Live Server Maintenance: Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Hime

I mean, how hard is it for devs to keep us to date with server fixes? Answers as "sorry we have no clue why there's a melee lag, we are waiting for reply from Korean dev team" or "we have no man power or knowledge to fix this issue, we are looking for some contractors to fix it" is perfectly ok. Please add known issues/fixes table in webpage, and constantly update it.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Uriel831 said:

we are still waiting for dual to be main switch support

They have already said SEVERAL times Korea does not authorize them to do more Dual to Main Switches, or Breaking off Dual into another charactor like they have in the past.  They WILL NOT DO IT, which is said call all Korea has done is given everything to themselves and given nothing to us.

16 minutes ago, profarm said:

Does the artifact box contain artifact fragments ?

+1 to this...

The artifact boxes should contain artifact fragments.. These are needed for obtaining artifacts in any case which is the reason of this event...

We have ptw events for every of the numerous items in this game... We've learned to live with this.. But having different events for the same items' category makes no sense and its completely unfair..

@Hime @Juji I understand your model is about milking your customers but at least make it seem more fair.. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, OrcD3vil said:

They have already said SEVERAL times Korea does not authorize them to do more Dual to Main Switches, or Breaking off Dual into another charactor like they have in the past.  They WILL NOT DO IT, which is said call all Korea has done is given everything to themselves and given nothing to us.

Orc that's based on a call Juji had with the Korean export team and as with many other cases in the past before (remember the no vitality no drop or adena update that we managed to avoid) pending on who / when / how it's asked you get different answers as it's been since then confirmed that EU/RU are getting the main - dual exchange service, set for late summer/early autumn as per last update from DIL

now this does not mean automatically that NCWest will get it too or at least not right away as for example server transfers are possible in Korea / RU servers for months now but have been left turned off on NCWest so there's that - still it does mean it's possible and that eventually we could get it.

Edited by Draecke
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Brown said:

I mean, how hard is it for devs to keep us to date with server fixes? Answers as "sorry we have no clue why there's a melee lag, we are waiting for reply from Korean dev team" or "we have no man power or knowledge to fix this issue, we are looking for some contractors to fix it" is perfectly ok. Please add known issues/fixes table in webpage, and constantly update it.

Out of curiousity. I dont play Melee Classes that often but when i faced a Evis in Oly he could hit me 5times whilst i was spam clicking Magical Charge on my Feoh when the Countdown went 0/Start= Mage Lag?

So whats this Melee Lag you speak of? is it only on normal stance (no Melee lag in oly since its another Dimension) ?

4 minutes ago, TDxDan said:

Out of curiousity. I dont play Melee Classes that often but when i faced a Evis in Oly he could hit me 5times whilst i was spam clicking Magical Charge on my Feoh when the Countdown went 0/Start= Mage Lag?

So whats this Melee Lag you speak of? is it only on normal stance (no Melee lag in oly since its another Dimension) ?

No info on evis, but GK or dager class with dual dagers should hit 6 times/s, titans/dreads 4 times/s

• Thanks 1

@Hime@Juji you guys should leave a status update line for the server melee attack speed delay issue on the weekly maintenance notes, start thinking why this issue exist only on NCWest servers (RU servers have more active players and no such problem) and what kind of work arounds can be done like my suggestion of creating a 3rd server etc. think out of the box, at least try to get this solved before it hit's the 1 year with solid lag Anniversary maybe yeah ?

On 6/13/2020 at 7:07 PM, Draecke said:

here's a novel suggestion to deal with the melee delay server performance issue, open a 3rd server and let us transfer there as apparently it's an NCWest region special to have only no lag when player base is below 2K

give it an event that makes it super easy to create lvl11/12 clans and voila problem solved

edit: also restrict the amount of new chars one can create on the new server so rmt bots can't fck it up as they do on Chronos & Naia, if needed make it transfer creation only so through l2store aka charge 2k NCoin per new char

https://forums.lineage2.com/topic/17284-countdown-timer-12082019-officially-start-lag/

9 minutes ago, TDxDan said:

we call it melee lag cause the issue is most noticable with auto attacks and a lot less when chaining skills so skill based classes like archer / mage barely notice it but it does exist even for them just that the impact for them is like ~5% less XP per hour for melee based classes it's more then 30% some like tyrants even 40+% less XP per hour

watch Korean streams from daggers / tyrs or RU streams and you will see how it used to be almost 1 year ago on our servers, you can easily see there's a huge difference in the speed of attacks and the amount of attacks/swings

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Hime said:

Seriously, of all the things to typo on. We can't extend it this time because its on a hard schedule with the Night Market, but I can ask Juji every day when we can bring back server setting bonuses. :D

@iAndouille https://www.lineage2.com/news/artifacts-of-power-2020

I'm holding you to this @Hime   ( pester Pester Juji until we get 2x exp again ❤️

Edited by CaptainSmiles

55 minutes ago, OrcD3vil said:

as Draecke described well. Its possible and therefore we must talking about it to be in touche with DEV team. Without needs nothing will changed!!!!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Uriel831 said:

as Draecke described well. Its possible and therefore we must talking about it to be in touche with DEV team. Without needs nothing will changed!!!!

This will not happen, you should of re-rolled a year ago, you would of caught back up by now. Not only is it not easy but 50% player base doesn't want it.

But abit lost by this then:

Not related to Vitality and no plans to add the pack any time soon. By default, the game is set to 100% Party XP Bonus as the base rate. The server setting will add an additional 50% to the amount you earn in a Party.

@Juji About Artifact P skill critical dmg/m skill critical dmg element att  and all new artifacts ,why there are NOT included in that event boxes? 
Is that normal??? 
More and more dissapointing news...... only copy paste last event without obtaining new items ... L2 will never keep on..

Edited by NemesiC

4 hours ago, NemesiC said:

@Juji About Artifact P skill critical dmg/m skill critical dmg element att  and all new artifacts ,why there are NOT included in that event boxes? 
Is that normal??? 
More and more dissapointing news...... only copy paste last event without obtaining new items ... L2 will never keep on..

Artifact crystals and fragments were just done as rewards from an event. Like literally in the last month. That was when everyone was supposed to get the new artifacts in prep for this event. 

On 6/18/2020 at 3:16 AM, NemesiC said:

Is that normal??? 

And all the artifact crystals wasted because no 1 knew, this is just poor taste in marketing. 

1 hour ago, Zetatop said:

https://www.lineage2.com/news/artifacts-of-power-2020

Ncsoft has released items costing more than $ 500 million. If you need a lot of time and resources in the game to get some adena, then the question is: Does Ncsoft or someone connected have a parallel business to sell adena? :ph34r: If that is not the case, someone (@Hime) could explain how it is done.o.O

you must be new here :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freemium

• Juji unpinned this topic