What do you miss?

My clan was talking about places in the game we either leveled in or pvp etc.  If your playing less than a year don't answer this.

My favorite place as an archer was the Leto Lizardman - Archer paradise no place was ever built so much for archers before or since best place to level an archer from 79 - 85 100% before GoD dropped.

How about you guys?

• Like 3

I miss the original concept of Alligator Island. You'd port there and see 10,000+ mobs all over the place. They could kill you, even with top gear, especially if someone directed a train of mobs directly at you. And there was always some asshat doing that. But I miss it.

I miss the old Dragon Valley. You'd port into the middle of someone PVPing. At least that always seemed to be the case whenever I went there. But Antharas' cave entrance was a short jaunt.

I miss Outlaw Forest. It's the only place where I got whole drops. I still have the Samurai Longsword that I got as a full drop many years ago. It's not just a keepsake, but a good luck charm. 

I miss the Fields of Massacre and the rush of being a Spellhowler mowing down Dooms, body to mind and corpse life drain keeping my mana bar replenished, the crackle of bsps and my fiery red glowing Homu warning enemies and PKers alike to keep their distance. 

• Like 3

I miss those days when healers could m. Crit undead mobs to 0 hp. I spend 24/7 those days in pagan temple and hellbound graveyard. Many full drops. :x Now the class is getting dust but maybe 1 day we can solo again.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Slycutter said:

My clan was talking about places in the game we either leveled in or pvp etc.  If your playing less than a year don't answer this.

My favorite place as an archer was the Leto Lizardman - Archer paradise no place was ever built so much for archers before or since best place to level an archer from 79 - 85 100% before GoD dropped.

How about you guys?

Old hellbound green spot.

Tullies

Old group mobs outside oren that were for warlords back in the day.

Old anthy nest money room.

Old forge of gods aoe mage parties.

Catacombs/necrops in general

Toi 10 black papyrus farming

All those I enjoyed. 

Edited by Hyperlite
  • Like 4

Mostly I miss places that I really found beautiful at the time:

Monastery of Silence: the library part, the top levels, and eventually Anais' room was really conveying that cathedral feeling.

Valley of Saints: that cool, almost Core lighting effect on the walls were Barakiel would spawn.

Devil's Isle was pretty amazing as well, all the way until Zaken's ship.

Old Hellbound with the Chimeras (that dropped elemental stones).

I also always loved Primeval Island, but that "came back" again in a timed zone form xD just cool Interlude vibes there.

More "recently", I really like Crystal Caverns (Parnassus overall was really cool), but the inside of that instance was gorgeous to me (specially Emerald Square with Veridan).

• Like 1

Old Catacomb system where we could actually pull tons of rooms without having mobs fall off due to mobs running back to their Spawn room if pulled to far.

Forge of the Gods GK Pole smashing 10 rooms with Bison/Zealot solo and having ppl be like how is he doing this without Pole Mastery. Golden Days <3 

Toi was cool.

Monastery of Silence was a huge beautiful place to xp in.

Pagan Temple Omg yes it was Awesome! except for the Npc glitch that Male Orcs wouldnt run past the guards like everyone else did due to Male Orc being Massive xD

Sel Mahum training Ground a Fire Crystal farm spot made for GKs and everyone else who enjoyed going there. Plenty of Pvps happend there <3 

Ant Nest (yall probly remember that 1 day a Friend of yours ask you to join along but told you to bring plenty of Antidotes. damn Poison haha :D )

Couple of memorable locations: Fortress of Resistance,Cruma Tower,Forgotten Temple (sadly ppl rly forgot about it :(),

Also its not about Location but...

I miss the Raiding, the Randomness. Log in built a Pt with randoms and just run around the Map trying to find a Boss within Lvl range and enjoy the moment your shareing with strangers in your PT having fun.

I also miss the Adena drop and loot and for the most part Ingame Events for Everyone!

