You guys did it, you're famouse!!!

Degus

I wasn't gonna do this, but after the lack of respect I've been seeing on forums and no respond to the numerous emails I've sent to headquarters, I'll share here what I watched on Netfilx the other day,

Death of a video game (Lineage 2)  Netflix

You guys managed to run this game so far into the ground, there is a 1 hour special based on how bad this game has  got.  Mainstream TV!!!!!     I see a few faces in it I recognize.   I'll say it again, the only marketing L2 has is this forum full of unhappy customers and now a 1 hour show about how bad things really are.  Enjoy.

8 hours ago, Degus said:

You guys managed to run this game so far into the ground, there is a 1 hour special based on how bad this game has  got.  Mainstream TV!!!!!     I see a few faces in it I recognize.   I'll say it again, the only marketing L2 has is this forum full of unhappy customers and now a 1 hour show about how bad things really are.  Enjoy.

Ehm.. I do agree some failures at NCWest.. but this video you speaking of, is about how L2 didnt really make it on western market overall.

More a pointing out the differences in culture and how western didnt like to grind as much.

this post is a fail from start, i will forgive the one who posted for his ignorance and my time waste.

friendly advice, dance while u here since u here, if no, clear the spot and let the ones who wanna have fun to enjoy their game ! 

:) 

8 hours ago, Degus said:

Might be on youtube, my bad, but still, good stuff, thats their advertising

The difference isn't like ABC or NBC difference, it's like a million dollar McLaren race car and a Toyota Corolla difference.  How the hell you get confused with a crappy low budget - any losers from their garage can make it on YouTube vs. real main stream Game of Thrones Netflix platform?  

C'mon man, truly this post is a fail from the start.

I saw this video, all it says it's about East vs. West, Lineage 1 Isotropic vs. Lineage 2 3D and how the original Lineage1 is doing really well financially despite it being older.  In fact, Lineage1 has that true feeling of that old Ultima Online feeling from the mid 1990's.  That was awesome. I remember playing Ultima 7 on PC DOS in 1993, I love Dupre's crossbow and killing giant spiders in the desert.  It was remarkable in its days because you can move objects and the world server will save the object being moved.  You can kill a cat walking nearby or kill a guard and get the wrath of the other Lord British guards coming after you.  Was so cool back in 1993.  LOL.  I have a 486 computer, was 2 generation more advanced than any computer of its era since my dad works for a computer company and that was the top secret next generation machine not available for sale in public.

Anyways, the point is - a 2D Isotropic game like that Ultima7 and Ultima Online of the mid 1990's can still be extremely fun that Lineage1 (1999) if the gameplay is done right.  Also due to the low computer specs requirement, the reach is broad, I can see why L1 has such a long longevity if the game design is excellent.

Edited by GhostintheShell

2 hours ago, GhostintheShell said:

The difference isn't like ABC or NBC difference, it's like a million dollar McLaren race car and a Toyota Corolla difference.  How the hell you get confused with a crappy low budget - any losers from their garage can make it on YouTube vs. real main stream Game of Thrones Netflix platform?

Game of thrones is an HBO production though. Anyway, I don't see how a 200k subs channel with a 190k views video can be confused for or compared to either HBO or Netflix.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dargor said:

Game of thrones is an HBO production though. Anyway, I don't see how a 200k subs channel with a 190k views video can be confused for or compared to either HBO or Netflix.

Who's watching it?  100% of the 190k views are players, old players, and FUTURE players. 

2 hours ago, Degus said:

Who's watching it?  100% of the 190k views are players, old players, and FUTURE players. 

I was commenting on the reach of a 200k subs youtube channel compared to netflix or hbo, not who might be watching such a video. In all honesty, I firmly believe the best thing that's happened for l2 as of late was the pandemic and subsequent global lockdowns and as things stand I doubt l2 would attract significant numbers of new players.

7 hours ago, Degus said:

Most of you miss the point here, no surprise.  Not gonna waste my time explaining real life.  Your right, no 1 watches youtube. 

so embarrassing making the mistake and actually attempts to defend it.... confusing Netflix with YouTube?  one doesn't have any quality control, any single individuals sucking on PCP or Meth head can make videos....  another requires an real corporation with deep financial pockets, expensive platform payment to be shown on the reach of hundreds of millions worldwide... 
I'm the one not trying to explain to you about real life... and how the intricacies on how everything works and how night and day difference a Meth Head (YouTube that has ZERO quality control on who can post) vs. Legit Corporation (Netflix stringent quality control process for content and distribution rights, expensive lawyers) don't have in common.
EMBARRASING, just embarrasing - can't tell the difference between YouTube and Netflix.

Edited by GhostintheShell

2 hours ago, GhostintheShell said:

so embarrassing making the mistake and actually attempts to defend it.... confusing Netflix with YouTube?  one doesn't have any quality control, any single individuals sucking on PCP or Meth head can make videos....  another requires an real corporation with deep financial pockets, expensive platform payment to be shown on the reach of hundreds of millions worldwide... 
I'm the one not trying to explain to you about real life... and how the intricacies on how everything works and how night and day difference a Meth Head (YouTube that has ZERO quality control on who can post) vs. Legit Corporation (Netflix stringent quality control process for content and distribution rights, expensive lawyers) don't have in common.
EMBARRASING, just embarrasing - can't tell the difference between YouTube and Netflix.

You're right, I'm a moron, sorry to waste your time.  I

• Haha 1