Forums

Upcoming PK System Changes - Discussion

SM-T

25 minutes ago, Gia35 said:

@Juji, I have a better idea! why not turn off PK?  and make lineage 2 a PVE game, Make all zone a safe zone.

Have u considered what going to happen in siege day? I feel like your favoring boxer, promoting more people to AFK farming. IMO if you want to AFK farm. Do it at your own risk! When the last time you go into blazing swamp, or any other farming area! There are more AFK farmers then freaking mobs.

Have you consider what you're doing to people that's been playing these games for years. How much time had to put into this game to earn that one special gear. Now want to punish them for doing your jobs.

I agree with @Ozzoo "make it for children from 5 to 12 years old."

Children don't use credit cards. If you talk about safety don't buy insurance for your car then and hope for the best.
The reason for NO DROP / DESTROY items was exactly that insurance that we will NOT lose the items that we buy either ncstore or with arena/trades.

If you support this, you never knew what is like to farm for gear and drop it because u died in PvE ( LIVE ) and some random duche passing thru the catacombs picks it up.
I played this game with all the changes and hardships since 2003, the pk exploit was the worst of them all, because someone hired to do his job FAILED to do it.

Drop or not, my VISA will not be added any more to my accounts. If you still hardcore players like u all pretend to be, 1 client only policy as well.

Bring it! Show me hardcore B1%^ !

@Juji l2 its an open pvx world and with this you are making the games just a pve bullshit.

No pvp for dragons.

No pvp in dim siege.

You cant war a clan under 14 ppl, so geared ppl is forming clan with 2cps and go and try to port into dragons and you cant do shit becouse you cant pk them nor war them, at least make dragon pvp area!

You cant pk ppl who does not have the balls to fight for his spot.

Konwing how useless your dev team are AFK players will drop their items.

Ty for take away all the fun of l2.

• L2 Team

<Merged all of the discussion into one thread to keep track of feedback>

3 hours ago, Draecke said:

@Juji  is the below fix that will be enabled per next week or is that fix already part of the current game build ?

Fixed an issue where players could intentionally grief auto-hunting players into chaotic status to force them to drop items.

asking cause on EU/RU it has been tested on 18th June and the PK exploit does still exist!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4mYjmBfw8Q

There is already an open bug with the Dev team regarding the Lindvior Earring/God Jewel issue you linked above that is awaiting a fix.

The PK item drops/destruction changes were sent to us to deploy for next week, but if the issue for griefing is not fully fixed then it will not be deployed.

4 minutes ago, Juji said:

There is already an open bug with the Dev team regarding the Lindvior Earring issue you linked above that is awaiting a fix.

The PK item drops/destruction changes were sent to us to deploy for next week, but if the issue for griefing is not fully fixed then it will not be deployed.

Im 41 years old and a father of 2 , I mean no disrespect but You guys HIGH

• Haha 3

We need more info. How is it fixed? What changed? What won't the PK griefers be able to do that they were able to do before? What about AOE payers, will they be protected from being tricked red? I get the feeling that you aren't sure yourself as yet how the changes will work, is your team being afforded the chance to test them out or will we be testing them in game by seeing how much gear is lost? Will there be any consequences for players who are found to be engaging in griefing tactics?

Edited by Morty
clarification

NO Pk system please!!, and no dropping items!!!!! this game is already to PVE friendly!!! instead add war zone to all dragons and more PVP places like swamp of screams etc to encourage PVP. Thank you!

• Like 1

Also please make changes to be able to WAR all clans no matter how many members in that clan or lvl of that clan! ppl with 14 man and less clans take advantage of PVP, now you take out this PK system really!??!?! please fix these problems for ppl who like to PVP.! thanks

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Juji said:

There is already an open bug with the Dev team regarding the Lindvior Earring/God Jewel issue you linked above that is awaiting a fix.

@Juji are you personally testing it on a pts like the video showed before deploying?

" Thru failure, we learn "  They have to fail in order to fix something and even if they fix those other "exploits" will emerge, 

You can jump on players now, 6 players with low hp + 1 nuker for the last hit will make me, you and anyone in this game with a 6 pk count in seconds. And I bet these guys can't wait to get our stuff for free so they will make scripts. And with that said your reaction time will not matter.

New pk / pvp system ? ok , introduce bounty on players, let us use pvp points to unlock new skills/ items / upgrades or help other payers with some gifts from the store.

Whatever, but don't destroy the items I paid with real money converting coins into adena, because we gonna have a big big problem!

So for now , delog or fish ... 

If you release the PK changes next wednesday, what guarantee we have if someone lose items for PK exploit?
NCwest will support us, or we just will lose items?