• Like 2

I started right after GOD, what i liked about it there was that there was history right from lvl 1 now it just wants you to level fast to 85, I miss the istances, Crystal caverns, teredor, instances where you had to do things, getting keys, or things like that, not only port and kill a monster... But what I miss the most is the pvp, when i got to 99 and even before you could find pvp in a lot of places, my clan always had at least 3 active wars, you had to port to parnasus with celestial, hide or anything, or pvp to enter a instance, also miss that with good gear or average gear you could defend yourself, now even if you have average to top gear you can still get 1kk hit from someone, and because of people only logging to leave macro, theres little wars open :(

• Thanks 1

I miss the old Pailaka quests, nothing like running around, completely lost in the zaken one trying to find all 4 bosses lol

Also miss Varka/Ketra areas and their raidbosses. The questline where you had to pick a side and lvl it up for ketra badge (or varka)

In general miss ALL the lower raidbosses, from lvl 20 and up.

The old Hellbound where you could spend hours in the old village searching for a key to get into the tower thing (forgot the name)

Making "shot toons" to lvl 40 for the mentee certs to get shots, 

But most of all, I miss all the friends that Quit over the years. And dear Moska (Mumsie) who sadly passed away a few years ago

P.S. Thx Sly for taking me down this memory lane :-D

• Like 1

miss farming fire stones in IoP

I miss seeing drops and actually farming for something, getting back to town with more loot that i left town with

miss VoS and MoS, aoe at FoG and Seed of Annihilation, the one with the bugs 

i miss knowing who i;m dealing with at random groups, every toon is disposable now, takes a week to lvl rmt to gear and can be discarded in the blink of an eye.

i miss actually being able to farm higher level gear instead of buying with rmt, and needing trillions of gear in order to farm maybe millions of adenas

I miss questing that actually gave you a goal to something

Most of all ...I miss xping with my old friends who quit because what NCsoft turned this game into...

Although I'm back after many years of being of being off, recently I find myself asking why I'm still logging. I do not enjoy this mobile game model at all, and tbh I am not emotionally involved in this game anymore as I am sure many people disconnected with it as well, courtesy on the people running this circus 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

When I started in 2004, this game was very different and such a new experience, my first MMO, these are things i miss from those first few years.  I miss the Devianne server, where i started.  

I miss all the classic clans and pvp before it was p2w, when things were slightly more equal among players, pvp was fun and somewhat fair depending on gear levels of course. Also miss when you had to pay to play the game, this eliminated a lot of young players from the game, therefore making the overall age of players 18+ and slightly more mature or at minimum made sure those that did play on mommy and daddy credit cards were somewhat respectful, somewhat. 

After coming back to game after a year off, I recently learned the grade penalty is gone, I miss that. I feel players now being able to log in and just p2w top gears or even just being able to earn R grade level gear is ridiculous. It should be a challenge, an accomplishment, I remember the pride of making 40 for c grade, 52 for b grade, etc; and finally being able to craft that item and wear it. 

I miss random parties, logging out in certain areas, logging back in and just shouting LFG, and being a tank for the entire day for basically the same party.  Or just creating a random group, having warring clan member call a truce to party together, then breaking the party and watching them go back to pvp again, just made the game more fun. 

I miss random raid boss parties with my mage and/or tank, watching her level up from just one boss, then on to the next and repeat.  

Truly miss catacombs xping and pvp for rooms, I miss castle sieges that aren't one sided, where even a small clan or alliance has a chance.  

I miss original TOI hunting, tanking levels 9+, Cruma CPs that last hours, ditto for catacomb parties and parties at IT.  

Most of all, I miss questing with friends and clannies you have known for years, i miss hopping on vent and chatting friends worldwide. 

That's a small list of some of the things I miss from the "good ole days" of Lineage 2.  

Edited by Leofire
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I started on devianne in 2004 as well shortly after retail. I miss hunting in fields around starter towns such  as de village I would get low on health and have to try and outrun spiders from the swamp and they would chase you a helluva long way before stopping. I miss  soda..I miss cruma and believe it or not I miss  the days when you couldn’t afford soul shots or to even teleport. I remember riding the boat to talking island. I miss the days when clans really meant something and you needed them to xp. I still play today and have taken multiple breaks but this game is not even close to the game that will always be my first mmo.

