Jump to content
ArctodusSimus

Exp/Mob in 2020| Years to reach 110 ( Exp runes, ncoin boosts useless. Quests nerfed )

Recommended Posts

Few months needed to make 1 level and at this rate, 1 year + to even consider going to TOI, etc. Want to join a party for Antharas instance? Forget it! 
No point in leaving PC at night to Exp or be in-game wasted electricity; more to the electric bill and less to L2 ncoins.

Simple question:

Do you want more exp/mob?

No philosophical debates no intellectual masturbations.  Its a yes or no question.

P.S. Who made this happen made no real study of how it will impact our game experience. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aleppo    12

Personally I'd dispense the XP. I'm all for the "intellectual masturbations" :)

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Aleppo said:

Personally I'd dispense the XP. I'm all for the "intellectual masturbations" :)

so that's a no :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mixa    494

Takes several months to get to 110 if farming properly. Spend your ncoins on runes and vit if you want to level faster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mystikal    66

It's better to have server boost than more mobs. More mobs usually means more lag.

But maybe if NCSoft had a way of making hunting grounds dynamic. If no one is there, mobs disappear. But when someone arrives, mobs appear at a rate proportionate to number of people in the area up to a certain limit. That way mobs would vanish in 98% of the map -- areas where they are not needed and are just using up resources.

I would do the same thing for town NPCs. Most of them are just there for local color. Quests have all but been removed from game, so really they can remove many more NPCs, if they want to. Every little bit helps.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mystikal    66

And in case I'm not clear, yes more mobs if no server boost. No, if there is server boosts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DragonClaw    1

The game is currently what it shoud be is. It turns out that, due to the lag, NCSoft gave players so much exp boost that it left them lazy, just like you. Unlike some, the journey to 110 took more than a year. Stop complaining and go up, if you can't, quit the game, but don't complain on forum about EXP BASE RATE, this is ridiculous. Sorry for the aggressiveness but post's like that are annoying.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
b0uff0s    39
Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, DragonClaw said:

The game is currently what it shoud be is. It turns out that, due to the lag, NCSoft gave players so much exp boost that it left them lazy, just like you. Unlike some, the journey to 110 took more than a year. Stop complaining and go up, if you can't, quit the game, but don't complain on forum about EXP BASE RATE, this is ridiculous. Sorry for the aggressiveness but post's like that are annoying.

well the thing is there is nothing left in the game m8. nothing to actually do or farm, just afk it till the sun stops rising. problem imo is not the xp, it's the content, if you have something to do in the game to take your mind off the mindnumbing afking you don't notice the grind and the people will sotp complaining (at least for the xp) 

Edited by b0uff0s
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DragonClaw said:

The game is currently what it shoud be is. It turns out that, due to the lag, NCSoft gave players so much exp boost that it left them lazy, just like you. Unlike some, the journey to 110 took more than a year. Stop complaining and go up, if you can't, quit the game, but don't complain on forum about EXP BASE RATE, this is ridiculous. Sorry for the aggressiveness but post's like that are annoying.

Depending on what period you have reached your LVL 110 it is very possible that you had double Exp / event Exp by default in that period. There were months with that applied as i remember. 
 

 

3 hours ago, Harperz said:

no, endgame should be hard :ph34r:

IMO, equip makes the end game not level but I could be wrong.

 

 

6 hours ago, mixa said:

Takes several months to get to 110 if farming properly. Spend your ncoins on runes and vit if you want to level faster.

I see your point but, you are talking in a perspective that you already had made LVL 110 several months ago or maybe a year. I'm talking in the context of today.
Just like in electronics boosting a week signal will give you more "noise" so you have to clear that etc. 

If base Exp is small, no point in boosting it. You get a narrow result in the Exp curve anyway. You can even trace it in simple programs like Excel, input your data every day in a sheet, and then graph it.
7-day exp in the same region same party same duration no busts and then 7-day with boosts not a big impact in exp curve. 

Saving Eur/dollars for something that is worth spending on looks like a good decision at the moment.

would be nice if you guys just respond with yes or no . :)
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rodah    48

I don't have a problem with XP rates but, something absolutely must be done about the party XP system.  As it stands there is zero incentive to party with other players.  I can solo no problem but I actually like to party with people in an MMO (shocker). 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ProDigY    10
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, ArctodusSimus said:

Few months needed to make 1 level and at this rate, 1 year + to even consider going to TOI, etc. Want to join a party for Antharas instance? Forget it! 
No point in leaving PC at night to Exp or be in-game wasted electricity; more to the electric bill and less to L2 ncoins.

