Incoming PK System

Doroty

it's a surprise like most things in this server. You get the joy or discovering things yourself. Half-information, speculations and superstitions all around. To paraphrase the now legendary EA hearing on lootboxes :"It's surprise mechanics".

I like to imagine the NCsotf meetings like a game of DnD. Noone knows exactly what s happening, someone throws out a random idea, they throw a couple of dice and whatever happens happens 

Edited by b0uff0s
  • Like 1

@Juji @Hime

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE consider clearing PK counts if you're going to force us to go back to a item drop PK system.  You guys changed it, people no longer cared about PK counts but now if counts matter we need to be able to reset them.  It needs to be easy to reset the TOTAL count.  Don't sell us a 5 count scroll.  I have hundreds, others will have 1000s of counts to clear.

15 hours ago, KissMyKnife said:

I would be happy if they remove the gaining exp lower -rep D

7 minutes ago, Kurison said:

@Juji @Hime

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE consider clearing PK counts if you're going to force us to go back to a item drop PK system.  You guys changed it, people no longer cared about PK counts but now if counts matter we need to be able to reset them.  It needs to be easy to reset the TOTAL count.  Don't sell us a 5 count scroll.  I have hundreds, others will have 1000s of counts to clear.

How about Black Judge can reduce by 50% your PK count and - reputation  for 1 Level loss... 1 time per day and you can't go below Level 85.(there would be some chronic PK's that will run out of levels before they get PK count down enough to use scrolls)

18 hours ago, KissMyKnife said:

thank you snowmaiden :) what else you like to see?

As you see he misses that refinery days that steal dropped items by abusing karma and clear pk's with sin eater!

Just dropping this in for conversation as well.

Since the "no penalty" pk system was introduced, people have stacked up their PK count.

I hope that the new system will also take in consideration this and do something about it.

So unless PK count is not traded with Bloods, then we should be seeing some sort of adjustments.

Cheers

5 hours ago, magistralis said:

With the new next target system, I don't think we will have that problem again.

A summoner controls pets that are non player characters. It can still happen, just no point since u don't drop anymore.

18 hours ago, Kurison said:

@Juji @Hime

Nah, people with 1k+ PKs will be white; that's all they should get.  I'm not saying everyone with 1k+ PKs abused the system but......clearly a LOT did.  Why else would they be making this change. 

On 5/29/2020 at 11:42 AM, Kurison said:

@Juji @Hime

Let's think of PK as a Class. Chaotic class. What happens to other classes when adverse changes come along unexpectedly? Do those classes get mitigating treatment? Of course not. Some classes get screwed so hard that they are unplayable. For years. They thought they were making the right choice by choosing those classes. Through no fault of their own they found out they were wrong.

Now let's apply that same logic to Chaotic class. A class that should be an unprotected class. If a player makes a choice to go red every now and then, that's forgivable. But excessive PK counts means a player made a choice to kill frequently, and usually, indiscriminately. If changes come along to the PK system, players should live with the choices that they made. If that means that those Chaotic toons are now unplayable, just like so many other classes are basically unplayable because of changes, so be it.

Edited by Mystikal