Live Server Maintenance: Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Hime

I read about the new pk system... and its not a smart change. I really miss the original Pk system because it was much more "fair and square"  than the one you want to implement (If you pk, you can drop!). This kind of "update" just keeps damaging L2 spirit...

23 minutes ago, palfer said:

(If you pk, you can drop!)

no no no, just stop you cant won. that era ended forever!
btw why we need drop penalty in pk, you rez yourself and you can continue, and if you afk you will not revenge it. pk=drop a 100b worth drop really? that your punishment?

These prices get worse and worse as the events go on.  Used to be 100 Gem boxes for 8k $100, now its 100 boxes for I think it was $150 last event.. is it like Cost of Living each year NC Soft prices go higher while we get less? Doritos Bags used to be 99 cents now its $1.50 and there is more air in the bag than chips.  NC Soft keeps raising prices and giving us less each and every year.  We already pay the most and get the least free from events.  Honestly I'm about ready to sell all I own and be done with this crap of being stolen from each time and forced to pay higher prices if I want to advance.

@Juji

This event is a good example of how bad you guys (NCSoft) are working. The event itself is a good event, the items available to be bought with the event coins are good items to be in such event BUT, even tho i know you have almost zero say on anything about this game, (One might ask what you and your employees do if the Korean side controls everything in game) you still should have made a reply to Korea saying, "hey, the prices you asking are in most cases highly above the market prices" because it's somehow understandable that they make such a mistake, mostly because they probably don't have access to your server's market prices, but you guys do.

You know there's no logic on asking 210m for a rune stone (using 2m/per NCoin conversion, most people sell at 2.5m, so that's as cheap as it gets) when the cheapest price on the market is 150m. (and that's already too much as for long time it was around 80m-100m) The majority of the items in the list are like that, extremely overpriced.

Now i know you gonna make some money from this event, there are plenty of gambling addicts in this game that you are going to clean with the 40 coin gamble box, but your company just missed an excellent opportunity to make some money AND keep your costumers happy.

The idea on events like this is to have prices of consumables at a guaranteed minimum, making sure they don't go too up and, by forcing ppl to pay a minimum value, not too down either. Having like this has absolutely no sense whatsoever!

Edited by BurnCycle
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, BurnCycle said:

@Juji

This event is a good example of how bad you guys (NCSoft) are working. The event itself is a good event, the items available to be bought with the event coins are good items to be in such event BUT, even tho i know you have almost zero say on anything about this game, (One might ask what you and your employees do if the Korean side controls everything in game) you still should have made a reply to Korea saying, "hey, the prices you asking are in most cases highly above the market prices" because it's somehow understandable that they make such a mistake, mostly because they probably don't have access to your server's market prices, but you guys do.

You know there's no logic on asking 210m for a rune stone (using 2m/per NCoin conversion, most people sell at 2.5m, so that's as cheap as it gets) when the cheapest price on the market is 150m. (and that's already too much as for long time it was around 80m-100m) The majority of the items in the list are like that, extremely overpriced.

Now i know you gonna make some money from this event, there are plenty of gambling addicts in this game that you are going to clean with the 40 coin gamble box, but your company just missed an excellent opportunity to make some money AND keep your costumers happy.

The idea on events like this is to have prices of consumables at a guaranteed minimum, making sure they don't go to up and by forcing ppl to pay a minimum value, not too down either. Having like this has absolutely no sense whatsoever!

This is a great summary of the Explosion in NC Prices over the pass year. 

1 hour ago, FoToMoTo said:

500$ for random lvl5 jewel... 

or you can gamble 50 box for 100$

You dont have a shame making l2 NA most expensive game on planet earth ;)

Looks like the new dyes will be the focus, not la vie. 3600 ncoin per lvl 1 super dye and the compound items are cheaper.

No one will spend that for a random 5 or 4.

TBH this is a great event, overpriced but great, just one thing remains, if the gamble does not pay off, you will lose the majority of the players here. Servers have been lagging and disconnecting players, which is normal with all this newcomers with this pandemic running around, but you guys have failed to improve it, you have managed to fail quite a few events for now, the last one, as an anniversary, was the worst ever and player base has plummeted, there is no progression for the majority of the players, no pvp in a pvp game, which is quite odd if you ask me, everything is just to pricey in the l2store which in turn makes people going around without paying a cent, widening the gap between the haves and the haves not, this used to be fun but even gamble is to expensive. If some top players gather and try to control the market, they simply can, and they do, the game economy should be thriving with all these new players buying NCcoins to catch up, but they are driving away from here, this is not about exp, but simply because it became dead, not fun at all. I love this game but it is sad to see this game, which survived for so long, with so many memories, dying because of a bad business model, you had the chance to improve the costumer base in the latest months but were simply not competent enough to do so.

