Upcoming PK System Changes - Discussion

SM-T

Ahhh the possibilities that so many are missing. If this system goes up and its broken, AFK'ers will stop afk'ing 24/7 and my joyous melee hit-lag will cease to exist. I know its really hard to lvl in this game without going AFK 24/7, but it was once so hard to lvl in this game that many of us use to cry about it. But, we did it anyway. We stayed at the keyboard for crazy hours, called in sick for work cause we had a super party going and enjoyed the company of other players. Now I spend a lot of time just watching my toons play themselves. Also, there was an event that gave a lot of PK scrolls that have been useless in one of my warehouses for so long...NOW THEY WILL SELL LIKE HOT CAKES. hehehehe. If those who PvP had kept it to just PvP as needed and not bullying others maybe they wouldn't have come back with this. But nooooo, I wanna setup my Archer in FoS and take three spots so i'll just PK everyone around me, and if they come back i'll war the clan. Sound familiar? I'm cool with whatever happens, but PvP griefers...you brought this on yourselves.

5 minutes ago, LLCJPhenomenon said:

Ahhh the possibilities that so many are missing. If this system goes up and its broken, AFK'ers will stop afk'ing 24/7 and my joyous melee hit-lag will cease to exist. I know its really hard to lvl in this game without going AFK 24/7, but it was once so hard to lvl in this game that many of us use to cry about it. But, we did it anyway. We stayed at the keyboard for crazy hours, called in sick for work cause we had a super party going and enjoyed the company of other players. Now I spend a lot of time just watching my toons play themselves. Also, there was an event that gave a lot of PK scrolls that have been useless in one of my warehouses for so long...NOW THEY WILL SELL LIKE HOT CAKES. hehehehe. If those who PvP had kept it to just PvP as needed and not bullying others maybe they wouldn't have come back with this. But nooooo, I wanna setup my Archer in FoS and take three spots so i'll just PK everyone around me, and if they come back i'll war the clan. Sound familiar? I'm cool with whatever happens, but PvP griefers...you brought this on yourselves.

Im pretty sure u will be here next week crying about u melee lag bro, dont worry.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

IMO, this current system and newer system is going to be once again poorly implemented.. full of exploits and hacks catering to problems NCSOFT wont address..

Ive read a 10000% better idea in this thread and it should be given consideration.

Game is PVP/PVE.. there are safe zones and war zones already ingame.. there is 70% of the world map useless to anyone playing the game and gives more then enough room to make PVP and PVE hunting zones... drops, xp, adena should be reflected by the area you choose...

Obvious 100% problem solved and yet NCSOFt chooses a 1% option.

GG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Degus said:

Come on dude, you have better gear then most clans members together!  You guys won't even dark castle.  It honestly appears as your clan does not actually want pvp, everything you do (MS)  says so.  Starting wars w/ clans in +6 R-99 armor is not pvp.  Placing a dragon weapon at every castle is not pvp.  Then when 1 member dies ya send war like little girls so if they decide to have fun at siege, the consequences are not worth the attempt for fun. 

Yea and im trying to keep my gear not lose it to some idiot who comes and tries to get me to PK them makes me drop my gear while im AFK. If you didn't cash out your gear from a year ago you as well had a lot of top gear from what I remember, so im confused on what you crying about here? WE PVP FS, nova... does clans have full gear players not +6 sets that u state... so again what are you crying about degus? I thought u also MS I guess im wrong.

if you were a MS player doing this, they would have already made this change, but as a renovatio player. strange, only what babies ask for happens. as it will not favor them at all, nothing happens.

And here we go again to old  s hit.You make pk scammers happy and you will make me dont go out of town and cancel prestige pack because it will be useless.Thanks alot .If the fix is the same with all others i see ppl red and search for items they lost from pk scammers.No thanks i dont want to take the risk.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Juji said:

<Merged all of the discussion into one thread to keep track of feedback>

There is already an open bug with the Dev team regarding the Lindvior Earring/God Jewel issue you linked above that is awaiting a fix.