Edited by Foxes
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

@juji, we're under the impression that the Items that we purchase or acquired with NCoins are safe, and protected. Now you're telling us we can lose it all because we played the game. PK'ing is part of the game, its in the game. If you want to punish griefer, you can punish them in a different way, make PK'er do less dmg per PK point then acquired. -10% dmg per PK till they can no longer do dmg TO player Char or whatever.

https://forums.lineage2.com/topic/18769-pk-system-changes-624-discussion/?do=findComment&comment=127339

Edited by Gia35

3 hours ago, Juji said:

@Juji

Everything what was made last 2 years and each new fix of that - was failed. Completely failed. And sometimes even epic failed.

I dont have any good example of fix of any part of game. So now we have Feast Of Drop as incoming event.

Really - not sure 141% - no need even think of realise it.  

If you not test how it works over 6 month in row  in every possible way - no even think about realise.

From last wave of dropping items this game lost near 15% of players.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Scoobz said:

Also please make changes to be able to WAR all clans no matter how many members in that clan or lvl of that clan! ppl with 14 man and less clans take advantage of PVP, now you take out this PK system really!??!?! please fix these problems for ppl who like to PVP.! thanks

There's another topic buried somewhere around here where people discuss how the war system is also being abused to either avoid or force unwanted pvp unto clans. Strong toon in pve clan has a spot you want? Declare war to shoo 'em away. They open war? Scour hunting grounds and "pvp" with lowbies and macros alike until war is stopped. Rinse and repeat.

6 hours ago, Scoobz said:

NO Pk system please!!, and no dropping items!!!!! this game is already to PVE friendly!!! instead add war zone to all dragons and more PVP places like swamp of screams etc to encourage PVP. Thank you!

6 hours ago, Scoobz said:

lol somebody who knows how game works and knows what fixes this game req @juji shut him up  for telling the truth ! NOW 

Edited by HandsVSkills

Can't wait to kill the chaotic characters and pick up all their NCoin donated gear!! mmmm nom nom!!! Thank you Juji, we love you <3

The game is now trully free. We dont need to pay ncoin for gear anymore. Just get the gear of those that have the money t pay. Their tears will taste nice!!! :3

Edited by derian4real

You could let PK system how it was in last months but make PVE/PVP farm zones, so ppl can choose at each level where they want macro xp, but reward PVP zones with better xp (+50% for example).

btw: I have no problem with PK drop system but as many ppl here said - are you really sure you fixed that exploit?

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Barnabas666 said:

You could let PK system how it was in last months but make PVE/PVP farm zones, so ppl can choose at each level where they want macro xp, but reward PVP zones with better xp (+50% for example).

btw: I have no problem with PK drop system but as many ppl here said - are you really sure you fixed that exploit?

Not a bad ideea , 50 % more exp just in pvp zones.
Before you support the drop/destroy item on pk system remember they did not fix the exploits. The "fix" was no drop at all.

Some still don't get it. It's not about that player being red as a pker. It's about how they exploit the system using an alt character and making your macro toon turn red by killing them because they have 1 hp and they die by reflect. When you are red, they kill you and you lose or drop items. It becomes an unintended pk from you but you lose or drop item anyway who cares because you have turned red by the exploit of this player. That was how many players lost their +12 and +16 weapons last time and quit the game.

11 hours ago, Scoobz said:

Come on dude, you have better gear then most clans members together!  You guys won't even dark castle.  It honestly appears as your clan does not actually want pvp, everything you do (MS)  says so.  Starting wars w/ clans in +6 R-99 armor is not pvp.  Placing a dragon weapon at every castle is not pvp.  Then when 1 member dies ya send war like little girls so if they decide to have fun at siege, the consequences are not worth the attempt for fun. 

14 hours ago, Hydrogen said:

@Juji

The new system will be good only if:

1) You refund the victims in case they lose gear

2) Ban permanently the scammers. 

So it will be good for the community if you can quarantee about those 2 things. If not, all hell will break loose from Wednesday, since exploiters and scammers waiting for this chance.

Also, if you are sure that this "fix" is working and everyone is safe, i guess there will be any problem if you promise for refund in potential scams. 

Thanks in advance.

They dont BAN bot users. I dont think it gonna happens.

Once again bot/scammers wyn!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Scoobz said:

War zone in dragons would be nice!

Me and a frined lost something like 70-80 bil for the pk scammers, and nc just said they cannot do anything.

Im 42 yo, work 60-100 hs per week, i cannot do nothing in my 2 hours in front the PC.

Now, u really talking to me:``Go find another game old man`` or `` Go find another hobby.``

No one can lost itens like always happens and get this feedback from you guys, is disrespectful.

• Like 1