Pve

PhantomR

It really depends on type of person you are. Some people love melee characters. No matter how fast or slow the grind, no matter how "elite" or not, that's all they want to play. Some people like mages, summoners, tanks for same reason.

Never play a class that you don't like. I don't care how well they farm. If you do, you will get bored quickly. You won't care to invest the time or adena necessary to properly build the character. And you will hate it when your clan needs you to stick to only that character during critical situations, when in your heart you'd rather be playing some other class.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dargor said:

Archers are incredibly expensive. You see the mentee farmers and the top dogs and you think they are great as a class, but you can build other classes very decently with half the adena.

Who need less Adena? 

All the classes to make some decent gear need enough Adena. But at farm i think is huge difference between archer and the rest.

On 6/10/2020 at 8:54 AM, PhantomR said:

Who need less Adena? 

All the classes to make some decent gear need enough Adena. But at farm i think is huge difference between archer and the rest.

Feohs are cheaper to build compared to a yul. Sure, a stacked feoh isn't as good as a stacked yul for aoe farming but if you think a stacked yul costs the same as a stacked feoh, sorry, but you're dead wrong.

6 hours ago, Dargor said:

Feohs are cheaper to build compared to a yul. Sure, a stacked feoh isn't as good as a stacked yul for aoe farming but if you think a stacked yul costs the same as a stacked feoh, sorry, but you're dead wrong.

could you be more preise?

do you mean yuls items are more expensive than mages ?

or
mages need half items?

On 6/9/2020 at 9:22 AM, PhantomR said:

I would like to ask if it is worth playing anything else expect archer atm. Because I see archers kill faster and they can farm everywhere. 

To play archer really you need invest 50k$ minimum to maximize everything but main is skill critical chance and damage.

• Haha 1

@PhantomR If you to see who is the most effective, just check what class the Biggest farmers play. Archers is by far the most effective to farm for PVE. 

Not sure why people have the impression that you need to spend more money on Archers. This is a big lie. I can assure you that by all classes with same equipment , Archers is the best for pve. The rest is down to your personal preferences on what class / Style you like. 

Some Yull equipment is for sure more expensive compared to other classes, but that is all down to Demand on the server. 65% of Top 150 are Archers what do you expect? 

Still you don't need Dragon weapon to farm for PVE. Equipment around 600 Billion will get you in good position to farm in game adena. 

NCsoft is notorious on Un balanced classes. Archers Ruled big time from 2009 - 2014, and again from 2018 till today . ( PVE wise ) 

• Like 1

On 12/06/2020 at 8:24 AM, SasyPisos said:

To play archer really you need invest 50k$ minimum to maximize everything but main is skill critical chance and damage.

what the actual ****!! If anyone has given that much money in a game it's really sad.

You don't need to spend that much money. To be honest, you don't need to spend much if you want to actually play the game as intended. To spend a ridiculous amount of money totally defeats the purpose of the game, which is PLAYING it. If you want to do something NOW NOW NOW , then this is not the right game for you.

Lineage2 is a heavy p2w game, but it requires time (a lot of it), good investments and mechanics knowledge.

It is worth playing any character you like. Farming comes in many ways (market, fishing, mobs etc).

1 hour ago, UncooL said:

what the actual ****!! If anyone has given that much money in a game it's really sad.

You don't need to spend that much money. To be honest, you don't need to spend much if you want to actually play the game as intended. To spend a ridiculous amount of money totally defeats the purpose of the game, which is PLAYING it. If you want to do something NOW NOW NOW , then this is not the right game for you.

Lineage2 is a heavy p2w game, but it requires time (a lot of it), good investments and mechanics knowledge.

It is worth playing any character you like. Farming comes in many ways (market, fishing, mobs etc).

Listen Uncool, our fellow players give him good advices...theres not need to go redneck to prove your point.