The PK item drops/destruction changes were sent to us to deploy for next week, but if the issue for griefing is not fully fixed then it will not be deployed.

@Juji so it's been confirmed by EU/RU license holder that this concerns a local server setting so to be clear from a liability point of view NCWest will be held accountable of how this is going to go down - just a simple legal disclaimer of where the responsibility lies.

All ppl just want to know right now is that NCWest will restore any & all damages, incl. lost augments etc, caused by the force pk exploit in the event that issue still exist and that anyone and all chars found being involved in executing the exploit will be perma banned from the game.

It's as simple a statement to confirm as that and we can all go our merry way without any further drama and to be clear I really would like to see the old PK system to work as it's supposed to be - without the exploit.

• Thanks 1

I remember the times where we could drop even from dying to mobs. Nowadays everyone crys because of pk drop.

Game its becoming a macro bot party.

IMO remove the macro system and put pk drop possible again, also remove sin eater and pk removal scrolls. No more cry babys...

15 minutes ago, Draecke said:

@Juji All ppl just want to know right now is that NCWest will restore any & all damages, incl. lost augments etc, caused by the force pk exploit in the event that issue still exist and that anyone and all chars found being involved in executing the exploit will be perma banned from the game.

No one exploits this game like top-geared people. No one.

And do perma-bans last? I'm never sure. Just last week I talked to an old acquaintance who was supposedly perma banned. He's wealthy irl, so it didn't surprise me when he turned up on a new, stacked character. 

I'm all for fixing what's broken -- or what will soon be broken -- but let's be real about the chances of a good, lasting result. Low chance of that.

Thank you Juji, this update has made my day! <3

Finally, we're back to normal, no more abuse from PK players who harass others just because they can. Now they will think twice before they go red.

Tho I really do hope you've managed to fix that bug.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Draecke said:

@Juji so it's been confirmed by EU/RU license holder that this concerns a local server setting so to be clear from a liability point of view NCWest will be held accountable of how this is going to go down - just a simple legal disclaimer of where the responsibility lies.

All ppl just want to know right now is that NCWest will restore any & all damages, incl. lost augments etc, caused by the force pk exploit in the event that issue still exist and that anyone and all chars found being involved in executing the exploit will be perma banned from the game.

It's as simple a statement to confirm as that and we can all go our merry way without any further drama and to be clear I really would like to see the old PK system to work as it's supposed to be - without the exploit.

You're really pushing too hard.The policy on such things is clear as day.Anything lost due to not attending your toon is your loss to coupe with, they dont restore items lost due to your negligence.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, mixa said:

Don't leave your toons unattended or you'll lose all the items you have spent your house on.Just a friendly advice :)

Was live few years back, before I knew it I was red because of a pet. It took just a few secs to realize wth is going on I used a bsoe. What if I took a shower, or taking a bleep? 
Or one of my boys needed my attention? 
Why should I limit myself on been NON STOP with my eyes on my monitor, or just soe out to town while I take a dump? 

2020 , some people still have a prehistoric mentality.

P.S. Can I press pause in l2? Pls introduce pause for mixa  :))) 

5 hours ago, Draecke said:

dont give up bro, for this, if they change the pk drop back to old, they are the respose for his choice, and if we drop item by pk with auto macro, we must go striking till they accept what we want, its simple is that, if no protection for are pixel, then they fault and they need to pay back, no matter how..

SAFE PLAY ITS A MUST OR THEY HAVE TO PAY WHAT THEY DO TO US! WE JUST NEED TO STRIKING BACK TILL THEY GIVE UP!

Edited by KissMyKnife

9 hours ago, ArctodusSimus said:

Was live few years back, before I knew it I was red because of a pet. It took just a few secs to realize wth is going on I used a bsoe. What if I took a shower, or taking a bleep? 
Or one of my boys needed my attention? 
Why should I limit myself on been NON STOP with my eyes on my monitor, or just soe out to town while I take a dump? 

2020 , some people still have a prehistoric mentality.

