Trade Scams in Giran town

There's been a group of people in giran town mainly that go around auto-trading everyone hoping to trick someone who doesnt notice. And they do ofc trick people since this is done automatically almost all day long for a long time now.

We understand how this might not count as a scam by NCsoft standars (as per their response) but this is an automated process that goes on for days now. I hope NCsoft does something about it..

• Like 1

This is obviously a scam scheme that these player/players are using and super easy to track and find out! I can give my personal testimony and said that i fell on this scam these past few days and pretty sure a lot more players eventually will also post here saying they fell on the same "trap". No matter what, a scam is a scam and its super bad for the server community and unhealthy. NcSoft should do something about this!

• Like 1

I totally agree, today happened to me, as soon as I arrived one char requested trade at the same time as I was getting closer to my other char, and after that he seat down and showed me the Items he had stolen from NAWS few days a go. this  is ridiculous, we should have a way to check the trade making it more secure since Nsoft can't return the items lost. 

• Like 1

This 'scam' scheme is as old as L2 itself. But it is not a scam, it might be questionable, bad, but not scam. And back in days NC did everything they could to prevent this - they added character name, level and clan to the trade interface - it is now your responsibility to check this.

Also, use one or all of the following tips:

• Initiate trade from the character which has item(s)
  • Do the trade NOT in Giran
  • Use paymail/mail
  • Block characters who repeatedly send trade requests

Surprisingly I never fell into this trick since I've started playing back in 2005 (or 2004?).

-NeverDwarf

• Like 1

I was robbed on 09/07/2020 enter 17:00 - 18:50 I was trading items and these thieves sent trade all the time disrupting my negotiations and when I logged a fake to pass my items they sent trade before and stole all my items and are selling in giran.

Regardless of alliance or clan, I believe this can affect everyone. We need some attitudes on the part of the administrators of our game, it didn't happen to me or to any ally I know but I'm still on the side of the owner of this post. We need immediate attitudes, maybe trade's only with similar lvl's characters, or trades with a big difference in level only for friends added to the friendlist ... finally something has to be done @Juji and @Hime

Thanks

• Like 1

unfortunately only one post with the title "beware scamers" was what our GM did for us, I was not hit by this wave of scamers but I know who it was, I hope effective changes are simple changes that can already be implemented in the next restart of server, think about the good of our community please GM's.

THX

• Like 1

Okay,

so here's the thing, honest players who mostly work, pay their credit cards and buy NCoin, are harmed and our GM's can't do anything to protect us? I advise you to do something about it @Juji @Hime because we are the ones who keep the server alive.

Thank you

• Like 1

once NC can track if an item was restored or not, they certainly can track those itens stolen by this player, don’t they?
it would be really nice to make every effort as possible to solve situations like this! 
It damages our trust in this game. Do we have to give up on playing it? Not only we do have to coexist with bots and now this? 

there is technology enough nowadays to solve this!! 

as players we can also help each other by playing it fair and helping to identify chars with this kind of behavior. Everyone can be the next. 

Edited by Carmenere
Spelling

For find this scam its very easly for gms, just walk in giran and find the chars ho send trade for no reason, 

Find the chars,
Find the itens,
Find the scamer
Find the ip number
Ban then all

help the players ho play honestly and for fun. help us ncsoft

4 hours ago, Felipaoyes said:

For find this scam its very easly for gms, just walk in giran and find the chars ho send trade for no reason, 

Find the chars,
Find the itens,
Find the scamer
Find the ip number
Ban then all

help the players ho play honestly and for fun. help us ncsoft

They don't need to "walk in giran", they have database and all transactions are logged. It is more than easy for them to return items and punish scammers. They just don't want to.

-NeverDwarf

It is not possible that in the face of so many reports involving a possible IP about theft of items from so many players, the company does not do something to try to minimize such a situation. I really hope that there is a solution and that the culprit is somehow punished for such attitudes .

Hello,

This is a very serious matter, it has already hurt good people, who want to enjoy the game, friendships and challenges that L2 offers.
The NC needs to take a drastic attitude towards this type of behavior, which violates its own rules and try, in some way, to help the injured people, and to punish the person responsible for the act.
#GMneedact

Guys i know its not a fix but in option in the gameplay section, block the trade so u will be the only able to send the request, it kinda helps alot, and always check nick and clan when trading gear, i rec using mail and add chars as friend to avoid typos

once i lost a xp hat and other xp stuff like pendant +7 to this kind of scam. the support team answer was they couldn't help because i used to trade too much the items between accounts, and said i was trying to abuse their system asking it back lol. i thought it was a joke at 1st time i read it.
I know a person that got scammed this way, he was removing hits equipments and the guy traded him, in the same day the support recovered all his gear that was sold and the people that bought w/o knowing it was scammed items in giran lost all the adena they paid for it, and he recovered all his items. The support team isn't fair with all the players, they provide some serious and fast action to some "$pecial" fraction of the players, while the other have their requests denied asking the same kind of action.

I’m DarkYuzuke and as you can see, I quit gaming because i’ve been robbed... All my itens are selling in Giran. These are The List of itens I lost:

SET MA +6
AM +9 +acumen
IC shield sealed
Aden cloak +10 
Orfen earring lv3
Doll orfen lv1
Doll frintezza lv1
Talisman bracelet lv6
Agathion bracelet lv5
Capricorn +8
Aquarius +7
Gemini +7

and GMs didnt do anything... We play on a official Server, spend real money here and cant receive any help. They said to me to try talk with the player.

Really sad whats going on on GIRAN SERVER atm with all this scammers.

Please avoid to make trades , i recommend also to go in your options and setup to auto decline trades!

NCsoft need to do something about this @Juji @Hime this is bad for server health and alot of ppl quiting because of this , its easy to track down this scammers and just perma ban IP.

Some nicks that you should investigate [moderated] (plus they keep doing lvl 1 toons for this scams / selling scammed items at giran).

Edited by PhoenixMitra
Removed names.

it is the minimum to recover items from players that are legitimate, work during the day, make payment and play in spare time for pleasure. Letting this sad event pass is MORE proof that NCsoft doesn't care or cares little about its players and customers. Letting this event go by is bad for the L2 community, bad for players and bad for NCWest's business, think and as soon as possible take action.

ACTIONS NCWEST