Tanga or Ari???

Odyssey

So as the title states and to make it simpler

What is best multiplier for the Dagger?

5% Pattack + 5% P. Crit. Damage

or 5% Skill Power? (the skill cooldown for me is irrelevant since i already have a very good skill cooldown)

I'd say the Skill power because daggers doesn't stack so well with Patk and blows increased damage formula depends on both physical critical damage + physical skill critical damage? I might be wrong here.

2 hours ago, Neesir said:

I'd say the Skill power because daggers doesn't stack so well with Patk and blows increased damage formula depends on both physical critical damage + physical skill critical damage? I might be wrong here.

The Damage formula of the Dagger is affected by all of the Homunkulus' stats

iirc the Skill Power bonus is added in he formula at some point while pattack and pcrit dmg is a multiplier

it is a bit confusing that's why i ask if someone has actualy decoded the formula and concluded in a result

On 5/27/2020 at 7:54 AM, Odyssey said:

So as the title states and to make it simpler

What is best multiplier for the Dagger?

5% Pattack + 5% P. Crit. Damage

or 5% Skill Power? (the skill cooldown for me is irrelevant since i already have a very good skill cooldown)

i went top tanga. largely bc i got it 1st, still miss top ari.

however, in my tests, patk + crit dmg is better than p skill power alone as far as the damage output. 

what needs to be decided against is the reuse of ari.  the extar skill reuse wont make a difference on any stab because they are typically ready to use again once you get to them. larger cool down skills it would be helpful on (angel of death, ue, etc).  hide cant be made perma even with a top ari and the old refresh augs unless u crit hide, so thats a mute point on the reuse.

regarding skill power vs crit dmg on a dagger, crit damage scales better in my tests.  this means 1% crit dmg > 1% skill power in dmg increase.

so, for which is better?  both are good. imo the tanga will provide harder hitting stabs.  the ari isnt bad tho.

the main thing is wait for a top grade ari or tanga, then invest in it.  if you are lucky enough to have both top grade ari and tanga and tons of enchant pts, do u wanna crit harder or have angel of death and ue slightly faster?  the 5% cool down just only affects like 10% of skills you use in a noticeable way.

i play more of a glass cannon style, so tanga works for me.  ari is definitely the choice for yul and tyr tho imo.

Edited by Hyperlite
typo

1 hour ago, Hyperlite said:

i went top tanga. largely bc i got it 1st, still miss top ari.

however, in my tests, patk + crit dmg is better than p skill power alone as far as the damage output. 

what needs to be decided against is the reuse of ari.  the extar skill reuse wont make a difference on any stab because they are typically ready to use again once you get to them. larger cool down skills it would be helpful on (angel of death, ue, etc).  hide cant be made perma even with a top ari and the old refresh augs unless u crit hide, so thats a mute point on the reuse.

regarding skill power vs crit dmg on a dagger, crit damage scales better in my tests.  this means 1% crit dmg > 1% skill power in dmg increase.

so, for which is better?  both are good. imo the tanga will provide harder hitting stabs.  the ari isnt bad tho.

the main thing is wait for a top grade ari or tanga, then invest in it.  if you are lucky enough to have both top grade ari and tanga and tons of enchant pts, do u wanna crit harder or have angel of death and ue slightly faster?  the 5% cool down just only affects like 10% of skills you use in a noticeable way.

i play more of a glass cannon style, so tanga works for me.  ari is definitely the choice for yul and tyr tho imo.

Well basicaly it is because i got the Luminous Tanga (finaly a top grade one) i started wondering but i decide to lvl it anyway.

Haven't reached Lvl 4 or 5 yet but watching the blows when the 5% Pattack triggers i believe is a good choice

the only CON until now is that it needs a normal attack to trigger the buff so i had to modify my macro to get advantage of it, just a small cost on SS non significant to even mention it

I also believe that the P Attcak on the dagger is very underestimated in fron of the Crit Dmg 

time will show as i keep trying to get a Luminous Ari also as a second one

6 minutes ago, Odyssey said:

Well basicaly it is because i got the Luminous Tanga (finaly a top grade one) i started wondering but i decide to lvl it anyway.

Haven't reached Lvl 4 or 5 yet but watching the blows when the 5% Pattack triggers i believe is a good choice

the only CON until now is that it needs a normal attack to trigger the buff so i had to modify my macro to get advantage of it, just a small cost on SS non significant to even mention it

I also believe that the P Attcak on the dagger is very underestimated in fron of the Crit Dmg 

time will show as i keep trying to get a Luminous Ari also as a second one

On dagger, crit dmg > skill power > Patk on how it increases damage.