For your info, its true you cant pve or pvp with yull unless you invest a tone of money in it. Ok, mby not 50 000 usd to enjoy it but for sure over 10 000 usd to do what other classes can do and more. If someone tell you otherwise is lying.
We play this game to have fun, we cant have fun just admiring aden architecture or killing elpies. If ppl LOSE LOSE LOSE inevitable they will lose interest for game or they will come here on forum to express frustration. Thats why its important to play a class you can manage. Which class? The true answer only your wallet know :) 
Yull is for rich or super experts/ very old players(you need pskill damage rings, oe skils, oe items that give pskil crit damge, you need a mouse with macro to setup and a second computer for boxes,etc)...its not for new comers who dont understand game mechanics.

On 6/12/2020 at 8:48 AM, PhantomR said:

One archer with medium gear can farm at puderious for Adena.

Feoh doesn't have that option.

This deserve a big lol...in plunderos if you dont have min 250-350 bil in equip you cant farm adena (dont get me wrong, you can kill a mob but you cant make 100 mil adena per hour).

Its disturbing the fact you dont know anything about this class and yet you express your opinion so confident...and by doing that you fool other unexperience fellow players.

Edited by TheThrax

33 minutes ago, PhantomR said:

So what's your opinion about feoh?

I dont know how things work after 110 but i can tell you feoh is much more efficient and less demanding then yull up to 110.
A feoh, but not any feoh, only dark elf, can do better then Yull with less adena involved. Playing other class then Yull, Feoh and Dread...fotm...will be not wise unless you know that class very well or have a lot of money :)

Feoh definitely needs less in terms of build to be as effective as a Yul. If you're the type of person that likes to build and constantly tweak characters, then pick Yul, not Feoh. You'll be done building your Feoh in no time. Then it gets kinda boring from there. 

And you don't have to chase every event as a Feoh, because at a certain point adding one more doohickey to your Feoh won't make it that much more powerful. But that's not the case with Yul. It seems almost counterintuitive, because a really stacked Yul is crazy powerful. But even those top of the heap people have room to grow. They have to keep going, because the competition won't let them rest.

10 hours ago, TheThrax said:

Listen Uncool, our fellow players give him good advices...theres not need to go redneck to prove your point.

I have no idea what a redneck has to do with anything but sure, If your idea of good advice and not scaring ppl away from the game is to tell them to spend $10k right from the start, then buddy, you should rethink what good advice means.

My advice to anyone playing anything,is to not spend mindlessly money and play the game 1st, with a character that they think they will enjoy.

Get all the info you can about characters, but dismiss the dudes that tell you that you need to pay the equivalent of a car for pixels. It will take you a lot more time, sure, but you will get to truly play the game.

6 hours ago, UncooL said:

I have no idea what a redneck has to do with anything but sure, If your idea of good advice and not scaring ppl away from the game is to tell them to spend $10k right from the start, then buddy, you should rethink what good advice means.

My advice to anyone playing anything,is to not spend mindlessly money and play the game 1st, with a character that they think they will enjoy.

Get all the info you can about characters, but dismiss the dudes that tell you that you need to pay the equivalent of a car for pixels. It will take you a lot more time, sure, but you will get to truly play the game.

Bro, its a crazy idea to put the blame on me coz I tell the truth...I did not make the strategy to squeeze money as much as it can from players, NcWest and corean devs did that.
You will come to my conclusion very fast...just lvl up try to farm in good areas. In 30 min a toon will come to kill you and take your spot....if your toon are not staked with money you just go to town and do what you like most...admiring architecture :x. Also try to do instances with a good dps group, if you dont have items they will not invite you ...again admiring architecture :x 

4 hours ago, TheThrax said:

Bro, its a crazy idea to put the blame on me coz I tell the truth...I did not make the strategy to squeeze money as much as it can from players, NcWest and corean devs did that.
You will come to my conclusion very fast...just lvl up try to farm in good areas. In 30 min a toon will come to kill you and take your spot....if your toon are not staked with money you just go to town and do what you like most...admiring architecture :x. Also try to do instances with a good dps group, if you dont have items they will not invite you ...again admiring architecture :x 

1.I've been pk'd once for xp spot. Came back later pk'd back and took the spot again. Did not spend money just to get items for that. This seems kinda manic