Simple question:

Do you want more exp/mob?

No philosophical debates no intellectual masturbations.  Its a yes or no question.

P.S. Who made this happen made no real study of how it will impact our game experience. 

This is a grind-marathon type of game. Before F2P/P2W, to get 3% within 3 hours of grinding on a typical day was considered a good day. 

These new changes allowing newbies to level up to 85 within a couple of hours has made you guys soft. Before in-game macros & Ncoin, it would've taken the average legit gamer over a year to reach 85.

With that said, this game (like all others in the gaming industry) is now designed to milk you. So either choose to grind it out or empty your wallet.

Edited by ProDigY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DragonClaw    1

I don't see any problem with the EXP rate staying the way it is, after all, it's the normal rate. But what I think ridiculous is the PT EXP being rubbish. They should encourage the UP in PT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mixa    494

You can extrapolate my answer, which is both yes and no.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
b0uff0s    39
11 hours ago, ProDigY said:

This is a grind-marathon type of game. Before F2P/P2W, to get 3% within 3 hours of grinding on a typical day was considered a good day. 

These new changes allowing newbies to level up to 85 within a couple of hours has made you guys soft. Before in-game macros & Ncoin, it would've taken the average legit gamer over a year to reach 85.

With that said, this game (like all others in the gaming industry) is now designed to milk you. So either choose to grind it out or empty your wallet.

the difference is the average legit player did not farm for xp (mostly), he/she farmed for something, a quest reward, an item, a drop, s spoil, a random raid, xp was most of the time a side-effect 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, b0uff0s said:

the difference is the average legit player did not farm for xp (mostly), he/she farmed for something, a quest reward, an item, a drop, s spoil, a random raid, xp was most of the time a side-effect 

True, also the exp bar/target lvl was narrower than today. Everything got bigger: dmg/s vs price/item, Exp bar also bigger and of course the time needed to be spent to achieve a goal. It's different from year to year.   Not a bad thing, but base Exp is to narrow to fill the gap in order to achieve that goal. 
If work required has doubled or tripled, shouldn't the rewards be appropriate to effort/adena/ncoin its put in?
Think ahead IMO, not just for today. 

There is no loss for anyone if base Exp is improved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lhbr    0

I think the game should be more worked for instances, stop a little with this 24/7 grind with this auto farm system that they created. It would be really cool if there was a series of instances that players CAN DO, a player 107 can enter with their PT 107 full exalted and manage to make the instances stop leveling, even if it takes a while, giving a nice amount of exp, like the 10 tri that IT provides. That scheme of you will go Storm Isle After Primavel Isle and IT and ended your day is not funny. There are several instances in Aden and I can't go and I'm a Feoh 108 with a bloody +12 weapon with a +10 set. Mobs don't even blink.
The current EXP for killing normal mob is good, what is missing are add-ons, so we can play the game and not leave it at the auto farm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SerraCat    0
20 hours ago, Harperz said:

no, endgame should be hard :ph34r:

Yeah... Because the early is so easy right? That free exalted you can farm DRAGON WEAPONS!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Djos    18
15 hours ago, ProDigY said:

This is a grind-marathon type of game. Before F2P/P2W, to get 3% within 3 hours of grinding on a typical day was considered a good day. 

These new changes allowing newbies to level up to 85 within a couple of hours has made you guys soft. Before in-game macros & Ncoin, it would've taken the average legit gamer over a year to reach 85.

With that said, this game (like all others in the gaming industry) is now designed to milk you. So either choose to grind it out or empty your wallet.

Newbie fast path was always a thing ... during Gracia it took 1h to get to lvl 20 and there even was a side quest to skip quests related to 2nd class transfer in exchange of adena... it's just a basic game mechanic to help newcomers and eventually rerolls to catch up... newbies buffs and weapon/armor exchange through npc were even available for new players during C3 and as u said game wasn't that soft back then 😅

3 hours ago, b0uff0s said:

the difference is the average legit player did not farm for xp (mostly), he/she farmed for something, a quest reward, an item, a drop, s spoil, a random raid, xp was most of the time a side-effect 

Yeah it's sad to see that updates now mostly consist in erasing game content and giving new stats to some old mobs to "create" new hunting zones.