• Like 2

I miss being able to advance in game by actually *playing* the game. I miss people working together to achieve a goal.

Also, the memory of crafting SSD and and trying to sell it for 12 adena while the regular price was 11 feels nostalgic for some reason lol.

• Like 2

On 6/22/2020 at 4:09 PM, Leofire said:

That's a small list of some of the things I miss from the "good ole days" of Lineage 2.  

Thanks for typing this so I didn't have to. I agree with all of this:x

I played Bartz (beta), Hindemith, Phoenix & Chronos.

• Thanks 1

Hindemith from release t, Killing FS and Divine. Cruma fights....Supporting EvilSeed as they pked and screenshotted 1000's of bots. Ah the good ol days. Released the summer before 6th grade, I never played an MMO. It was true love, an addiction was born, found a great small, tight knit guild. Learned alot about life and how to work with others. Incredible memories. I quit before senior year of highschool, first serious girlfriend ruined it all. Just picked up classic 4 days ago, figured I would give it a go. So far its ok, definitely not the same vibes tho.   

On 6/20/2020 at 2:52 PM, Stars said:

I miss the old Pailaka quests, nothing like running around, completely lost in the zaken one trying to find all 4 bosses lol

Also miss Varka/Ketra areas and their raidbosses. The questline where you had to pick a side and lvl it up for ketra badge (or varka)

In general miss ALL the lower raidbosses, from lvl 20 and up.

The old Hellbound where you could spend hours in the old village searching for a key to get into the tower thing (forgot the name)

Making "shot toons" to lvl 40 for the mentee certs to get shots, 

But most of all, I miss all the friends that Quit over the years. And dear Moska (Mumsie) who sadly passed away a few years ago

P.S. Thx Sly for taking me down this memory lane :-D

Ketra & Varka, WoA will be back in 2 updates as Korea got them as new revamped places this week - sadly enough without any meaningful quests but it's something

Using all of my spare time to do wish pot quests for my friends who were playing Overlords because that was the only way to get Heart of Pa'agrio spellbook. Knocked out a few pairs of Demon Gloves too... What was the wish quests NPC name again?

1 hour ago, Morty said:

Using all of my spare time to do wish pot quests for my friends who were playing Overlords because that was the only way to get Heart of Pa'agrio spellbook. Knocked out a few pairs of Demon Gloves too... What was the wish quests NPC name again?

+++ Wishing Potion Quest... 1/2 for Wisdom(try for Amulet: Heart of Pa'aggrio), 1/3 for Wealth(try for {1-100}m Adena).98% 3 Grimas wipe your party... 2% ~100k?) and 1/6 for Kingdom(maybe some Demon robe armor)

When they are willing to make multi-use quests again I think they should start with this one[main 105+ and takes you to MOBs and NPCs in some of the newer Lvl 99+  areas(as well as older 1-99 areas) you shouldn't NEED to attack any MOBs Dark RED for Level 105... just avoid the Agros if you can]

Edited by Teribeth

On 6/18/2020 at 5:23 PM, Nymphadorae said:

Mostly I miss places that I really found beautiful at the time:

Monastery of Silence: the library part, the top levels, and eventually Anais' room was really conveying that cathedral feeling.

Valley of Saints: that cool, almost Core lighting effect on the walls were Barakiel would spawn.

Devil's Isle was pretty amazing as well, all the way until Zaken's ship.

Old Hellbound with the Chimeras (that dropped elemental stones).

I also always loved Primeval Island, but that "came back" again in a timed zone form xD just cool Interlude vibes there.

More "recently", I really like Crystal Caverns (Parnassus overall was really cool), but the inside of that instance was gorgeous to me (specially Emerald Square with Veridan).

Devils Isle run was fun, Evas temple too.

• Like 2