P.S. Can I press pause in l2? Pls introduce pause for mixa  :))) 

If you need to take a break, you take a break. It's 2020 and some people still lack common sense.

@Juji

PK is still easy if victim using Lindvior/Greater Cat eye/MS.

Scammers using simple game mechanics.

In PK System Changes - 6/24 topic u said all issues are fixed.

Peoples asking u to reply : 

1) Will you restore back player items if scammers used bugs/game mechanics for items drop?

2) Will you ban scammers?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, balanceLife said:

@Juji

PK is still easy if victim using Lindvior/Greater Cat eye/MS.

Scammers using simple game mechanics.

In PK System Changes - 6/24 topic u said all issues are fixed.

Peoples asking u to reply : 

1) Will you restore back player items if scammers used bugs/game mechanics for items drop?

2) Will you ban scammers?

The fix was : No drop/destroy during a chaotic state.
Now they want to reintroduce it. Bad idea as you all can see.

1 hour ago, mixa said:

If you need to take a break, you take a break. It's 2020 and some people still lack common sense.

I can take a break w/o having to soe out or worry about my items. as you can see at this very moment, it is possible and its working fine. 
You lack the common sense to acknowledge why the auto-target is in place. You just refuse to acknowledge SAFE afk hunting.

"Anything lost due to not attending your toon is your loss to coupe with, they dont restore items lost due to your negligence." 

No1 lost items during afk hunting at this time, but after this modification to pk system, people will lose items.
Do NOT transfer the "negligence" to players since there is a system in place that is working perfectly at this time, introducing this modification to the pk system WITHOUT making the proper fixes for the exploits ( again its impossible to fix something if you don't know its broken)  is NEGLIGENCE. 

Have some common sense and get your facts straight.

P.S. Might be a game and a digital environment, money are real throw. Don't bleep with my money bleep!

26 minutes ago, ArctodusSimus said:

I can take a break w/o having to soe out or worry about my items. as you can see at this very moment, it is possible and its working fine. 
You lack the common sense to acknowledge why the auto-target is in place. You just refuse to acknowledge SAFE afk hunting.

"Anything lost due to not attending your toon is your loss to coupe with, they dont restore items lost due to your negligence." 

No1 lost items during afk hunting at this time, but after this modification to pk system, people will lose items.
Do NOT transfer the "negligence" to players since there is a system in place that is working perfectly at this time, introducing this modification to the pk system WITHOUT making the proper fixes for the exploits ( again its impossible to fix something if you don't know its broken)  is NEGLIGENCE. 

Have some common sense and get your facts straight.

P.S. Might be a game and a digital environment, money are real throw. Don't bleep with my money bleep!

Come and tell me if you can after the update.

Also nobody cares if you choose to spend money on a game. If you lose your stuff, blame yourself.

I don't they will fix everything that might get you in a PK state while afk.

> Fixed an issue where players could intentionally grief auto-hunting players into chaotic status to force them to drop items.

Note: They didn't say it will be impossible to make players in afk macro PK someone.
I personally doubt they are able to identify and fix all the related bugs.
Let's see how long it takes for the first emergency downtime, and then until they remove this completely because it negatively influences their business ^^

@juji talk to me about pk . Key word  drop gear ! Usually when this system comes out we will see some new dw , bloody weapons , Armors , jewels . It have happened before . Corruption , I don’t know . 

Edited by HandsVSkills

Problem is the game engine and how order of events are handled.

We see it everyday in many different situations both in pve and pvp:
Damage taken vs when a protective skill comes up possibly resulting in death even with protective skill up.
Stun, fear, knockback/knockdown, root and any other abnormal status effect while you have purge or other protective skills up at the same time.
Malfunctioning skills which do not apply their effect or get canceled due to another action of the character.
Lost consumables/effects/buffs from lootboxes and consumables with "instant" use when affected by any type of effect that makes you move like fear and party return.

I am pretty sure all this is only happening due to latency issues on this server creating a huge window where things can go wrong but still partially this is also because of very bad way of handling it coding wise.