Classic Server Maintenance: Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Hime

• L2 Team

Game servers will be down for a maintenance beginning Wednesday, June 3, 2020 at 4 a.m. PDT /  6 a.m. CDT / 7 a.m. EDT / 1 p.m. GMT+2 and will be unavailable for approximately  4 hours and 45 minutes.

With this maintenance:

• Standard database maintenance and application restarts will be performed.
  • Night Market has arrived! Night Market Coins will be sold in the L2 Store for two weeks!
    • Use the Dimensional Merchant NPC/UI to exchange Night Market Coins for rewards.
    • Night Market Server Settings:
      • Party Hunting Bonus +50%
    • Free teleports for all levels
    • Augmentation Removal Fee = 0 Adena
  • Reduced the quest requirements for the Beginning of Adventure Quest in Ruins of Agony. The number of monsters required to complete the quest has been reduced from 300 to 15.
  • Fixed an issue where the Renewed World Raid Boss information was not updated correctly on the map.
  • Fixed an issue where the World Raid Bosses could be lured out of the boss area.
  • Fixed an issue where the levels of World Raid Boss minion NPCs did not scale up to level 85.
  • Fixed several localization issues on skills and items.

If you have any questions about the changes taking place during this maintenance, please feel free to post them on the forums. We also encourage you to follow @LineageIIOps for maintenance and server status updates.

• L2 Team
4 minutes ago, HuckFinn23 said:

@Hime @Juji 

Hi, I'd like to ask if the screenshot winners will receive their weapons during maintenance? Thanks!

We have added the screenshot contest winner weapons to the character warehouse. If you did not receive it yet, then it means we tried to insert it and could not because the character was online at the time. The support team will try again. PM me your character name if you did not receive it.

1 hour ago, Hime said:
  • Reduced the quest requirements for the Beginning of Adventure Quest in Ruins of Agony. The number of monsters required to complete the quest has been reduced from 300 to 15.

My assumption here is that this is probably a mistake and should read as:

• We decided to ban all bots who are farming adena in Ruins of Agony to allow players to complete the quest 'Beginning of Adventure'

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Hime said:

Isn't removing whole drops and increasing exp from mobs would be better solution for this location?

Top-grade Stable Scroll: Enchant Weapon (S-grade) - Exchangeable

When enchanted, P. Atk. +5 for S-grade one-handed swords/blunts, daggers, spears, and other weapons. P. Atk. +6 for two-handed swords/blunts, dualswords, and two-handed fist weapons. P. Atk. +10 for bows. M. Atk. +4 for all weapons. Starting at +4, P. Atk./M. Atk. bonus quadruples. Starting at +17, P. Atk. +43 for one-handed swords, one-handed blunts, daggers, spears, and other weapons. P. Atk. +77 for two-handed swords/blunts, dualswords, and two-handed fist weapons. P. Atk. +126 for bows. M. Atk. +43 for all weapons. Even if enchantment fails, the item will not be crystallized and will retain its enchant level. Cannot use on weapons enchanted between +16-+19.

Advanced Stable Scroll: Enchant Weapon (S-grade) - Exchangeable

Upon enchantment, P. Atk. +5 for S-grade one-handed swords, one-handed blunts, daggers, spears, and other weapons. P. Atk. +6 for two-handed swords, two-handed blunts, dualswords, and two-handed fist weapons. P. Atk. +10 for bows. M. Atk. +4 for all weapons. From +4, P. Atk./M. Atk. bonus effect quadruples. Even if enchantment fails, the item will not be crystallized and will retain its enchant level. It can be used only on +7 to +15 enchanted items.

Should that say "Can only be used on weapons enchanted between +16-+19"

Cause otherwise aren't they the same?

@Juji

Edited by Godfall

3 hours ago, Buldos said:

Isn't removing whole drops and increasing exp from mobs would be better solution for this location?

I dunno maybe they are worried the bots will move somewhere else as a result...

They seem scared to ban the bots in ROA for some reason. A mass ban of the ROA bots would be an opportunity to stop the mass botting at lower levels. When you mass ban the bots the botter is going to need to make replacements and that WILL take time and effort on their part. Depending on how automated of a system they have it'll require a whole LOT of effort on the email side of things. Ban em all and wait for a massive number of registrations to a specific IP or email provider and go from there. They don't have to completely stop the botter so much as make it irritatingly difficult to maintain the large number of bots. Losing all those accounts means a lot of gear lost too. That would solve the ROA problem better than reducing the quest number as even 15 can be a half hour or hour long fight to achieve. When you're a melee trying to get a kill in a sea of bots who can target and start casting before the mob even appears while using shots and karmian armor. ban the bots and the replacements won't have the good cast speed armor and c grade weapons..

Making this change in ROA is like you are admitting that botting is legal. If you cannot touch those farming roa, (or toi, or all of the raid bosses, or catas) then you should change the game rules and say that botting is legal. Or at least add it as a vip10 bonus, since that seems to be the get out of jail card.

Also, not having cloths as a random reward but putting a fixed price is terrible even for your standards. You made it slightly cheaper than the rmt and it will have no impact on the in game price. And with what you have as rewards for the loot box, prices of the scrolls earned from the aden tour mini game will actually drop. Good job for that too. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

I'm glad someone else noticed the cloth pricing. I mean seriously, almost 700 Ncoin per cloth. You want people to pay $700 to unseal S grade sets? Can you use some brain power for once? Setting cloth at RMT prices whilst protecting the RMT players in ROA, this stinks of corruption. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Ank said:

@Hime  @Hime the new politics of Pk system is only for live servers? because we need new politics here in classic, is an urgent change, some players are over abusing the pk scrolls.

https://forums.lineage2.com/topic/18555-pk-system-changes-632020/

This system is working good, i can pk over and over those dude's that deserve being perma pk. In fact, you dont even have to buy scrolls, there is a quest for doin this for free. 
If people will behave like dummy and will not fight, PK is the only solution. 

• L2 Team

We encountered a technical issue during our checks this morning and the maintenance will need to be delayed by 2 hours! We will try to get the servers back up as soon as we can. Apologies for the inconvenience!

Just now, Juji said:

We encountered a technical issue during our checks this morning and the maintenance will need to be delayed by 2 hours! We will try to get the servers back up as soon as we can. Apologies for the inconvenience!

Thanks for keeping us in the light! #Communications +1

ok this event looks really interesting I like there is a way to get cloths now.  The only problem I have with it is if you need to unseal a whole s grade armor you need to spend 800 bucks lol.  I know not to make it real easy to get the armor unsealed but really for the price you should get maybe 2 cloths or 3 cloths or make it random amount.

14 hours ago, Nevermind said:

My assumption here is that this is probably a mistake and should read as:

• We decided to ban all bots who are farming adena in Ruins of Agony to allow players to complete the quest 'Beginning of Adventure'

This boy have to much reason, if you dont do anything about the bots there in agony this game will breakdown, i begin playing like one month ago and there its a bot called **** thats always be there 24/7 farming gold, he is using third party software because when he die he just back the same point all the time and never respond a question, like him there is too much others, ONE MONTH THE SAME CHARACTER there, how he dont upgrade level and get mobs blue names? its that a farmer strategy that they have there, a monopoly in agony that need to be fixed soon! @Hime @Juji

12 hours ago, Buldos said:

This can be a solution, they incresed the exp getting there and to many bots will not get any drop when they reach level  31+