2.Sure you did not make the strategy to squeeze money, but you follow it AND recommend it to others as the new norm. This is your fault only

3. I have been a l2 player since 2006. I find it really odd that people are ok to throw money on a toon just because they got pk'd and think that acquiring items effortlessly, will make them OP. You may buy all the items in the world. You cannot buy fingers and/or mechanics knowledge

4.Sorry that you think that ppl won't invite you because you have no items. You want to join the game and find the best dps group to carry you in instances? right...Probably you lack patience more than you lack items. This game is aaaaaall about patience. 16 years old game my dude and you want to get the full experience in 1-2 months? I would recommend any other game that is not progressive MMORPG 

5. I started the game again 6 months ago. In 6 months I have spent money for 2 rune stones 200% xp, 1 prestige pack and gambled 5 night boxes(just for the sake of it). I spent this time learning about new mechanics, crafted my gear, joined an active clan, joined a cp and this boosted my xp and gaming experience WAY more than you boosted yourself by burning $$.

Also during this time, I am trying to convince players like you, that by not playing the game as intended and just throwing money in it, they destroy a very old and still very enjoyable game, by creating a market, that in any other game, the community would have found it absolutely unacceptable.

You need to rethink about how you should be playing the game my dude 

1 hour ago, UncooL said:

1.I've been pk'd once for xp spot. Came back later pk'd back and took the spot again. Did not spend money just to get items for that. This seems kinda manic

2.Sure you did not make the strategy to squeeze money, but you follow it AND recommend it to others as the new norm. This is your fault only

3. I have been a l2 player since 2006. I find it really odd that people are ok to throw money on a toon just because they got pk'd and think that acquiring items effortlessly, will make them OP. You may buy all the items in the world. You cannot buy fingers and/or mechanics knowledge

4.Sorry that you think that ppl won't invite you because you have no items. You want to join the game and find the best dps group to carry you in instances? right...Probably you lack patience more than you lack items. This game is aaaaaall about patience. 16 years old game my dude and you want to get the full experience in 1-2 months? I would recommend any other game that is not progressive MMORPG 

5. I started the game again 6 months ago. In 6 months I have spent money for 2 rune stones 200% xp, 1 prestige pack and gambled 5 night boxes(just for the sake of it). I spent this time learning about new mechanics, crafted my gear, joined an active clan, joined a cp and this boosted my xp and gaming experience WAY more than you boosted yourself by burning $$.

Also during this time, I am trying to convince players like you, that by not playing the game as intended and just throwing money in it, they destroy a very old and still very enjoyable game, by creating a market, that in any other game, the community would have found it absolutely unacceptable.

You need to rethink about how you should be playing the game my dude 

I got it, you are an "forced idealist" :)(that one who is married and his wife hold the money :D)
Well, im not that old player as you but I have my shared time on this game...round 10y and never rly quit to comeback. I can assure you my items are good enough to solo any area.
Its not about me...its about you and ppl like you, who fit perfectly in my post....
Its about that player who give advices confident but dont know much about current stats of game.
Burning real money is a personal choice, if you are good at this game, have a lot of free time and play right class you dont need to pay.
But as you said it is an old game... Old game>>>old players>>>ppl usualy work>>>less time to grind>>>ppl spend money to compete....and ncsoft give us this option.
The real problem, the tragedy is when the redneck have both money and free time to play.
Last, free to play after 107 lvl dont exist...if you want progress you have only 2 options: pay or quit.

Here last tip for you: cheaters have bots on auto who are monitoring the AH and shops and buy everything under certain value....you cant make adena by doing "market".

Edited by TheThrax

Not married and making money on my own. Forced idealist is an idiotic term. Nobody can force ideas. Your choice to follow them.

Not American but Londoner so Redneck does not apply

Cheaters are in every MMORPG game. Been there for ever.

I am workingm having social life and still enjoying the game with my cp without burning money.

I have made adena by doing market, so have my playmates. Really not that hard

:)

Enjoy your amazing way to play. This is my last reply to you since I cannot bother anymore. ppl like you dont have a long shelf life in the game anyway

Edited by UncooL
  • Like 1