Restoration Policy

iNext

@Juji  Hi,  since there are a lot of misconceptions out there I would like to understand what items are eligible for restoration. For one weapon that was previously restored over 90 days ago, Support replies;

Hello,

I've checked our record and found that your xxxxxxx is eligible for restoration. However, please note we will still review it once it got destroyed from failed enchantment. Be advised that we're unable to restore any downgraded since this is a service that we don't provide for any players.

If you have any questions, please let us know.

Regards,
GM Saika
NCSOFT Support Team

for another, that was also restored over 90 days ago;

Hello,

We apologize for the delay it took to answer your ticket due to the high volume of requests we are currently receiving.

After reviewing your request, we have verified that the item in question is not eligible for restoration since it was already restored in the past. Unfortunately, we will be unable to provide assistance in this case. We hope you understand.

You may check the full details of the Token-based Restoration Policy here: https://support.lineage2.com/hc/en-us/articles/360035810271

Thank you for your understanding, and please let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
GM Maru
NCSOFT Support Team

why everything needs to be so complicated with NCSOFT :-(

r.jpg

Failed enchant is per-case basis afaik and you should not abuse this system just to gain higher OE on your weapon. This is meant for accidental occasions and not getting higher OE..... what's wrong with you dummies, exploiting everything in this game....

Edited by mixa

1 hour ago, mixa said:

Failed enchant is per-case basis afaik and you should not abuse this system just to gain higher OE on your weapon. This is meant for accidental occasions and not getting higher OE..... what's wrong with you dummies, exploiting everything in this game....

That is not correct.. there is nothing in the policy about "accidental occasions" and if they give tokens there is no reason not to use them in anyway I want. Also if they restore one item that is very similar to the other - restoration apparently is depended on their mood not policies.

So yea, just to close this topic, since there was no response from @Juji

some items that were previously restored they will restore, some they will not... I don't understand why they write policies though.

Whats-App-Image-2020-07-03-at-12-58-14.j

vs:

r.jpg

Edited by iNext

If the weapon had been restored once before they were wrong for restoring it again. I've been told that there is a limit to how far back they can and/or will go to review the records for restoration. It's possible 90 days ago that they didn't code the item as a restoration. It's also possible, I suppose, that they didn't care.

restoration its working fine for me, within the rules, i dont know what are you messing here!

would like to remind you that weapon in l2 is no.1 priority, all others are derivates that boost its power,

so keep it in mind as in the army, your weapon your best friend.

4 hours ago, Methodical said:

restoration its working fine for me, within the rules, i dont know what are you messing here!

You're missing the point. No one is talking about circumventing the rules, people are just questioning the wording on the policy page, since it contradicts what the GMs are saying via email.

• Like 1

On 7/4/2020 at 9:45 AM, Anything said:

I find the fact as a "fellow player" they have GM-level decision power over who get the service and who won't more shocking then the abuse people been doing with this...

Funny you should mention, because the rumor for some time now is that the only reason why the Restoration policy was started officially was because GMs were giving special treatment to only some of their pet players, restoring items that they broke when they shouldn't have. Eventually word of this special treatment got out and people were pissed off about it, as you can imagine. You can't have one set of rules for one group, but bend the rules for others, especially when the "others" were already elite level players with top gear.

On 7/5/2020 at 11:15 AM, RibaS said:

@Juji @Hime

ok i wand to buy 1 weapon from AH how cam be to know if this weapon have receive restoration in past?

The only safe thing to do is not enchant. Automatically assume that it has been broken before. The higher the enchant level, the more likely that it was broken.

Also, apply some logic. If you see 8 or 9 bows in the AH that are +16 or higher, but you don't see any Gold save coupons for sale, then odds are high that people restored the bows that are for sale. Enchanters don't stop enchanting until something breaks. If there are plenty of Gold save coupons available you would see much less OE bows for sale, because those same enchanters would keep trying for +30.