also...other than that though? I think most missed the point and just had too much going on in the shot--too busy! If you want to put in mobs also, try to limit the above mob text showing up as it's distracting too and will take away from the immersion of the shot.

Not flaming though--art major here, just trying to chime in and give a clue as to part of the reason for selections. I wasn't a judge and my picks would have included the 2 I mentioned above but, alas, not my call to make. Grats to the winners!

• Thanks 1

Man I can just feel the rain of salt from here... Everyone think their screenshot is the most beautiful and should have won.
What I see here are people who interpreted the rules in the wrong way, and are mad about it.
The screenshot is supposed to focus on the background to begin with, many of you guys tried to had fancy effects and animations from skills, but from my perspective, it's overloading the screen and doesn't make it look good. Sure, it's creative, but you missed the main point. The goal imo was to focus on the scenery, not on your skill animations or on the mobs of the hunting ground. Because isn't that what a picture of a specific place is about to begin with, to have the landscape? Everything else is optional and is here to add some style and effect for the beauty of the area.
I agree that I would have chosen some of the screen shown here over some of the actual winners myself, but you losing doesn't mean the contest is biased. Grow up and learn to take a loss.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Jeune said:

Man I can just feel the rain of salt from here... Everyone think their screenshot is the most beautiful and should have won.

I havent submitted anything. I just posted an exotic Juji screenshot here,  thats all. I dont need any gear, I have won L2.

Edited by golemka
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, golemka said:

I havent submitted anything. I just posted an exotic Juji screenshot here,  thats all. I dont need any gear, I have won L2.

I wasn't including you, actually.
Mostly talking about the people who were REALLY REALLY whiny in this thread

Edited by Jeune