ISS Enchanter

seen that in recent updates all classes have been given Iss buffs. thus made the class uneeded for PVE xp, everyone is xping solo.. You should consider giving the class a boost  in PVEing (either stats or a skill or two). You left classes "die" before dont let enchanters too

• Like 1

A skill or two? Like pom, br, healing skill, debuffing, 100% res, level 2 harmony, level 5 buffs, and handful of other including class specific buffs of the sws and bd that stack on pom.

The ISS is fine, it's a support class, it's not going to become a DD, self buffs are not good enough to replace a boxed ISS or buff pots from store, which if you wanna claim a decline in work availability for ISS mains is because of boxes and pots in pve.

• Like 1

To fully buff using self buffs for 24 hours you'll use 48,480 spirit ores which will cost you 22,300,800 adena at the very least. Iss buffs are better, you get br and a lv2 harmony among other things (like pom or bison) which you don't have from self buffs. People won't count on a random iss to do their activities but rather they'll either have a trusted iss or use a box of theirs, because it just works better. Iss is fine.

31 minutes ago, Dargor said:

To fully buff using self buffs for 24 hours you'll use 48,480 spirit ores which will cost you 22,300,800 adena at the very least. Iss buffs are better, you get br and a lv2 harmony among other things (like pom or bison) which you don't have from self buffs. People won't count on a random iss to do their activities but rather they'll either have a trusted iss or use a box of theirs, because it just works better. Iss is fine.

I would spend 23kk to not have to share my xp for 24 hours, np!  Yes, Iss buffs are better, but sometimes ya dont need better, mobs only spawn so fast.  Another problem is the cocktails, I'm not gonna bring an Iss to IoS, I'd rather pop a cocktail.  I can see how an active Iss would start to worry.

1 hour ago, Degus said:

I would spend 23kk to not have to share my xp for 24 hours, np!  Yes, Iss buffs are better, but sometimes ya dont need better, mobs only spawn so fast.  Another problem is the cocktails, I'm not gonna bring an Iss to IoS, I'd rather pop a cocktail.  I can see how an active Iss would start to worry.

Most players can't beat the spawn time. Others (especially those without prestige and fancy items) barely break even daily. I doubt they'd go for worse and more costly buffs than to have their own iss instead and I don't think you need me to tell you how to have your iss move out of range so you only have to share xp with it for a matter of minutes per day. Different classes have differing amounts of usefulness at any given time. I think that we can all agree that lately the game is centered around playing on your own rather than playing with others. What the affected classes can do is evolve or wait it out and see if any future changes are in their favor. Playing a support class as your main class means you're most likely going to have to rely on others one way or another.

Even with Hands of Einhasad and top equipment borrowed from my CL, I will always wish that my ISS did more damage PVE. I hate xp leaches too, sometimes, even as support. Give me a 24 hour skill where I can kill fast and not be dependent on good parties, or have to deal with yipper yappers. Charge me soul stones, spirit stones or whatever, I'll pay.

i'm surprised to see people thinking to play on ISS in this times. Lineage 2 is solo playable game now. I’m ISS SM ( almost 10 years )  but not playing anymore on my main. Sometimes if I have chance I do some instance but most of time I play now on dual class. Waiting for better times when ISS will back as helpful character and not as a box. Also will be nice to see service to change dual class for main like was that before in the past years ago...

10 hours ago, Kikuchi said:

i'm surprised to see people thinking to play on ISS in this times. Lineage 2 is solo playable game now. I’m ISS SM ( almost 10 years )  but not playing anymore on my main. Sometimes if I have chance I do some instance but most of time I play now on dual class. Waiting for better times when ISS will back as helpful character and not as a box. Also will be nice to see service to change dual class for main like was that before in the past years ago...

Playable w/o active iss, yes, ideal, hell no.  You're all forgetting you are supposed to play this game, not pick your circle of mobs, right click and come back 6 hrs later.  It's a support class, not a dd. you aren't suppose to go out on your own and smash mobs.  As for changing dual to maim, never happened and probably never will.

6 hours ago, Degus said:

Playable w/o active iss, yes, ideal, hell no.  You're all forgetting you are supposed to play this game, not pick your circle of mobs, right click and come back 6 hrs later.  It's a support class, not a dd. you aren't suppose to go out on your own and smash mobs.  As for changing dual to maim, never happened and probably never will.

I don't think anyone who has ever played an ISS ever forgets. They're just looking for evolution, as the OP points out that everyone now has access to basic ISS buffs, which is itself contradictory to "you aren't supposed to go out on your own and smash mobs." The other classes are supposed to need ISS support just as much, if not more. Giving a little extra PVE love to ISS isn't a bad idea. But everyone is right: the game looks to be moving away from the need for ISS at least in common aspects of game. 

I´m a Yull I go lvl up with dominator iss out of pt, yes i spend spirit ore like crazy but all the xp is for me, but I agree with this post, is not only hard on is but on tanks and healers too, it´s hard for me to tell a clan friend who has a support class to come xp with me, we need a good pt bonus, but not like the one we had when u could leave a char in town and get the party bonus and more xp, we need a buf like the (party solidarity) of old times, and that for every char the xp would go +1 up to +6 if pt full

Just an idea

I don't get this conversation. You don't need help to lvl your iss. In this game if you want to keep your iss,. Lvl's 1-105 takes you a hot second. You already have the iss for buffs so make a DD and lvl yourself. My oldest, but not highest, character is my iss. My dagger is now keeping her moving right along. I use her as needed, but she'll be ready if the game changes and I really need her. I don't need to be in a party, I make the party. The only boost an ISS needs is a 105 evis lvling side by side. 

• Like 1