Happy costumers spend money on their hobbies, unhappy ones do not.

I'm not a jack of all trades but is easy to see a lot of good examples going around in the games industry and they are easy to learn up with, are you not able to call your own shots, is that it? Because if you can, you should, game needs more players and you kinda missed the opportunity so far.

Edited by Neesir

5 hours ago, Juji said:

It is separate from XP base. Party base XP is the amount fo XP you earn in a party. We had this setting previously enabled back in March.

Its will work with party buff bug - like last 2 years? 2 (or more) in party - party stay in city and dd getting all party bonus? :):):)

so, finally you made pk system available only for top players :D GJ

@Juji on the last year end: we will lower prices in cash store significantly>>>after few promo with way higher prices: @Jujiwe change rewards so thats why prices are higher( good rewards are 0.00001 chance to get). Also this system of transforming real money in virtual coins is a trap and almost a scam to confuse player to do not see the real value of the the item...Money to ncoin to market coin...its only to make ppl belive they spend less>>>scam.

Btw, why NcWest dont have his own PST server to test bugs,etc and use live servers to replicate?
Thats one reason for different problems we have :). You broke the server every time and put the blame on players ips, computers,region, wheather,etc.

Edited by TheThrax

4 hours ago, Hyperlite said:

Looks like the new dyes will be the focus, not la vie. 3600 ncoin per lvl 1 super dye and the compound items are cheaper.

No one will spend that for a random 5 or 4.

Remember if compound fail u will loose your 3600 ncoins :) with one click... and compare to compound rate its a big chance you will :P

@FoToMoTo The 500$ Example was way better!

I think the problem of NCSoft is that they don't follow the players!, going on 500$ for a random piece of crap is way too much. Ok i would be first to take a lvl.5 jewel from NCStore for 100$ but for 500$ and a random one is too far away from reality.

There is half or even more players on servers which are from Europe, as for my  example i am from EUNE.

In some country the medium salary / wage is @500-1000 Euro. And you come and put in shop an event with a price equal to a month of work. It is non-sense price, those players can spend let's say an average of 100-200 Euro for a hobby, in this scenario L2. But damn how they can afford to take a 500 $ Random Jewel. Ok they will sacrifice 1 month to take 1 in best scenario but there are 6 slots on brooch inventory or less depends on your brooch. How the hell 1 normal player can afford 3.000 + euro for some randoms jewels when that means half year of real work ??

If you get me a good answer to this @Juji or @Hime i gonna give u the Nobel Prize!

Best regards!

Edited by Nastyyy
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Nastyyy said:

@FoToMoTo The 500$ Example was way better!

I think the problem of NCSoft is that they don't follow the players!, going on 500$ for a random piece of crap is way too much. Ok i would be first to take a lvl.5 jewel from NCStore for 100$ but for 500$ and a random one is too far away from reality.

There is half or even more players on servers which are from Europe, as for my  example i am from EUNE.

In some country the medium salary / wage is @500-1000 Euro. And you come and put in shop an event with a price equal to a month of work. It is non-sense price, those players can spend let's say an average of 100-200 Euro for a hobby, in this scenario L2. But damn how they can afford to take a 500 $ Random Jewel. Ok they will sacrifice 1 month to take 1 in best scenario but there are 6 slots on brooch inventory or less depends on your brooch. How the hell 1 normal player can afford 3.000 + euro for some randoms jewels when that means half year of real work ??

If you get me a good answer to this @Juji or @Hime i gonna give u the Nobel Prize!

Best regards!

Bro, its easy...change the country. Move US...I heard their president pay them to stay at home with 4000 usd/month :D.

1 minute ago, TheThrax said:

Bro, its easy...change the country. Move US...I heard their president pay them to stay at home with 4000 usd/month :D.

I was waiting one replay like MOVE TO EU SERVER !!, not to change country, but yet still a viable choice :) 

6 minutes ago, Nastyyy said:

I was waiting one replay like MOVE TO EU SERVER !!, not to change country, but yet still a viable choice :) 

You are the one who insist to play here, between two of us...I cant wait to see how things will be after maintenance. You know you can farm in only one place of the map and ppl are rly crowded there 24/7 :D. For many of us: No PK=No Farm :P