Classic Server Maintenance: Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Hime

• L2 Team

Game servers will be down for maintenance beginning Wednesday, July 1, 2020 at 5 a.m. PDT / 7 a.m. CDT / 8 a.m. EDT / 2 p.m. GMT+2 and will be unavailable for approximately 2 hours and 30 minutes.

With this maintenance:

• The Night Market coins and Night Market Treasure Chest will be deleted. The Dimensional Merchant exchange will also be removed.
  • King Watermelon's Revenge event will end at 6 a.m. server time on July 1.
    • Seed of Revenge event items will also be deleted.
    • The Greater Spellbook Box and the Intermediate HP Potion will be deleted on 7/15.
  • Eva's Hair Accessory Tickets on the L2 Store has been extended for one additional week.
    • Increased success rate for Eva’s Hair Accessory enchants has also been extended by one week.
  • The game client will now be restricted to 10 clients per PC.

If you have any questions about the changes taking place during this maintenance, please feel free to post them on the forums. We also encourage you to follow @LineageIIOps for maintenance and server status updates.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

12 minutes ago, Hime said:

With this maintenance:

• The game client will now be restricted to 10 clients per PC.

That's very unfortunate, as some people (me included) run one main party and one farming party. I do understand that it might be an attempt to fight bots, quite strange one - you could have easily ban them without setting this limit, you have all the data needed for that.

Moreover, from my understanding bot software does effectively hide from your bot detection software built into client, so this limit most likely won't affect bots, but instead - will affect legit players like myself.

I would really appreciate if you could analyze the current situation better and undo that unfortunate mistake.

Thanks in advance!

--

Sincirely yours, most likely already VIP20, NeverDwarf

2 minutes ago, Nevermind said:

That's very unfortunate, as some people (me included) run one main party and one farming party. I do understand that it might be an attempt to fight bots, quite strange one - you could have easily ban them without setting this limit, you have all the data needed for that.

Moreover, from my understanding bot software does effectively hide from your bot detection software built into client, so this limit most likely won't affect bots, but instead - will affect legit players like myself.

I would really appreciate if you could analyze the current situation better and undo that unfortunate mistake.

Thanks in advance!

--

I agree many ppl use autofarm to farm with toons to buy shots to farm with mains in atr zones or zones where adena is shit for exp.
20 limit i would understand, but botters who farm to sell adena have multiple pcs and use various trick to bypass limits anyway

Just now, WutWutWut said:

my clan mater just have 10 windows just to sell items because it takes long to sell with low real pop :D

Oh, you are absolutely right, I forgot to mention shops. Problem with shops could be solved by reverting decision to make fish untradable - that way people could fish themselves sell/buy slots expansion tickets. But even with that - it won't be enough - 9 ppl party + 1 shop - already hit the limit :/

-NeverDwarf

42 minutes ago, Nevermind said:

Thanks in advance!

--

It's very fortunate for everyone else. Still weird they think 10 is okay. While having a side farm party you're potencially taking the spot from someone else. If your knowledge about bot software is correct, doesn't matter, your logic is that if bot does x, y should be able to do at least closer to that but no, you shouldn't, because bots should not be playing in the first place.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

the best thing is that boters need 1 key per pc, so if they cant log more than 10 box, they will just no bot here, so legal players may play in a real active sv, so far this sv was full afk/boted farm

1 hour ago, Nevermind said:

Thanks in advance!

--

You really crying when it should be 1 ACCOUNT PER PC? to promote parties! And put the report button again to ban bots (banning them ofc) should be a great improve!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Diskahan said:

You really crying when it should be 1 ACCOUNT PER PC? to promote parties! And put the report button again to ban bots (banning them ofc) should be a great improve!

Don't be naive. I'm playing this game 15 years, good luck finding alive SE, EE, BD, SWS.

-NeverDwarf