War System

Out

1 hour ago, TDxDan said:

yeah another bad habit of the pk system.

A bad habit of the PK system was when you left your char unattended for 5 minutes, come back to PC, and find it dead, with a red name, and with items missing. It's due to the PK scammers and the GMs inability to deal with them all that you have the PK system that you have now. This system will be changed next week, but apparently people will complain about war system then :S

"Dying" is a part of this game. It always was. And at the moment, you're just losing XP from dying (before you would lose items if you died for mobs :|). When you have bots swarming all over your hunting spots, you're gonna come back here, in this forum, to complain about that. And guess what? You'll probably won't be able to PK them after next week's patch. 

1 hour ago, Nymphadorae said:

A bad habit of the PK system was when you left your char unattended for 5 minutes, come back to PC, and find it dead, with a red name, and with items missing. It's due to the PK scammers and the GMs inability to deal with them all that you have the PK system that you have now. This system will be changed next week, but apparently people will complain about war system then :S

"Dying" is a part of this game. It always was. And at the moment, you're just losing XP from dying (before you would lose items if you died for mobs :|). When you have bots swarming all over your hunting spots, you're gonna come back here, in this forum, to complain about that. And guess what? You'll probably won't be able to PK them after next week's patch. 

I totally agree about your first paragraph. The inability to deal with pk scammers, led us today in this PK system. 

About War System, yes dying is part of the game, and l2 is a hardcore game. Everyone wants to play pvp, or try at least. The problem that i mentioned in the original post, is that the War between clans, should be a different thing, than the random pvp for hunting spots, or castle sieges. 

If a clan wants to go full war, so be it. But the 5 kills triggering war, takes away the opportunity from someone, to defend a hunting a spot. Also, Wars, should not be triggered as well in castle sieges. 

If there is no possibility for NC to remove the 5 kills trigger, at least, they should give the chance to terminate a war instantly, with a kind of penalty or something, without searching which member is in combat mode somewhere in the map, afk for ever. 

In every situation, the War system, has flaws, and at the moment, is working for the benefit of the bullies. The game should give the chance and the opportunity to everyone, to pvp whenever they want, and also, to defend themselves, whenever they want. 

• Like 5

It is very hard to devise a static system that cannot be manipulated. There needs to be some kind of inertia implemented in the war triggering system in order to make things more fair for both sides.

What I mean by inertia is a counter that has a trigger and a set timeout. For example, if we fight for a spot, you declare war, this is a spur-of-the-moment. Other clannies should not suffer for our fight. This should be isolated event for example during one hour, and after that if I go on a killing spree, sure, the war should become two-way. There are many ways this could be implemented, but it is not simple to do without exploring all options and ways this could be used to bully the enemy side.

I wish NC would give us a testing server.

• Like 1