Upcoming PK System Changes - Discussion

SM-T

No logic in what you said. If I deposit something in a deposit box and it's missing I'm not to blame. 
My character/account is that deposit and its supposed to be safe from exploiters indifferent if I'm afk or not.  

"Also nobody cares if you choose to spend money on a game"
I already know YOU don't care and again who asked your opinion about why/what I'm spending. If i chose to spend its not your business and since there is an l2store i can use, i will use it.
Its not about WHAT i spend, its about what happens with the items i buy and how secure they are from ignorant people like you.

Want a free game? Go play Tetris.

6 hours ago, magistralis said:

Why do people complain about 100% afk macros when the game's grind is so boring? If it were fun to grind on this game, I would agree with these people.

Agreed.

• L2 Team

Hello All,

We have decided to no longer move forward with the Dev planned changes to the PK system to add back item drops or item destruction when PK count is 4+ for the 6/24 maintenance. Several issues were found during our testing and have already been reported to the Dev team to investigate for further troubleshooting. We want to ensure that all of the concerns regarding griefing and PK drops are fully resolved before the changes are implemented in a future update.

Thank You!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Juji said:

Hello All,

We have decided to no longer move forward with the Dev planned changes to the PK system to add back item drops or item destruction when PK count is 4+ for the 6/24 maintenance. Several issues were found during our testing and have already been reported to the Dev team to investigate for further troubleshooting. We want to ensure that all of the concerns regarding griefing and PK drops are fully resolved before the changes are implemented in a future update.

Thank You!

I think you should give me and the next 10 people to reply a free Dragon/Demonic weapon of our choice. Then I won't care if I drop something by "exploit." :)

7 hours ago, Juji said:

Hello All,

Thank You!

Great! Thank you!

7 hours ago, Juji said:

Hello All,

Thank You!

=O

Pk is illegal again!?

7 hours ago, Juji said:

Hello All,

Thank You!

Thank you for looking into it.

To the people who are all for the drop aspect being put back in. I don't think anyone has an issue with dropping being put back in when over a certain number of pks. They have an issue with the exploits that allow someone to make you go red based off of a game bug while you are afk which makes you drop said items based off no choice of the items owners (except to afk macro xp completely by the terms of the eula) 

If you can't see the difference between the arguments, there isn't much hope in a successful discussion about it. People are just jealous about others having gear they don't. 

• Like 2

@Juji Thanks for not applying the PK changes. It would be so weird if people trick other players into PK for items drops during PVP and Sieges. We are donating a lot of real money into this game and you think we want to lose all items within seconds of PK during PVP and Sieges?. People can get PK often on sieges where the borderline of Combat Zone and outside zone are so if you're planning implement PK changes to items drop, please fix those issues. Thanks

27 minutes ago, DiBui said:

@Juji Thanks for not applying the PK changes. It would be so weird if people trick other players into PK for items drops during PVP and Sieges. We are donating a lot of real money into this game and you think we want to lose all items within seconds of PK during PVP and Sieges?. People can get PK often on sieges where the borderline of Combat Zone and outside zone are so if you're planning implement PK changes to items drop, please fix those issues. Thanks

They should fix the issue of force pk, not dumb down the game, don't run around w/ 4 pk's and all will be well. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Juji said:

Hello All,

Thank You!

is so simple fix it...

if u are pk and remove your karma u go purple...

if u go purple dont go white till u hit town. (safe area, remove that small safe area at port to hunt zones).

make reflect dmg dont go under 1hp. (i think, this dont count but just in case).

Edited by Nawdur
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Hyperlite said:

They have an issue with the exploits that allow someone to make you go red based off of a game bug while you are afk which makes you drop said items based off no choice of the items owners.

If someone uses the exploit, can't they detect it?   

There... will... be... no... PK... drop... for... now... people... 

On 22/06/2020 at 2:55 AM, Juji said:

Hello All,

Thank You!

https://forums.lineage2.com/topic/18769-upcoming-pk-system-changes-discussion/?page=4&tab=comments#comment-127477

19 hours ago, Nawdur said:

is so simple fix it...

if u are pk and remove your karma u go purple...

This would be soooo useful, not only to fight against exploiters.

Given it is so quick to clear karma I had so many problems when hunting PKers because of that, they loose karma and I get flagged, even tho when I was casting a skill he was still red, but when I hit him he is white. If I hit too hard he dies and I go red >.<

hi all,
I posted a ticket about this a year ago. and here is the answer from NC SOFT :
"The PK system is working as intended, and is meant to make players drop items after a threshold is reached. Please note that the macro system is not meant to be used unattended. This is not meant to be use as an AFK feature and should be used while being monitored. Had a player been monitoring, they would have been able to prevent this issue".
For them there was no problem and now there is one ?
JUJI said on forum : "Fixed an issue where players could intentionally grief auto-hunting players into chaotic status to force them to drop items."

It's a joke !

Fixed an issue where players could intentionally grief auto-hunting players into chaotic status to force them to drop items.

Thank You!

Finally !

Failing to confess to half forgive !  You confirm your incompetence and the injustice suffered by the players. I think it's time too of repairing the moral and financial prejudices, of all the players having lost their items, who will still be able to prove it !
Indeed items with increases "augment" can not be dropped .

Thank you for taking into consideration the damages, and for being more professional than ever !
Edited by Chanix

The way I see things, the ones asking for this are for the most part either pk exploiters or f2p users with barely anything to lose. Lots of people wanted pk penalties because of the pk fest perpetrated by bored or just plain nasty gear hoarders but I'm very doubtful that this is what they had in mind. In my experience the current pk penalties have curbed the pk sprees significantly without eliminating pking as an option.

only result was to freely remove all pk counts from people like ex, iis and petipow, who just traveled the map of aden and pked everyone on the way !!! so amazed! it sounds like a planned advantage to people to make money with the new mentoring system, selling mentees , killing the rest! :/

• L2 Team

<Merged additional threads into the discussion topic>

I will repeat this again. We are not enabling the PK item drop/destruction for the 6/24 maintenance until the griefing issue is fully fixed in a future update. There is no cause for concern about losing items from having +4 PKs and negative karma after the maintenance this week.

• Like 1