Tips for newbies with in-game macroses.

2 hours ago, mixa said:

Add voice commentary, it will be much more helpful imo

Thank you for your advice mixa.

But, looking at folks' reaction, I realised that I spent too much time even without voiceovers. Let supports just stay and do nothing, because they "can't heal and debuff in the same time". I saw that many times..

I didn't show all tricks yet, but posting here is not interesting for me anymore. Today(yeah, too late) I realized that it's just a bad traffic. 

10 hours ago, LordDragnil said:

Thank you for your advice mixa.

But, looking at folks' reaction, I realised that I spent too much time even without voiceovers. Let supports just stay and do nothing, because they "can't heal and debuff in the same time". I saw that many times..

I didn't show all tricks yet, but posting here is not interesting for me anymore. Today(yeah, too late) I realized that it's just a bad traffic. 

Hey, head up and don't let such things bring you under the weather.

Instead of making a YouTube video where you move your mouse over all your macro's why not actually post your macro's here and explain what they do.  Your making a tutorial for people that don't know how to macro but you expect them to know what your macro does?  Why not explain how to make a macro and what its function is instead of mousing over a bunch of macro's that won't make sense for the people your making them for?  You did good at making a video.. but you did nothing to explain it and then get upset you didn't get high praise?  You did 1/4 the work finish it and then expect praise in return.

Thanks for the video, as @D3vilBuffer stated, it's not a tutorial for newbies, because they will not understand when those macros are supposed to be used, but I think this may be very useful for intermediate players who already know a thing or two, so good job. I have similar macros on my iss, but I have not figured out yet how to give POM to 2 DDs and assist with debuffing at the same time. If anyone knows, please share.

Let me share the setup which i find the best for coal mines, with this macro I didn't need a healer even though my tank was in paulian's armor (this will not work with paulina tanks who don't know their class at all and just stand there and do not use any skills tho). Also, I hate when ISSes refuse to debuff in coal mines, I mean, how hard can it be for you to turn a macro on?

Anyway, this one works the best for me:

/target %self

/useskill healing melody

/targetnext

/useskill Assault Crash

/target %self

/useskill healing melody

/targetnext

/useskill chaos symphony

Edited by Helvie
hit enter too fast ;)
  • Like 1

I like and applause anything that makes this community grow and play more efficiently.

Thank you both @Helvie and @LordDragnil, I had some trouble figuring out how to fit healing melody when debuffing... My question though is, how you sustain your mana this way? In parties without healer I have a hard time maintaining mana and have to add healing melody with /delay 15 to be sustainable...

8 minutes ago, Andomiel said:

I like and applause anything that makes this community grow and play more efficiently.

Thank you both @Helvie and @LordDragnil, I had some trouble figuring out how to fit healing melody when debuffing... My question though is, how you sustain your mana this way? In parties without healer I have a hard time maintaining mana and have to add healing melody with /delay 15 to be sustainable...

Macroses with the Chaos Symphony are for locations like Coal Mines, Imperial Tomb and other where main dd or group being able to kill mobs fast enough.

Also, I showed up hp build, but you can go also for hp/mana via dual class and sp-mage skills. I have it on my overlord/pp. 

Second thing I use only one Chaos Symphony for large macroses if regen is really bad at location, or do not use it at all. That's why I have so many macroses.

PS.

Don't forget also Battle Ditty buff, it gives a lot for mana regeneration.

Exactly, I use Chaos Symphony in a macro only in locations where MP is never an issue, though if someone is leeching of you in your spot at CM and outdamages you, your MP will drop immediately with that macro. (That's another thing which annoys me at Coal Mines, there are always leechers (usually strong feohs and yuls) who see you have a tank and decide to kill the mobs you pull to the point your ISS runs out of MP and you die. They are the worst kind, as even parasites do not tend to kill their hosts. They follow you and when you ask them to leave you alone they say stuff like 'I'll do what I want,if you don't like it quit the game')