It's a global change which basically started in GoD but back then devs were still producing new content, quests and areas.

Now nothing new seems to be introduced. It's pretty much the opposite : content become thinner every update, they're just tweaking mobs and players stats numbers to keep them "entertained"...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
extase1987    46

I started in December to play. From gearing up to exp, I am lvl108 54,7% in a 6 month interval. I make 2 - 2,5% per day at lvl108 with 200% Rune.

And boy, I do everyday: Castilla 110, IT, PI, Storm, IOS, Phantasmal Ridge (because it gives me the best exp/hour at lvl108 with my gear!).

I even quit my CP because we were all doing more exp in solo/duo mode everywhere than being in party together in Tanor/Alligator/FoM.

This is just hilarious to ask someone to "pay" for experience vitality potions when you see how long it takes to lvl.

@mixa I would do 4-5%% per day with Vitality Maintaining Potion (1h), this would cost 3.840 NCoins per day and 115k NCoins per month. Means 1-2k euros per month for "exping" in a game. Hell no this is crazy and totally cut from reality.

@ArctodusSimus equipment makes a huge difference, but the majority comes from lvl. I saw a huge damage increase from 107 -> 108 without even changing my gear, I am sure once I hit 109 it will happen again.

During 16th anniversary event, exp bar was moving way better and it looked like all server was moving forward correctly.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Neesir    26

Tbh lvling should be hard but you are not focusing on the big issue here, it isn't fun, no content and just plain boring. Prestige pack and Destiny pack should be reworked cause they are half obsolete in the current state of the game.

The big issue here is the lack of content and good events, something is going very wrong in the current servers, they are full of problems right now, lag, d/c's, and we don't even have an event atm. I really hope they fix it soon and give the community better events. Also this problems led to a lot of gifts and XP events/items, witch further increased the boredom of today.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Neesir    26
On 31/05/2020 at 5:16 PM, Mystikal said:

It's better to have server boost than more mobs. More mobs usually means more lag.

But maybe if NCSoft had a way of making hunting grounds dynamic. If no one is there, mobs disappear. But when someone arrives, mobs appear at a rate proportionate to number of people in the area up to a certain limit. That way mobs would vanish in 98% of the map -- areas where they are not needed and are just using up resources.

I would do the same thing for town NPCs. Most of them are just there for local color. Quests have all but been removed from game, so really they can remove many more NPCs, if they want to. Every little bit helps.

NPC's don't lag the server, neither do mobs, it's the players iterations in large crowded areas that lag the server, to much information being transferred, to many actions.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ProDigY    10
6 hours ago, b0uff0s said:

the difference is the average legit player did not farm for xp (mostly), he/she farmed for something, a quest reward, an item, a drop, s spoil, a random raid, xp was most of the time a side-effect 

Nah... we were grinding for all of the above simultaneously. Remember our Varka/Orc grind days?? Those quests were something serious :$. I mean if we were to chase an enemy into the opposite area that would ruin our faction in a PvP party & someone would kill a mob, we'd go insane about losing our faction ranking. 

Don't get me reminiscing on the "good ol' days" of L2.:x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ProDigY    10
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Djos said:

... newbies buffs and weapon/armor exchange through npc were even available for new players during C3 and as u said game wasn't that soft back then

Yeah true indeed but I'm really old school. I started in 2003 closed beta. The game was still in Korean & shots weren't auto. 

Even with the new "fast track" quests in Gracia, it was never as bad as this. Most of the average players knew how to play their classes. They knew how to navigate the map. Also, they didn't need anyone to tell them step by step instructions on how to gear their toons. 

That's the problem with most of the newbies today. Game content isn't introduced to them until after Lv.85. In the past, legit players knew 80% of what they needed to know about game mechanics by Lv.40.¬¬

Edited by ProDigY
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ProDigY    10
1 hour ago, Neesir said:

Tbh lvling should be hard but you are not focusing on the big issue here, it isn't fun, no content and just plain boring....

I'm cosigning on the boring remark.:( I haven't done any actual playing in a couple of weeks.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×